The secret to defeating god.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: The secret to defeating god.
(13-01-2015 10:59 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 08:48 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  He's not in heaven Robby, he is on Rufus.

[Image: 35aomf.jpg]

He's actually everywhere at once, which, by definition, means he's on every dog's anus. Voluntarily. Yeah, think about that.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2015, 12:50 PM
(13-01-2015 10:59 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He's actually everywhere at once
But wasn't he supposed to have left Adam and Eve alone in the garden just after showing them the tree with the delicious looking forbidden fruit.

And then, just after the talking snake and the eating of the apple incident, Low and behold he comes back.

Where are you fella's?
Wotcha bin upto?
Did ya miss me?

Oh, yous fellas bin eat'n da fruit that I said not ta eat.
Owwwwwwwie, you fellas is a bit naughty eh?

Ah well, what fun shall we get up to today?

If the fucker is everywhere, then he can't have left the garden, perhaps he was in disguise. Maybe something slithery to suit his character.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
13-01-2015, 01:00 PM
(13-01-2015 10:59 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He's actually everywhere at once, which, by definition, means he's on every dog's anus. Voluntarily. Yeah, think about that.

And in... Unsure

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
13-01-2015, 01:17 PM
(13-01-2015 11:15 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You might recall YHWH's statement that He would be loathe if He found uncleanness in the military camp. It's just another one of those Laws with a health benefit. Before indoor plumbing, bury your refuse. Sustainability, man!

This is true. A lot of cultures figured out sanitary stuff on their own and made rules about it, too.

I'm super glad other cultures figured out that pork could be eaten if properly cooked, as opposed to just saying "don't eat this ever, guys". Yay bacon! Boo Leviticus!
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-01-2015, 01:19 PM
(13-01-2015 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
If the fucker is everywhere, then he can't have left the garden, perhaps he was in disguise. Maybe something slithery to suit his character.

Two options:

1) God is sandbagging, because mysterious ways.

2) Some or all of the Bible is bullshit.
13-01-2015, 02:54 PM
(13-01-2015 01:19 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  1) God is sandbagging, because mysterious ways.

2) Some or all of the Bible is bullshit.
Is it possible for an all powerful, omnipresent, all knowing god to choose not to be somewhere, to chose not to observe something, to choose not to know something?

If the god is outside of time, and hence knows all events through out time as they have already happened. Then wouldn't this god have been wondering why the future had people dieing and being sick etc (these things that are only supposed to be possible due to "original sin"). Wouldn't he have been motivated to know why?
If he had discovered at some point in time that it was because Adam and Eve had eaten the apple then how was there a point in time that he didn't know. He is supposed to be timeless and unchanging right?
13-01-2015, 03:25 PM
(13-01-2015 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
But wasn't he supposed to have left Adam and Eve alone in the garden just after showing them the tree with the delicious looking forbidden fruit.

And then, just after the talking snake and the eating of the apple incident, Low and behold he comes back.

Where are you fella's?
Wotcha bin upto?
Did ya miss me?

Oh, yous fellas bin eat'n da fruit that I said not ta eat.
Owwwwwwwie, you fellas is a bit naughty eh?

Ah well, what fun shall we get up to today?

Perhaps we are overcomplicating here? This is the pre-incarnate Jesus as no one has "seen the Father, ever" but "God walked in the Garden with Adam and Eve". Jesus is in a fellowship with the first people that is shattered by their actions.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2015, 03:26 PM
(13-01-2015 01:17 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 11:15 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You might recall YHWH's statement that He would be loathe if He found uncleanness in the military camp. It's just another one of those Laws with a health benefit. Before indoor plumbing, bury your refuse. Sustainability, man!

This is true. A lot of cultures figured out sanitary stuff on their own and made rules about it, too.

I'm super glad other cultures figured out that pork could be eaten if properly cooked, as opposed to just saying "don't eat this ever, guys". Yay bacon! Boo Leviticus!

You might recall a post of mine where I said something like 2/3 of the 613 laws have direct and indirect health benefits. I find the scriptures extraordinary in their depth and breadth of value to us, today.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
13-01-2015, 03:45 PM
(13-01-2015 03:25 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Perhaps we are overcomplicating here? This is the pre-incarnate Jesus as no one has "seen the Father, ever" but "God walked in the Garden with Adam and Eve". Jesus is in a fellowship with the first people that is shattered by their actions.
Perhaps we ought to focus on the actual words in the bible.
Firstly, it's not Jesus, It's the god that's in the garden.
Secondly the "fellowship" isn't really a fellowship, its a dictatorship and the dictator is easily offended, over controlling and probably insecure.
The god proves that it is not omnipresent, proves that it is bounded by time (cannot see into the future), proved that it does not have total knowledge.
The god sets up a trap (entrapment), throws a hissy fit and promisses to punish all women for all time for the "crimes" committed by Eve.
Gets upset and punishes Adam when it was the god who insisted that Adam take a partner "Eve" who was then to convince Adam to eat the apple.

It would be like a parent introducing their impressionable child to the naughty child living next door. Putting a plate of chocolate chip cookies on the table in a room with the kids, telling them something ridiculous like "you are not to eat these cookies, if you do you will die". Then leaves the room so that the kids know the parent isn't watching. Comes back and acts all surprised and angry that the cookies have been eaten, then dishes out punishment to the two kids, their kids, their kid's kids, their kid's kid's kids etc.

If these myth-stories do it for you then great, happy for you. But they aren't for me, there is only so much nonsense I can take.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
13-01-2015, 05:12 PM
(13-01-2015 03:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 01:17 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  This is true. A lot of cultures figured out sanitary stuff on their own and made rules about it, too.

You might recall a post of mine where I said something like 2/3 of the 613 laws have direct and indirect health benefits. I find the scriptures extraordinary in their depth and breadth of value to us, today.

They are not extraordinary except in their banality or triviality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post