The secret to defeating god.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 06:46 AM
RE: The secret to defeating god.
^I always thought that was a line from Diablo. I don't even care: I hated that phasing shrine.

(11-01-2015 06:50 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  
Quote:The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots fitted with iron.
Judges 1:19

Today we have tanks that are even stronger then the ancient iron chariots. So just try to mess with us god and we will drive you back to heaven!

And that will forever be the best plot to any story ever.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 07:47 AM
We can do better than tanks:

[Image: A-10-Thunderbolt-II-16x24_Print-700.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
12-01-2015, 08:07 AM
A-10s rock. I was so sad when we decided to phase them out of service.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
12-01-2015, 11:09 AM
(11-01-2015 06:50 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  Judges 1:19

Today we have tanks that are even stronger then the ancient iron chariots. So just try to mess with us god and we will drive you back to heaven!

You will note that in the older portions of the Old Testament, YHWH used to walk among the people on Earth (in the garden, talking to Moses in person, requiring people to dispose of dung outside of their camp because he walked in it).

Used to. Looks like he's already been driven back to heaven.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
12-01-2015, 11:47 AM
(12-01-2015 11:09 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Used to. Looks like he's already been driven back to heaven.

It must have been the dung. Laugh out load

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
12-01-2015, 12:12 PM
(12-01-2015 11:47 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 11:09 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Used to. Looks like he's already been driven back to heaven.

It must have been the dung. Laugh out load

I have an idea on how to avoid God's wrath by crafting a circle of protection around myself. Instead of powdered silver, I'll be using dung.

I also plan on protecting myself from most human contact, as well.
13-01-2015, 08:48 AM
(12-01-2015 11:09 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

You will note that in the older portions of the Old Testament, YHWH used to walk among the people on Earth (in the garden, talking to Moses in person, requiring people to dispose of dung outside of their camp because he walked in it).

He's not in heaven Robby, he is on Rufus.

[Image: 35aomf.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
13-01-2015, 10:58 AM
(11-01-2015 10:16 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  You won't understand me until you do. You can only be where you are. The trick is to go there. Find where you are and you arrive.

Fond of platitudes, I take it? Yeah, they can make ya feel good if you don't think about them too much.

Did you know that at the end of every rainbow is a pot of gold? The leprechauns keep moving it when you try to approach the end to keep you from finding it. You won't believe this until you do. All you have to do is arrive at the end of the rainbow and you'll be at the end of the rainbow.
13-01-2015, 10:59 AM
(13-01-2015 08:48 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  He's not in heaven Robby, he is on Rufus.

[Image: 35aomf.jpg]

He's actually everywhere at once, which, by definition, means he's on every dog's anus. Voluntarily. Yeah, think about that.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-01-2015, 11:15 AM
(12-01-2015 11:09 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

You might recall YHWH's statement that He would be loathe if He found uncleanness in the military camp. It's just another one of those Laws with a health benefit. Before indoor plumbing, bury your refuse. Sustainability, man!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user