The selfie thread and any of the pictures taken of you thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-05-2017, 09:34 AM
RE: The selfie thread
(22-05-2017 09:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  (well, for that and for his intense selfies Wink ) Tongue

Intense? Well, it's not a selfie but if you want intense, check this out...

[Image: vrrajk.jpg]

Sorry for the image quality; it's a printed pic I took another pic of with my phone to get it uploaded here. From left to right of the photo, it's my cellmate, myself, and one of my good friends, Lamar, out on the photo pad by the handball courts on photo day (meaning the prison has an area and an inmate they designate as legally able to take photos that you can pick up from the officers a couple of weeks later, after they approve them to be sure no one is flashing gang signs, etc), after my buddy Lamar braided my long hair into cornrows as a joke. The facial expression is a bit exaggerated, but in truth you had to walk around looking like that, most of the time, just so people wouldn't fuck with you. Lamar, ironically, usually looked mean as hell but decided to make a neutral face for the pic... we never did understand why.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-05-2017, 09:39 AM
(22-05-2017 09:34 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  (well, for that and for his intense selfies Wink ) Tongue

Sorry for the image quality; it's a printed pic I took another pic of with my phone to get it uploaded here. From left to right of the photo, it's my cellmate, myself, and one of my good friends, Lamar, out on the photo pad by the handball courts on photo day (meaning the prison has an area and an inmate they designate as legally able to take photos that you can pick up from the officers a couple of weeks later, after they approve them to be sure no one is flashing gang signs, etc), after my buddy Lamar braided my long hair into cornrows as a joke. The facial expression is a bit exaggerated, but in truth you had to walk around looking like that, most of the time, just so people wouldn't fuck with you. Lamar, ironically, usually looked mean as hell but decided to make a neutral face for the pic... we never did understand why.

I can't imagine having to deal with that. Putting on a mean face, dealing with nothing but angry people all around you 24/7. It has got to be wearing on the "soul", so to speak.
[+] 5 users Like Emma's post
22-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Bloody Hell RS, that's crazy stuff. I personally have never been in prison, but know a fair few who have been.

[If you don't mind me asking, what were you in for? If it's not on the table to be asked, then forget I said anything]

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2017, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 09:59 AM by abaris.)
Obviously not a selfie, but one of the pictures I define myself over, since they remind me of where I came from. Granddad in his Honved uniform (right) on the eve of WWI.

[Image: Scannen0007.jpg]

Granddad in front of his gentlemen outfitter shop in the 20ies (in the door) with his employees.

[Image: Scannen0006.jpg]

And granddad, again on the right on the eve of his life, with the whole family. Minus dad, since he was taking the picture.

[Image: Scannen0002.jpg]

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 11 users Like abaris's post
22-05-2017, 10:04 AM
(22-05-2017 09:34 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Wow, that is intense. I am so sorry you went through all of that, but I'm so glad it's all in the past and you have a wonderful life now Hug
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 10:08 AM
...a bit of a shady character :-)

[Image: IwyjNjL.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 11 users Like Marozz's post
22-05-2017, 10:10 AM
(22-05-2017 10:08 AM)Marozz Wrote:  ...a bit of a shady character :-)

[Image: IwyjNjL.jpg]

I love black and white pics Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 10:46 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Edit: I've decided to take this down. I just keep re-reading it and frowning even more. I'd appreciate it if you could edit yours as well, Jennybee. Sorry. Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-05-2017, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 11:40 AM by jennybee.)
EDITED
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Another picture that has a historical context. During WWII, both my parents families emigrated to Hungary. My father's uncle offered my father a job at his car shop, so he didn't get drafted. My grand uncle was a pretty important supplier, since he ran the Ford representation for Hungary. And here's the irony, he also was supplier of the German army. It's a little known fact that two of the standard trucks of the Wehrmacht were indeed American, produced under license in Germany. Ford and Opel. Opel being a daughter of GM. In this picture you see the employees of my uncle's firm. My father took the picture, so he's not in it. But mind the white bars on the truck's fenders. These were applied because of dimmed headlights, due to air raids. To make them more visible under bad lighting conditions.

[Image: Scannen0026.jpg]

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post