The right to NOT say the Pledge of Allegiance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: The right to NOT say the Pledge of Allegiance
Even, you beat me to the Onion clip... love that one.

It's a religious ritual, plain and simple. And forcing children to say a prayer to a colored rag is as destructive and abusive as forcing them to say a prayer to an invisible deity. And like other religious rituals, it is inflicted on children for a very good reason. The same reason.

The bottom line is that if the state is so virtuous as it would have us believe, people would honor it without being brainwashed into it as helpless children. The people over a Chrysler didn't have to indoctrinate me as a child to get me to buy their cars and trucks as an adult... I buy them because I find value in them. My wife doesn't make me recite a prayer to her every day.... I love her because she is virtuous, so I don't need a constant reminder of that which I already know.

The most ironic thing about this forcing of children to pray to a colored flag that purports to stand for freedom is that they are forced to do so in a prison like building where they are segregated by age, to which their parents must take them daily or else face being thrown in a cage. Of course, parents can beg permission of the state to have their children educated elsewhere but they cannot choose not to fund these indoctrination camps.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2013, 11:58 PM

TREASON: a poem
TREASON Huh
The Thinking Atheist

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist

Appropriate language, too.

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist.com

cheapthrillseaker
FSM_scot
kingschosen
Filox
aurora, kim, Seth
DeepThought

Sucks to be you.

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist

Oh...you don't like this word

associated with you? No

In this day and age,

it makes you nervous. Confused

Well you allow it?

Maybe you support it?

Maybe you built

this platform to encourage it?

I just thought you all should get used

to the word--post-pressure-cooker Boston Marathon bombing

and all.

Here let me spell it

cuz some

people think it only

applies

to

the Civil War.

TREASON

Well it used to.

Before 9/11

Before Fort Hood

Before Boston

It used to.

Sure is good to have negative rep

TREASON

18 USC Sec. 2381 01/03/2012 (112-90)

-EXPCITE-
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES

-HEAD-
Sec. 2381. Treason

-STATUTE-
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war
against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and
comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason
and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five
years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and
shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

I love the United States,

and those who hate it--

I have no sympathy for

you

or the whores that had you.
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: TREASON: a poem
(06-06-2013 11:58 PM)Egor Wrote:  TREASON Huh
The Thinking Atheist

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist

Appropriate language, too.

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist.com

FSM_Scott
Hughsie
KingsChosen
et al

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist

TREASON

The Thinking Atheist

Oh...you don't like this word associated with you? No

In this day and age, it makes you nervous. Confused

Well you allow it? Maybe you support it? Maybe you built this platform to encourage it?

Maybe not. But better safe than sorry, right?

I just thought you all should get used to the word--post-pressure-cooker Boston Marathon bombing and all.

Here let me say it again, cuz some people think it only applies to the Civil War.

TREASON

Well it used to.

Before 9/11

Before Fort Hood

Before Boston

It used to. Laughat

Sure is good to have negative rep in times like these

TREASON

SHAME! I don't care what point you have to make egor, shame upon you. You are a sick fuck and shame on you. Pick on me, pick on anyone here. Don't fucking say a goddamn thing about innocent people dead you sick fuck.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:SHAME! I don't care what point you have to make egor, shame upon you. You are a sick fuck and shame on you. Pick on me, pick on anyone here. Don't fucking say a goddamn thing about innocent people dead you sick fuck.

Fuck you.
07-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Shocking

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-06-2013, 12:51 AM
(07-06-2013 12:46 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:SHAME! I don't care what point you have to make egor, shame upon you. You are a sick fuck and shame on you. Pick on me, pick on anyone here. Don't fucking say a goddamn thing about innocent people dead you sick fuck.

Fuck you.

Not without dinner first, you simple fuck.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
07-06-2013, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 01:01 AM by evenheathen.)
.Tongue..
07-06-2013, 01:12 AM

You say you don't believe in God. I can tolerate that, but I knew it was only the tip of the iceberg. I said you were a societal problem, and I forced myself to change my mind and then this: A post pissing on the U.S.

I said it all along you had no moral foundation. And here it is, and of course it makes sense and I feel like a fool for even listening to your counter-arguments. Well, shit, if you don't believe in God why would you believe in your country? If we're all just matter, what difference do systems of government make? Why care about freedom?

I hope they root you out. I hope they track you down. I hope you are hunted by the FBI like the vermin you are, and I always knew you were.

Anyone who trusts an atheist is a fool.
07-06-2013, 01:25 AM
(07-06-2013 01:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  You say you don't believe in God. I can tolerate that, but I knew it was only the tip of the iceberg. I said you were a societal problem, and I forced myself to change my mind and then this: A post pissing on the U.S.

I said it all along you had no moral foundation. And here it is, and of course it makes sense and I feel like a fool for even listening to your counter-arguments. Well, shit, if you don't believe in God why would you believe in your country? If we're all just matter, what difference do systems of government make? Why care about freedom?

I hope they root you out. I hope they track you down. I hope you are hunted by the FBI like the vermin you are, and I always knew you were.

Anyone who trusts an atheist is a fool.

I don't think I need to say anything, just read his post.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-06-2013, 02:17 AM
(06-06-2013 11:58 PM)Egor Wrote:  The Thinking Atheist.com

cheapthrillseaker
FSM_scot
kingschosen
Filox
aurora, kim, Seth
DeepThought

Sucks to be you.

Aww, I wish I was a part of your hitlist too Egor.

[Image: 9f6.gif]