The sanctity of life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: The sanctity of life
(04-03-2016 05:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 03:23 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Both. Not all life is precious to me. Do I give a damn about ticks? No way even though deep down I am sure they fill some essential part of the ecosystem or perhaps they are simply a parasite whose absence wouldn't impact another species. Plants? no feelings whatsoever for them other than recognition that they are important to life on the planet and the role they play.
and
Not all life is equally precious as I explained earlier. I feel bad about the bird that hit my window and died but I won't reflect on it after I've disposed of it. To take it further, a child somewhere on earth died while I wrote this post. The family is probably heartbroken but to me not sacred and not precious. If I had the power to stop it, sure I would, but I can't. Only "god" can and we all know their track record.

Far as I can tell there is nothing in the eco system that doesn't play some role. But that's besides the point.

I had bedbugs for two years. Those fuckers serve no purpose other than to suck your blood, keep you awake, and haunt the dreams of what little sleep you get (like vampires).

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
04-03-2016, 05:40 PM
(04-03-2016 05:30 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 05:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  Far as I can tell there is nothing in the eco system that doesn't play some role. But that's besides the point.

I had bedbugs for two years. Those fuckers serve no purpose other than to suck your blood, keep you awake, and haunt the dreams of what little sleep you get (like vampires).

Probably they help feed the many bacteria crawling on your skin and in your bed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Quote:Life is sacred.

Says who?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
04-03-2016, 07:17 PM
(04-03-2016 06:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Life is sacred.

Says who?

Lots of people.

What do you say?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Life is cheap.

[Image: GuadMatanikauDeadJapanese]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-03-2016, 07:12 AM
I don't think that life is sacred, quite the contrary, it's cheap. Every time someone is murdered for few bucks, "wrong" race or thanks to some other trivial reason sanctity of life looks even more idiotic than it already is.

But what really infuriate me is cruel idea of making one to live even when one life is nothing more than suffering. I have nothing but contempt for people opposing euthanasia, contempt for their cruelty and arrogance.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-03-2016, 07:43 AM
I have seen so many people die over the 18 months I have been on chemo and the 10 months in hospital, there s no such thing as the sanctity of life. You live. Then you die, There is nothing sanctified about it.

Death is ugly and it is finite. If you are of the opinion it is otherwise you are a childish fool who refuses to face the cold reality.

Death is the end of your life. Get over it. Show some courage. Weakling pissant.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Death is not always ugly. I have seen peaceful and liberating deaths. It depends on circumstance and how the dying person feels about it.