The resurrection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2017 05:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: The resurrection
(22-02-2017 03:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jews at the time did not "take off" to anywhere, least of all India. Facepalm

Wait, I thought that HouseofCantor (er, I mean John the Baptist) was one of them ascetic Essene Jews just wandering about aimlessly consorting with the random Buddhist wandering aimlessly about in the desert. I thought that's what explained the immediate and obvious parallels between the stories and lessons and parables of Jesus and Gutma. No?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-02-2017, 05:10 PM
(22-02-2017 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 12:27 PM)kim Wrote:  Well... BTW I am speculating from personal research ...

One could say it is apparent in his writings that Paul resented women in general - he gets pretty shitty about it. Such resentments could stem from the understanding that he was a bastard and he blamed his mother for this. Paul's mother was Jewish and his father was most likely a Roman of some status. He possibly harbored a smidgen of self-hatred ... his struggles we're most likely internal, as are most people's. Shy

I believe that Paul is misunderstood by many. But it is not their fault. I will answer as LDS. We believe that books of the Bible are not complete, contain errors and this is why they can be easily misunderstood. The Bible can be very confusing.

He was gay.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2017, 05:11 PM
(22-02-2017 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 03:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jews at the time did not "take off" to anywhere, least of all India. Facepalm

Wait, I thought that HouseofCantor (er, I mean John the Baptist) was one of them ascetic Essene Jews just wandering about aimlessly consorting with the random Buddhist. I thought that's what explained the immediate and obvious parallels between the stories and lessons and parables of Jesus and Guatuama. No?

The exception proves the rule. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-02-2017, 05:14 PM
(22-02-2017 03:48 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Yes, but an interesting perspective nonetheless, even if it is ...well,.... Crackers. Big Grin

[Image: 170227_a20483-690.jpg]

Caption : But I want a career, a family AND a cracker.

22-02-2017, 05:17 PM
(22-02-2017 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that Paul is misunderstood by many. But it is not their fault. I will answer as LDS. We believe that books of the Bible are not complete, contain errors and this is why they can be easily misunderstood. The Bible can be very confusing.

He was gay.

cough cough Catholic schoolgirl dress, shaved legs, bagpipes cough cough

#sigh
22-02-2017, 05:19 PM
(22-02-2017 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will answer as LDS. We believe that books of the Bible are not complete, contain errors and this is why they can be easily misunderstood.

To include the Book of Mormon, yes?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-02-2017, 05:35 PM
(22-02-2017 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that Paul is misunderstood by many. But it is not their fault. I will answer as LDS. We believe that books of the Bible are not complete, contain errors and this is why they can be easily misunderstood. The Bible can be very confusing.

He was gay.

Oh, you Boo. Heart You think everyone's gay. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-02-2017, 05:39 PM
(22-02-2017 05:35 PM)kim Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He was gay.

Oh, you Boo. Heart You think everyone's gay. Shy

Not really. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a book about it.
Angel

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2017, 05:49 PM
(22-02-2017 04:45 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 04:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, I am not. If I was I would be able to understand their struggles. I wish I could.

Well, I am transgender, though I am not confused. While it's not possible for me to convey exactly what it is to be trans, maybe this will help some (despite the obvious flaws in the example):

Let's say you are a woman. You are YOU. You have always been all your life. That's been your life as you know. Tomorrow morning, though, you wake up like with no knowledge of your past except that you've always been a woman, but your body has all men's features- including the bits that might horrify you- and missing the features that you're used to. Worse yet, everywhere you go, people are calling you "sir" and "man" and "dude", and the make fun of you any time you say or do something considered feminine and not masculine.

This goes on for years with no apparent way to address it, but the weight of all these things is building on you. You don't know the answer, the way to fix it, you just know it's wrong.

One day, it hits you. You're a girl, you know you're a girl, and there's a way to try to change your outside to match your inside. It's not a pretty way. It's messy, and lengthy, and dangerous. It will take YEARS to accomplish. And people will know for a while that you're doing it- because it will be obvious that you look weird. People you've grown to know and love might suddenly reject you. It's risky. Some people might react violently- but you know that if you don't, your depression will continue to grow and grow, and build and build until... Maybe you've already tried to end yourself just to make it stop, but NOW you have answers- you know that there might be a way and you're taking steps to fix it. Now there's hope, so you do it. You take those first steps, despite the risk. Despite the embarrassment and the shame that you feel. The shame that is put on you by a society that not only doesn't understand, but doesn't want to. Probably never can, but they don't even try. But you have to do it.

You aren't "confused". You know the answer, but to everyone else looking at you, you look like a confused freak. It's easy for them to say you're confused, but you have known for years who you are.

Anyway, I hope this helps. It's not meant to be combative. Best wishes! Smile

Hey there Ms Emma K ...
I've seen you around lately and been meaning to tell you how I've missed your posts. It's good to see you're still the same compassionate and intelligent member from the way-back-weird times. Wink

It appears you have claimed a whole lot more of your self.
Good. It suits you. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-02-2017, 08:26 AM
(22-02-2017 05:49 PM)kim Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 04:45 PM)Emma Wrote:  Well, I am transgender, though I am not confused. While it's not possible for me to convey exactly what it is to be trans, maybe this will help some (despite the obvious flaws in the example):

Let's say you are a woman. You are YOU. You have always been all your life. That's been your life as you know. Tomorrow morning, though, you wake up like with no knowledge of your past except that you've always been a woman, but your body has all men's features- including the bits that might horrify you- and missing the features that you're used to. Worse yet, everywhere you go, people are calling you "sir" and "man" and "dude", and the make fun of you any time you say or do something considered feminine and not masculine.

This goes on for years with no apparent way to address it, but the weight of all these things is building on you. You don't know the answer, the way to fix it, you just know it's wrong.

One day, it hits you. You're a girl, you know you're a girl, and there's a way to try to change your outside to match your inside. It's not a pretty way. It's messy, and lengthy, and dangerous. It will take YEARS to accomplish. And people will know for a while that you're doing it- because it will be obvious that you look weird. People you've grown to know and love might suddenly reject you. It's risky. Some people might react violently- but you know that if you don't, your depression will continue to grow and grow, and build and build until... Maybe you've already tried to end yourself just to make it stop, but NOW you have answers- you know that there might be a way and you're taking steps to fix it. Now there's hope, so you do it. You take those first steps, despite the risk. Despite the embarrassment and the shame that you feel. The shame that is put on you by a society that not only doesn't understand, but doesn't want to. Probably never can, but they don't even try. But you have to do it.

You aren't "confused". You know the answer, but to everyone else looking at you, you look like a confused freak. It's easy for them to say you're confused, but you have known for years who you are.

Anyway, I hope this helps. It's not meant to be combative. Best wishes! Smile

Hey there Ms Emma K ...
I've seen you around lately and been meaning to tell you how I've missed your posts. It's good to see you're still the same compassionate and intelligent member from the way-back-weird times. Wink

It appears you have claimed a whole lot more of your self.
Good. It suits you. Shy

Awww Kim! Thank you! Big Grin Hug

It's good to be back, and I'm so much happier a person now!
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post