The scariest part about "Christian Fundamentalism"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: The scariest part about "Christian Fundamentalism"
(28-04-2015 04:42 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  For # 55, OK my friend think positive not to see Who is wrong but to see who is right. Just playing. I may be my interpretation but it fits. If energy can't be created nor destroyed then it stands to reason that energy doesn't have a beginning nor a ending. I'm I not correct in saying this. If it's correct then over 2000 years ago Jesus Christ stated that He is the Alfa and the Omega, the beginning and the ending. Rev.1:8 which to me means He can't be destroyed nor created because He has no beginning nor ending, which to me is the same nature as energy. How can anyone make a claim like that. Unless He understands the nature of energy. I'm I off in the left field with this thinking.

You said "2000 thousand years ago a God stated He was the Alfa and the Omega the beginning and the Ending. The same character and nature of energy. How can a False God make such a statement. No one understood the nature of energy at that time."

I read that to mean that you were saying that the god stated that he was "the same character and nature of energy" because of your last statement implying that whoever said it understood the nature of energy and was making a direct comparison. I'm guessing now that you are the one making that interpretation but it is hard to tell because your writing is often very difficult to parse.

Somebody wrote that the god was "the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end" or words to that effect. I see no reason to assume that anybody at the time had to understand that mass/energy can't be created or destroyed in order to make that statement. It is just a bit of poetry to describe what they thought a god had to be; something that created everything and would eventually destroy everything. Your comparing it to our current understanding of energy is a form of presentism. Theists do this often -- they take something vague in the bible and say that it can be read to sort of match something science discovers and claim that means that the bible shows advanced knowledge. It's just nonsense. If a real god wanted to demonstrate a knowledge of energy it would be a lot clearer than "I am the alpha and the omega".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2015, 06:04 PM
(28-04-2015 05:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 04:42 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  For # 55, OK my friend think positive not to see Who is wrong but to see who is right. Just playing. I may be my interpretation but it fits. If energy can't be created nor destroyed then it stands to reason that energy doesn't have a beginning nor a ending. I'm I not correct in saying this. If it's correct then over 2000 years ago Jesus Christ stated that He is the Alfa and the Omega, the beginning and the ending. Rev.1:8 which to me means He can't be destroyed nor created because He has no beginning nor ending, which to me is the same nature as energy. How can anyone make a claim like that. Unless He understands the nature of energy. I'm I off in the left field with this thinking.

You said "2000 thousand years ago a God stated He was the Alfa and the Omega the beginning and the Ending. The same character and nature of energy. How can a False God make such a statement. No one understood the nature of energy at that time."

I read that to mean that you were saying that the god stated that he was "the same character and nature of energy" because of your last statement implying that whoever said it understood the nature of energy and was making a direct comparison. I'm guessing now that you are the one making that interpretation but it is hard to tell because your writing is often very difficult to parse.

Somebody wrote that the god was "the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end" or words to that effect. I see no reason to assume that anybody at the time had to understand that mass/energy can't be created or destroyed in order to make that statement. It is just a bit of poetry to describe what they thought a god had to be; something that created everything and would eventually destroy everything. Your comparing it to our current understanding of energy is a form of presentism. Theists do this often -- they take something vague in the bible and say that it can be read to sort of match something science discovers and claim that means that the bible shows advanced knowledge. It's just nonsense. If a real god wanted to demonstrate a knowledge of energy it would be a lot clearer than "I am the alpha and the omega".

In other words..."BULLSHIT".

Did I say thaaaaaaaaaaat ?

The second mouse gets the cheese.
28-04-2015, 06:21 PM
What I observed about Christian Fundamentalism - or any fundamentalist movement for that matter - is that no matter what happens in the world they will see confirmation bias. More news reports about bad weather? Armageddon's coming. Seeing the world hunger and strife diminish? It's the calm before the time of the tribulation. Observing more people become passive Christians and/or people walking away from their faith? Confirmation that the "great falling away" is upon us and that Armageddon is coming. Regardless of what happens, they are "correct".

So while many may be worried about that great big event, perhaps the most sinister thing that fundies can do to America is to retard the educational growth of the citizenry. When you have 40% of the population who STILL questions whether evolution is correct and/or inhibits people from learning about the world because "the world belongs to Satan"...
03-05-2015, 06:15 PM
(28-04-2015 06:21 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  What I observed about Christian Fundamentalism - or any fundamentalist movement for that matter - is that no matter what happens in the world they will see confirmation bias. More news reports about bad weather? Armageddon's coming. Seeing the world hunger and strife diminish? It's the calm before the time of the tribulation. Observing more people become passive Christians and/or people walking away from their faith? Confirmation that the "great falling away" is upon us and that Armageddon is coming. Regardless of what happens, they are "correct".

So while many may be worried about that great big event, perhaps the most sinister thing that fundies can do to America is to retard the educational growth of the citizenry. When you have 40% of the population who STILL questions whether evolution is correct and/or inhibits people from learning about the world because "the world belongs to Satan"...

Kind of like a Biology degree from "Liberty U".

03-05-2015, 06:17 PM
(03-05-2015 06:15 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 06:21 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  What I observed about Christian Fundamentalism - or any fundamentalist movement for that matter - is that no matter what happens in the world they will see confirmation bias. More news reports about bad weather? Armageddon's coming. Seeing the world hunger and strife diminish? It's the calm before the time of the tribulation. Observing more people become passive Christians and/or people walking away from their faith? Confirmation that the "great falling away" is upon us and that Armageddon is coming. Regardless of what happens, they are "correct".

Kind of like a Biology degree from "Liberty U".

Or geology.

03-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem that our theist invaders are getting dumber?
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
04-05-2015, 01:14 AM
(26-04-2015 03:31 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  But if America gets Bachmann or Santorum or Cruz watch out !

What? Wha, no no no no. Wha?
[Image: 711022.gif]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
04-05-2015, 02:21 AM
(04-05-2015 01:14 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 03:31 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  But if America gets Bachmann or Santorum or Cruz watch out !

Not going to happen, as those three are all too fucking fringe crazy to win a general election, especially after trying to out-crazy one another even further in an effort to win the primaries. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-05-2015, 04:30 PM
(04-05-2015 01:14 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Had I read this a couple of months ago I would have said that maybe Dean goes all "Mark of Cain" on their asses, but "NO"...everyone was too worried about the franken"STIEN'S".

26-05-2015, 04:34 PM
(03-05-2015 11:28 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Is it just me, or does it seem that our theist invaders are getting dumber?

Who are these "invaders".