The scariest part about "Christian Fundamentalism"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: The scariest part about "Christian Fundamentalism"
(26-04-2016 10:26 AM)The Drake Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 05:09 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Not that I know of. But that doesn't stop them from using the argument ad infinitum. I guess that they think, if you tell a lie a certain number of times, it becomes truth.

Even then, the way most people understand a vacuum is incorrect. I often hear people use the term "the vacuum of space...space...pace...ace...ce" Sorry, just had to do that. The space beyond our own atmosphere is only a vacuum in the sense of the pressure differential. A being in this universe could not produce a "true vacuum" because there are always energies working against it.

In other words...they (the fundies) have absolutely no idea what thy're talking about when it comes to thermodynamics.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2016, 10:45 AM
(26-04-2016 10:33 AM)The Drake Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 10:26 AM)The Drake Wrote:  Even then, the way most people understand a vacuum is incorrect. I often hear people use the term "the vacuum of space...space...pace...ace...ce" Sorry, just had to do that. The space beyond our own atmosphere is only a vacuum in the sense of the pressure differential. A being in this universe could not produce a "true vacuum" because there are always energies working against it.

In other words...they (the fundies) have absolutely no idea what thy're talking about when it comes to thermodynamics.

Do the fundies ever know what they are talking about when it comes to science? One mention of science facts and their eyes glaze over. They get that 1000 yard stare like dogs hearing the high pitched whine of a dog whistle.
26-04-2016, 10:57 AM
(26-04-2016 10:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 10:33 AM)The Drake Wrote:  In other words...they (the fundies) have absolutely no idea what thy're talking about when it comes to thermodynamics.

Do the fundies ever know what they are talking about when it comes to science? One mention of science facts and their eyes glaze over. They get that 1000 yard stare like dogs hearing the high pitched whine of a dog whistle.

Sadly no. And it's been shown again and again that not even mountains of evidence will change their minds. A huge part of the reason we rate 14th in education.

26-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Chili cheese Fritos. A grand experience to be certain. Are they made by "GOD". My dog doesn't care.