The science of falling in love

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
03-03-2014, 07:44 AM
RE: The science of falling in love
(02-03-2014 09:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Indeed they do PrehistoricFreeThinker. Big Grin
ARGH! is this the only thing my country is popular for?

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
03-03-2014, 07:45 AM
(03-03-2014 07:44 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 09:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Indeed they do PrehistoricFreeThinker. Big Grin
ARGH! is this the only thing my country is popular for?

Buddhism?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
03-03-2014, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 08:07 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
(03-03-2014 07:44 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  ARGH! is this the only thing my country is popular for?

No. there is the Khajuraho temple too Tongue
[Image: indie-khajuraho.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-03-2014, 08:06 AM
(03-03-2014 07:36 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Ya but i have to have everything scientifically explained if it can. And if it doesn't i want to ask questions about it and learn and study said unexplained thing.

As I said, one can know and still not maintain that perception on an intimate level. It is still unclear why you want to know more about it.

You have to have everything scientifically explained? Why? Why don't you simply experience it for yourself instead of researching it?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
03-03-2014, 08:28 AM
(03-03-2014 08:06 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 07:36 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Ya but i have to have everything scientifically explained if it can. And if it doesn't i want to ask questions about it and learn and study said unexplained thing.

As I said, one can know and still not maintain that perception on an intimate level. It is still unclear why you want to know more about it.

You have to have everything scientifically explained? Why? Why don't you simply experience it for yourself instead of researching it?

I thought experience was part of researching science. I must have it scientifically explained because i want a deeper understanding of everything. When it comes to biology and geology i just don't want a simple explanation.Cool
03-03-2014, 08:31 AM
(03-03-2014 07:54 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 07:44 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  ARGH! is this the only thing my country is popular for?

No. there is the Khajuraho temple too Tongue

And don't forget call centers. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-03-2014, 08:33 AM
(03-03-2014 08:28 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I thought experience was part of researching science. I must have it scientifically explained because i want a deeper understanding of everything. When it comes to biology and geology i just don't want a simple explanation.Cool

Yes and no. There is a notable difference, PF, between actually going on a date and reading about the chemical fluctuations while on a date -- just as an example. Experiencing love and reading about love should be two very different things. I understand your thirst for knowledge; most people have it. I am simply cautioning you not to view love in such a rigid lens.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
03-03-2014, 08:45 AM
(03-03-2014 08:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 08:28 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I thought experience was part of researching science. I must have it scientifically explained because i want a deeper understanding of everything. When it comes to biology and geology i just don't want a simple explanation.Cool

Yes and no. There is a notable difference, PF, between actually going on a date and reading about the chemical fluctuations while on a date -- just as an example. Experiencing love and reading about love should be two very different things. I understand your thirst for knowledge; most people have it. I am simply cautioning you not to view love in such a rigid lens.

Oh alright man i feel you Cool

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと