The selfie thread and any of the pictures taken of you thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-06-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: The selfie thread
(02-06-2017 12:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 11:12 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Yeah, but can you refrain from calling young women honey or sugar? (Not that I think you should, mind you. But if you really want to pass as non-Texan ..)

An English/northern English thing to say is "love", like "Thanks love". My accent used to be a bit "common" but over the years I've improved my dialect to an almost BBC standard...yet I often say "ooh cheers love" instead of thank you lol.

Since this is cultural and everyone says it to everyone, this wouldn't bother me. For me, when some random dude calls me honey or baby or sugar, I feel like I'm being talked down to (even if this wasn't their intent).

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
02-06-2017, 09:05 AM
(02-06-2017 08:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  An English/northern English thing to say is "love", like "Thanks love". My accent used to be a bit "common" but over the years I've improved my dialect to an almost BBC standard...yet I often say "ooh cheers love" instead of thank you lol.

Since this is cultural and everyone says it to everyone, this wouldn't bother me. For me, when some random dude calls me honey or baby or sugar, I feel like I'm being talked down to (even if this wasn't their intent).

To me, it feels less charged when a woman says it to me vs when a man does.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
02-06-2017, 09:11 AM
(01-06-2017 11:12 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 04:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Yeah, Cali ruined my Texas drawl. I can, however, speak perfect Businessese nowadays, with nary a "y'all".

I'm in recovery.

Yeah, but can you refrain from calling young women honey or sugar? (Not that I think you should, mind you. But if you really want to pass as non-Texan ..)

I sure can. Twenty years in SoCal will beat that the hell out of you.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-06-2017, 09:23 AM
(02-06-2017 08:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  An English/northern English thing to say is "love", like "Thanks love". My accent used to be a bit "common" but over the years I've improved my dialect to an almost BBC standard...yet I often say "ooh cheers love" instead of thank you lol.

Down here, everyone calls the opposite gender sweetie, hon, etc. They don't in California, so I didn't.

When in Rome ...
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-06-2017, 10:09 AM
(02-06-2017 08:56 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I call my wife "dear", like "yes dear" lol, but that's about it, I tend not to do pet names or anything.

I call my wife "dear" too, but mainly because she doesn't like her name.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
02-06-2017, 10:16 AM
(02-06-2017 10:09 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 08:56 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I call my wife "dear", like "yes dear" lol, but that's about it, I tend not to do pet names or anything.

I call my wife "dear" too, but mainly because she doesn't like her name.

I call my wife "babeh" usually. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
02-06-2017, 10:20 AM
(02-06-2017 10:16 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 10:09 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I call my wife "dear" too, but mainly because she doesn't like her name.

I call my wife "babeh" usually. Smile

In my rship we call each other "sweetie," which I neither like nor hate--but he started calling me it first so I just went with it.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
The selfie thread
Sometimes I call my wife Sugar Tits. I got it from Merle Dixon.
[+] 4 users Like KUSA's post
02-06-2017, 10:36 AM
I call my SO..... wait, I don't have one Weeping

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
02-06-2017, 10:41 AM
The selfie thread
(02-06-2017 10:36 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I call my SO..... wait, I don't have one Weeping

Damned Dog, someone's missing out.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post