The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
(13-06-2013 01:28 PM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 03:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Get real.
The early church "fathers" would have given their right nut, or firstborn son to have something like this to show off.
Why is it there is absolutely NOT ONE mention of it, until the 1300's. in church history, or even rumors or lore surrounding it ?
No church historian mentions it, ever. It pops up into European culture exactly when everyone was manufacturing relics.

I'm not saying anything about Jesus, or church "fathers." I am saying that it wasn't fucking PAINTED.

You never said that before. You also said it was not a camera obscura image, or a negative image etc etc etc. You said you did not know how it was made. If that is the case, saying "it was not fucking painted" is actually self-contradictory.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2013, 04:41 PM
(13-06-2013 04:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  You say that as if you have proof. You don't.

Do we know how it was made? No. But here is one good explanation.

I posted the full recreation of the shroud a few pages back that the scientist did but no one seemed to notice it. It is side by side with the actual Shroud and it's hard to tell which one is which.

I noticed it and replied... http://www.acheiropoietos.info/proceedin...gerWeb.pdf

Everything is falling.
13-06-2013, 04:57 PM
(13-06-2013 04:41 PM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 04:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I posted the full recreation of the shroud a few pages back that the scientist did but no one seemed to notice it. It is side by side with the actual Shroud and it's hard to tell which one is which.

I noticed it and replied... http://www.acheiropoietos.info/proceedin...gerWeb.pdf

Their conclusion boils down to "Gee, we couldn't figure it out, so no one can, so goddidit."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2013, 05:34 PM
(13-06-2013 04:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 01:28 PM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  I'm not saying anything about Jesus, or church "fathers." I am saying that it wasn't fucking PAINTED.

You never said that before. You also said it was not a camera obscura image, or a negative image etc etc etc. You said you did not know how it was made. If that is the case, saying "it was not fucking painted" is actually self-contradictory.

It is a negative image.

Everything is falling.
13-06-2013, 05:35 PM
(13-06-2013 04:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 04:41 PM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  I noticed it and replied... http://www.acheiropoietos.info/proceedin...gerWeb.pdf

Their conclusion boils down to "Gee, we couldn't figure it out, so no one can, so goddidit."

Their conclusion was that it isn't a rubbing. There's is no god business mentioned.

Everything is falling.
13-06-2013, 08:01 PM
I Should have never resurrected this thread (pun 100% intended).

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
14-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:Their conclusion boils down to "Gee, we couldn't figure it out, so no one can, so goddidit."

Not exactly, in one of the books I read, on an electron microscope-sized level, single threads of the shroud are dark or light. Unless that had laser-guided microscopic tools in the 14th century, it is not a manmade artifact. You don't hear about such things widely because in these last days this is suppressed science, just like creation science... (ducks, runs, smiles).
14-06-2013, 02:09 PM
(14-06-2013 12:16 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Their conclusion boils down to "Gee, we couldn't figure it out, so no one can, so goddidit."

Not exactly, in one of the books I read, on an electron microscope-sized level, single threads of the shroud are dark or light. Unless that had laser-guided microscopic tools in the 14th century, it is not a manmade artifact. You don't hear about such things widely because in these last days this is suppressed science, just like creation science... (ducks, runs, smiles).

Please provide a citation.

"Creation science" is an oxymoron.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2013, 02:18 PM
This thread can go get fucked. Which reminds me... check out my new sheets...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=391]
I know you christees would just kill yourselves to fuck on these! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Examining the details of the weave could be interesting.
Bearing in mind that a genuine Jewish 1st Century shroud was found in Jerusalem in 2009....

"Researchers say the weave and design of the shroud discovered in a burial cave near Jerusalem's Old City are completely different to the Turin Shroud.
Radiocarbon tests and artefacts found in the cave prove almost beyond doubt that it was from the same time of Christ's death.
It was made with a simple two-way weave - not the "twill" weave used on the Turin Shroud, which textile experts say was introduced more than 1,000 years after Christ lived."

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... salem.html

Then of course there is always the problem of the Turin shroud being not only of the wrong type of cloth but also of the wrong style ... it should be in at least two pieces not one.

"And instead of being a single sheet like the famous item in Turin, the Jerusalem shroud is made up of several sections, with a separate piece for the head."

same link.

but also

http://news.discovery.com/history/archa ... shroud.htm

This is all aside from the Carbon 14 dates ....

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
[+] 2 users Like The Watchman's post