The rest of the universe
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
25-01-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: The rest of the universe
(25-01-2014 09:08 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 09:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You misunderstand, Chas. Paul's writings were obviously mistranslated; Alla was able to figure out what he actually meant so say using her Holy Ghost Translator. Drinking Beverage

What is a "Holy Ghost Translator", and where can I download one? Consider

You can download it from the northbound end of a southbound bovine.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 09:46 PM
(25-01-2014 09:35 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 09:16 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Because one heaven wasn't good enough for Joseph Smith!

Mormons believe in the top level is basically for the best most holy and righteous people. True believers and followers of Christ, and good practicing Mormons.

Second level is for the good, but who failed to live up to the standards of "God's laws", and expectations. But because they are still good people they just don't go to the HEAVEN heaven.

The bottom level is for evil people and those who reject and blaspheme against "God". So they don't really have a Hell. The lowest tier heaven is kind of their equivalent.

So it's kind of like like moving to a new town and either moving into the mansion on the beach with no cares or worries in the world. Or a comfortable yet small home in an average to midland suburb with some decent neighbors, and some really shitty annoying one and where you still have to struggle to get by in life. Or the last home, crashing on the couch of some shitty asshole you hate, while living in a crime infested ghetto.

Interesting fact! Adolf Hitler will not be in the lowest level of heaven with the rest of us, because the Mormon's posthumously baptized him after his death. He should get to at least go to the middle heaven, with Anne Frank, who they also posthumously baptized. So Hitler and Anne Frank in middle heaven together, thanks to the Mormons.

I know along with Pope John Paul II, Ghandi, and Joan of Arc. Drinking Beverage

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
26-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Quote:Alla wrote:
OK. I read that God created heaven and earth and then all kind of things in heaven and earth. But where does it say that He created everything?
Did He say that He created material from which He organized all those things?
Did He say how big heaven is? Bible mentions three heavens? So, how big is one heaven ACCORDING to the Bible? Is it absolutely all infinite space ACCORDING to the Bible?

From Isaiah 45:5
Quote: אֲנִי יְהוָה וְאֵין עוֹד, זוּלָתִי אֵין אֱלֹהִים; אֲאַזֶּרְךָ, וְלֹא יְדַעְתָּנִי. 5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, beside Me there is no God; I have girded thee, though thou hast not known Me;
ו לְמַעַן יֵדְעוּ, מִמִּזְרַח-שֶׁמֶשׁ וּמִמַּעֲרָבָה, כִּי-אֶפֶס, בִּלְעָדָי: אֲנִי יְהוָה, וְאֵין עוֹד. 6
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me; I am the LORD; and there is none else;
ז יוֹצֵר אוֹר וּבוֹרֵא חֹשֶׁךְ, עֹשֶׂה שָׁלוֹם וּבוֹרֵא רָע; אֲנִי יְהוָה, עֹשֶׂה כָל-אֵלֶּה. {פ} 7
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things. {P}

These verses assume creation Ex-Nihilo i.e creation by God from nothing including evils or any pre-formed materials prior to our universe.

Quote:Did He say that He created material from which He organized all those things?
Ideas about God using previous materials to form our current universe IS a legitimate question and has been disputed during the scholastic traditions BUT most scholars/theologians/clergy of the biblical traditions both in Judaism & Christianity REJECT THESE ideas as incorporated from outside the bible & faith traditions.

To be more technical the Gnostics believed in a demiurge god who "forms the world" from a pre-existing state and the Greek philosophers rejected Ex-Nihilo creation as incoherent and irrational (famously in Aristotle) - the biblical faith traditions tried to reconcile these problems and used biblical verses to deny the philosophers and rational reasons why Ex-Nihilo creation is nonsensical.
Eg if there was pre-existing material then this is "something other than God" You have God + pre-existing materials" .Isaiah 45:5 clears this up - there is nothing else.

By the way - Isaiah 45:5 is also a powerful verse for denying Christianity because God has no partners, no son, no ghosts - Just God (YHWH) nothing else.
The verse is accepted by Islam and Jews as a primary source showing Christianity picked up local trinity traditions from pagans - the verses are very clear on this.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
26-01-2014, 04:32 AM
(25-01-2014 06:21 PM)anidominus Wrote:  He's God, he likes to accessorize.

One of the dumbest things I've heard a scientist say on Ancient Aliens is...

"What does God need with a space ship?"

my reply, "He doesn't... but he's f-ing God he can travel how ever the hell he wants."

Since God didn't need a space ship, the scientist reached an illogical conclusion that God wouldn't use one. This is a mistake people often make. What would you do if you could do whatever you wanted? There are some people who own 40 cars when they can only drive 1 at a time.

This is also one of the ways you can perhaps detect a fraudulent god. A fraudulent god will never "think" any differently than the people who created him.

They way you describe God is someone who is not omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent (all knowing, everywhere and all powerful). You seem to believe in a God with physical limitations who would actually make use of a space ship.

I suppose the closest analogy would be someone like Q from Star Trek who can take physical form. You also seem to describe other gods as existing and being like other Q's but not as powerful, I suppose like Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg's character) who is a less powerful threat to Q.

Can I suggest that your world view isn't particularly consistent with your fellow Christians (assuming you are one) ?

P.S the crew of the Enterprise and Voyager still don't actually worship Q ...