The scariest part about "Christian Fundamentalism"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: The scariest part about "Christian Fundamentalism"
(26-05-2015 04:34 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 11:28 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Is it just me, or does it seem that our theist invaders are getting dumber?

Who are these "invaders" ?

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2015, 06:56 PM
(28-04-2015 05:43 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  My wife told me that before we were married she was at a church and they prayed for her to heal. She had a wound on her arm. As they prayed the wound disappeared in front of her face. I've never known her to make up stories like that. Let's say it's not God. Then give me something that explains what happened.

Have a listen:

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-03-2016, 08:06 AM
(28-04-2015 06:04 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 05:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You said "2000 thousand years ago a God stated He was the Alfa and the Omega the beginning and the Ending. The same character and nature of energy. How can a False God make such a statement. No one understood the nature of energy at that time."

I read that to mean that you were saying that the god stated that he was "the same character and nature of energy" because of your last statement implying that whoever said it understood the nature of energy and was making a direct comparison. I'm guessing now that you are the one making that interpretation but it is hard to tell because your writing is often very difficult to parse.

Somebody wrote that the god was "the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end" or words to that effect. I see no reason to assume that anybody at the time had to understand that mass/energy can't be created or destroyed in order to make that statement. It is just a bit of poetry to describe what they thought a god had to be; something that created everything and would eventually destroy everything. Your comparing it to our current understanding of energy is a form of presentism. Theists do this often -- they take something vague in the bible and say that it can be read to sort of match something science discovers and claim that means that the bible shows advanced knowledge. It's just nonsense. If a real god wanted to demonstrate a knowledge of energy it would be a lot clearer than "I am the alpha and the omega".

In other words..."BULLSHIT".

Did I say thaaaaaaaaaaat ?
Hello, I'm back (James Aaron Balladarez) to learn from you all. I'm still a rufneak from the Kern County oil field's, production and drilling rigs. So I'm back to get some more ass whipping and I'm ready for some more tuff love. I'm still above ground from the last time so I'm sure I'll be OK this time around. I believe religion and science are the same in regards to seeking truth, no matter how we may interpret things.

Like our big brother Jesus the Christ said over 2000 yrs ago that He is the Truth and bla bla other stuff. That means so are we. Truth has to do with existing we are. Truth has to do with fact, again it's a fact we're here. Truth has to do with attributes like fedility, which we can transform into. Truth has to do with conformity to reality which we have the potential to do so. 2+2.01 does not equal 4, My point is:

"Sow a thought,
Reap an act,
Sow an act,
Reap a habit,
Sow a habit,
Reap an eternal destiny".

Truth is our vitamin, nourishment substance or system to be in tune and hormony with all the different laws of nature.

Truth was, is and will always be.

Ref. Albert Einstein, "can't create nor destroy energy" /electromagnetic /intelligence /spirit (mood/essential quality) whatever you feel comfortable calling it.

Chin up, let's not be tender foots, let's stay above par.
12-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Interesting that you mention Einstein, I've just read the excellent biography by Walter Isaacson. One of the interesting things about him was that he explicitly identified himself as not being an atheist, but likewise refused to claim allegiance to any religion, including Christianity. His attitude to religion did change throughout his life, but he was fairly definite that the idea of a personal God was totally foreign to him. His idea of a God, so far as he expressed it, was found in the orderliness of the universe.

Also the thought that you attribute to him - I think the attribution is incorrect. Can you supply an actual quote?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-03-2016, 01:21 PM
(12-03-2016 08:06 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  Like our big brother Jesus the Christ said over 2000 yrs ago that He is the Truth and bla bla other stuff. That means so are we. Truth has to do with existing we are. Truth has to do with fact, again it's a fact we're here. Truth has to do with attributes like fedility, which we can transform into. Truth has to do with conformity to reality which we have the potential to do so. 2+2.01 does not equal 4, My point is:

"Sow a thought,
Reap an act,
Sow an act,
Reap a habit,
Sow a habit,

Truth is our vitamin, nourishment substance or system to be in tune and hormony with all the different laws of nature.

Ref. Albert Einstein, "can't create nor destroy energy" /electromagnetic /intelligence /spirit (mood/essential quality) whatever you feel comfortable calling it.

Well, I must applaud your skills as a chef, if nothing else. That is some truly impressive word salad.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 7 users Like Unbeliever's post
12-03-2016, 01:32 PM
(12-03-2016 08:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  Interesting that you mention Einstein, I've just read the excellent biography by Walter Isaacson. One of the interesting things about him was that he explicitly identified himself as not being an atheist, but likewise refused to claim allegiance to any religion, including Christianity. His attitude to religion did change throughout his life, but he was fairly definite that the idea of a personal God was totally foreign to him. His idea of a God, so far as he expressed it, was found in the orderliness of the universe.

Also the thought that you attribute to him - I think the attribution is incorrect. Can you supply an actual quote?

The attribution is incorrect. Rudolf Clausius seems to be the first one to formulate it in the way we state it.

"In all cases in which work is produced by the agency of heat, a quantity of heat is consumed which is proportional to the work done; and conversely, by the expenditure of an equal quantity of work an equal quantity of heat is produced."

"In a thermodynamic process involving a closed system, the increment in the internal energy is equal to the difference between the heat accumulated by the system and the work done by it."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-03-2016, 02:06 PM
(12-03-2016 08:06 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 06:04 PM)The Drake Wrote:  In other words..."BULLSHIT".

Did I say thaaaaaaaaaaat ?
Hello, I'm back (James Aaron Balladarez) to learn from you all. I'm still a rufneak from the Kern County oil field's, production and drilling rigs. So I'm back to get some more ass whipping and I'm ready for some more tuff love. I'm still above ground from the last time so I'm sure I'll be OK this time around. I believe religion and science are the same in regards to seeking truth, no matter how we may interpret things.

Like our big brother Jesus the Christ said over 2000 yrs ago that He is the Truth and bla bla other stuff. That means so are we. Truth has to do with existing we are. Truth has to do with fact, again it's a fact we're here. Truth has to do with attributes like fedility, which we can transform into. Truth has to do with conformity to reality which we have the potential to do so. 2+2.01 does not equal 4, My point is:

"Sow a thought,
Reap an act,
Sow an act,
Reap a habit,
Sow a habit,

.... meth is a hell of a drug.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
14-03-2016, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2016 12:44 PM by SitaSky.)
(26-04-2015 03:22 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Answer=It's not much different than Muslim extremism. They both see this "GRAND BATTLE" coming, and most of them would do whatever they could to make sure it happens.

I agree they are very similar as much as they try to act like they hate each other, it's the same God in the end and the same Rapture/Armageddon. I find it disturbing when I debate a Christian online and at first they can be totally reasonable but then all of sudden they say "Well you know Christ is coming back right? He'll just leave you behind to die horribly so you better get on board now." Because, an all loving, all merciful being would totally do something like that. I hate feeling like a hostage or a mind slave, "you better do as I say or die!" Nope, I'd rather make my own choices, thank you.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
14-03-2016, 01:30 PM
In case anyone hasn't seen this yet:

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
14-03-2016, 02:28 PM
(28-04-2015 05:43 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  My wife told me that before we were married she was at a church and they prayed for her to heal. She had a wound on her arm. As they prayed the wound disappeared in front of her face. I've never known her to make up stories like that. Let's say it's not God. Then give me something that explains what happened.

That's the problem with christards. They come across something for which there is no current explanation and decide, therefore, that it must be god. Based on what, ffs?

Why can't it be the giant flying spaghetti monster or Leprechauns or the Easter Bunny or Santa Clause? There's as much chance of it being one of those as there is of it being god.

Why, from a christard point of view, do they think that their god is responsible? Because they want it to be their god. That doesn't mean that it is but try convincing a christard of that, especially if they are of the fundamentalist type.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored