The rest of the universe

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
24-01-2014, 06:47 PM
RE: The rest of the universe
(Gen 1:14) And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2014, 06:53 PM
(24-01-2014 06:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  (Gen 1:14) And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,

Couldn't God have just created a few local suns to act as lights in the sky rather than whole galaxies?
24-01-2014, 09:14 PM
(24-01-2014 06:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  (Gen 1:14) And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,

Yeah, I believe I've already covered this.

24-01-2014, 10:59 PM
I think about this and I think about a TTA Facebook post a few days ago where it showed how tiny the earth was and how immense the universe is. And over all of it is Jesus hovering saying "don't masturbate." Good for a lol.

Quote: (Gen 1:14) And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,

How is this relevant to the universe?
24-01-2014, 11:57 PM
(24-01-2014 10:59 PM)natachan Wrote:  
Quote: (Gen 1:14) And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,

How is this relevant to the universe?

Because the whole vastness of the immense cosmos was created so we could know when it was going to get colder or warmer soon, and so that we know when random meaningless holidays should happen based on arbitrary cyclical pattern.

That's why...

25-01-2014, 12:05 AM
(23-01-2014 06:51 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  This is a question for Christians.If God only really care so much about the earth why did he make the rest universe? I mean why is it there?

I'm not a Christian, but I'll try to answer from that perspective. Seriously, why not? He's god, he can do anything and it costs him nothing. So why not just make it immensly bigger than needed...possibly even infinite? Maybe there's a hot angel babe he was trying to impress.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
25-01-2014, 12:18 AM
(25-01-2014 12:05 AM)toadaly Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 06:51 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  This is a question for Christians.If God only really care so much about the earth why did he make the rest universe? I mean why is it there?

I'm not a Christian, but I'll try to answer from that perspective. Seriously, why not? He's god, he can do anything and it costs him nothing. So why not just make it immensly bigger than needed...possibly even infinite? Maybe there's a hot angel babe he was trying to impress.

No, it was for calendars and to be able to later flood the earth in a massive genocide.

That's the "actual" reason why.

25-01-2014, 12:42 AM
(25-01-2014 12:18 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  No, it was for calendars and to be able to later flood the earth in a massive genocide.

That's the "actual" reason why.

...well, you have to admit, calendars *are* pretty awesome.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
25-01-2014, 01:15 AM
(24-01-2014 11:57 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 10:59 PM)natachan Wrote:  How is this relevant to the universe?

Because the whole vastness of the immense cosmos was created so we could know when it was going to get colder or warmer soon, and so that we know when random meaningless holidays should happen based on arbitrary cyclical pattern.

That's why...

I thought that passage simply referred to the sun, and thus would not hold any relevance to the stars/galaxies/whatever.
25-01-2014, 02:23 AM
(24-01-2014 05:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Why do you think that God cares only about this earth?

well he definitely doesn't care for those planets orbiting pulsar gamma emitting beams.
Life forms then the gamma rays sterilize everything in the local galactic quadrant.

Eh...wouldn't like to be anywhere near a black hole....or one of those Red Giants.

..and as for our Earth, who says God cares for it - wiped out 99% of species which existed. WHat was he thinking when 512,000 km3 of basalt was spewed out forming the Deccan traps ? Throwing a few Asteroids for fun ? Was He bored and just wanted to play His "Earth Simulation" video game. "press fire" "press fire" "press fire" "kill all the kiddies with malaria"

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]