The selfie thread and any of the pictures taken of you thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-05-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: The selfie thread
(22-05-2017 10:11 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Edit: I've decided to take this down. I just keep re-reading it and frowning even more. I'd appreciate it if you could edit yours as well, Jennybee. Sorry. Undecided

No worries RS, my bad for bringing it up! Didn't mean any offence or anything, I was genuinely interested.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
22-05-2017, 10:58 AM
(22-05-2017 10:11 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Edit: I've decided to take this down. I just keep re-reading it and frowning even more. I'd appreciate it if you could edit yours as well, Jennybee. Sorry. Undecided

Like it or not. The experience makes you. I respect you all the more for it.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
22-05-2017, 11:03 AM
(22-05-2017 10:55 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  

No worries RS, my bad for bringing it up! Didn't mean any offence or anything, I was genuinely interested.

Oh I didn't take it as offense; sorry if I gave the impression that it was so. No, it's a problem entirely my own. I still hold a lot (a LOT) of repressed anger over what happened, and over the changes I had to make to my own personality in order to survive. A few incidents on these forums have reminded me from time to time that the violence is still there, simmering beneath the surface, and that it's possible that if I keep dwelling on this stuff, I really might hurt someone who pushes me too far. I honestly don't know where that breaking point is. I do know that it was only two years ago that I had to wake up every morning, remember the stab wounds across my back and shoulder, and mentally prepare myself for the possibility that I would have to fight to the death that day. It takes a lot out of you to always be on guard, always be ready to kill. I think soldiers get PTSD for the same reasons.

In any case, I'm open about everything, but I have to remember that being so is not necessarily healthy for me, or for the people who hear/read it. It's hard to remember what is and is not "within the bounds of what I can stand and still maintain full sanity" for normal people, when you've lived outside those bounds for that long. That's all.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-05-2017, 11:43 AM

No worries Hug I was only able to edit my second post (but I think that's the one you were talking about anyway). The first one I missed the post time edit deadline. But if you want the other one edited out, I can pm one of the mods and see if they can take it off.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 01:18 PM
(22-05-2017 09:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It's okay we've already all seen the hotness that is Emma Tongue

Also: I'll post a selfie, in the next day or so. I'm pending a haircut and a beard shave lol. Maybe do a before an after Laugh out load

Okay, but there are only nudes from here on out Laugh out load Wink Tongue

....KIDDING!! I had to add that in or I'll get a warning if people start posting their nekkid asses on here Tongue
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 01:49 PM
(22-05-2017 01:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Also: I'll post a selfie, in the next day or so. I'm pending a haircut and a beard shave lol. Maybe do a before an after Laugh out load

Okay, but there are only nudes from here on out Laugh out load Wink Tongue

....KIDDING!! I had to add that in or I'll get a warning if people start posting their nekkid asses on here Tongue

It's okay, everyone knows (except the mods) that you're actually not kidding! Wink
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
22-05-2017, 01:51 PM
(22-05-2017 11:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 10:55 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  No worries RS, my bad for bringing it up! Didn't mean any offence or anything, I was genuinely interested.

Oh I didn't take it as offense; sorry if I gave the impression that it was so. No, it's a problem entirely my own. I still hold a lot (a LOT) of repressed anger over what happened, and over the changes I had to make to my own personality in order to survive. A few incidents on these forums have reminded me from time to time that the violence is still there, simmering beneath the surface, and that it's possible that if I keep dwelling on this stuff, I really might hurt someone who pushes me too far. I honestly don't know where that breaking point is. I do know that it was only two years ago that I had to wake up every morning, remember the stab wounds across my back and shoulder, and mentally prepare myself for the possibility that I would have to fight to the death that day. It takes a lot out of you to always be on guard, always be ready to kill. I think soldiers get PTSD for the same reasons.

In any case, I'm open about everything, but I have to remember that being so is not necessarily healthy for me, or for the people who hear/read it. It's hard to remember what is and is not "within the bounds of what I can stand and still maintain full sanity" for normal people, when you've lived outside those bounds for that long. That's all.

Hug Hug Hug Hug
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
22-05-2017, 02:02 PM
(22-05-2017 01:49 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 01:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Okay, but there are only nudes from here on out Laugh out load Wink Tongue

It's okay, everyone knows (except the mods) that you're actually not kidding! Wink

Well, you haven't truly lived until you've seen Turkeyburner's snipple pics Big Grin BTW, where is TB? Also, I'm still waiting for a pic of Girly in his fundoshi. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 02:17 PM
(22-05-2017 11:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 10:55 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  No worries RS, my bad for bringing it up! Didn't mean any offence or anything, I was genuinely interested.

I think you're a pretty amazing person to endure all of that and still be the kind of person you are. I hope things continue to get better for you as time moves on. Hug
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
22-05-2017, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 02:30 PM by abaris.)
Me in the summer of love. 1967. I know for certain since my parents brought that gear back from an Israel cruise, narrowly escaping the start of the 6 days war.

[Image: 18.jpg]

Me, some five years ago. I shaved off the beard since then, since it made me look older than I am. Will post a new one, once I get around to actually take a picture.

[Image: SDC10206.JPG]

Paternal grandpa. Never got to know him, since he died in '36. Was a bigshot at an insurance company that went crumbling in the Great depression of '29. Ironically called Phoenix, though it never rose from the ashes. He was used to gambling trips to Monaco and summers at Abbazia, so the loss of his position may have contributed to his early death. People say I share certain similarities with him. Dad certainly did. It's mostly the eyes, I guess.

[Image: Scannen0020.jpg]

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 9 users Like abaris's post