The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2013, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2013 01:13 PM by The Watchman.)
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
Apologies ...links incorrect.... find correct links below.

Link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...salem.html

unfortunately I can no longer locate the second reference .... sorry... If I ever find it again I will post it here.

Typical ...log out then find the bloody thing.....

Link:
http://news.discovery.com/history/archae...shroud.htm

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2013, 10:21 PM
(16-06-2013 12:59 PM)The Watchman Wrote:  Apologies ...links incorrect.... find correct links below.

Link:

unfortunately I can no longer locate the second reference .... sorry... If I ever find it again I will post it here.

Link:

Watchman, don't expect people to read the links. I posted this same information on page 7 or 8 of this thread but no one seemed to click on it and actually read it.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
17-06-2013, 05:07 AM
(16-06-2013 10:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-06-2013 12:59 PM)The Watchman Wrote:  Apologies ...links incorrect.... find correct links below.

Link:

Link:

Watchman, don't expect people to read the links. I posted this same information on page 7 or 8 of this thread but no one seemed to click on it and actually read it.

Presuming what others here will or will not do is one way of getting your ass handed to you here.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2013, 09:50 AM
(17-06-2013 05:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-06-2013 10:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Watchman, don't expect people to read the links. I posted this same information on page 7 or 8 of this thread but no one seemed to click on it and actually read it.

Presuming what others here will or will not do is one way of getting your ass handed to you here.Drinking Beverage

I should re-phrase that. Many people don't read links posted or watch the videos. Not all people, but many. This is off topic but it's something I've noticed on many forums all over the internet.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
18-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I sometimes read the links. This one you posted said in part:

"'What our shroud shows is that the practice of having a separate shroud or wrapping for the body and for the head was common practice. There was a separate wrapping for the head itself, which was very important because when they brought someone to burial they would place the head wrapping separately on the face in case the person wasn't actually dead and woke up again, they would be able to blow off the face wrapping and shout for help,' said Gibson."

Which firms my point, from antiquity there has been a "Turin" shroud and a cloth of Veronica with Christ's face. However, there was no need to leave Christ's face free for His burial--He'd been pierced in His side in a demonstration of His absolute cessation of life function, before His burial.
18-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Reference for fineness of shroud image showing it wasn't paint/pigmentation:

http://shroud3d.com/home-page/introducti...d-of-turin
18-06-2013, 02:50 PM
(18-06-2013 02:31 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Reference for fineness of shroud image showing it wasn't paint/pigmentation:

http://shroud3d.com/home-page/introducti...d-of-turin

So the most you can say is you don't know how it was made.
It arose in human culture, what that sort of thing became popular.
It was never mentioned by the early church, or anyone before the Renaissance.
The image is NOT a 33 year old Near Eastern male.
It "might" be a late middle aged Italian male.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

21-06-2013, 01:14 PM
No, the most YOU can say is you don't know how it was made. There is NO way to have gotten the "paint" that shallow on the shroud without tools guided by electron microscopy.
21-06-2013, 01:26 PM
(21-06-2013 01:14 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No, the most YOU can say is you don't know how it was made. There is NO way to have gotten the "paint" that shallow on the shroud without tools guided by electron microscopy.

Or, you know, age. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-06-2013, 04:27 PM
(18-06-2013 02:30 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I sometimes read the links. This one you posted said in part:

"'What our shroud shows is that the practice of having a separate shroud or wrapping for the body and for the head was common practice. There was a separate wrapping for the head itself, which was very important because when they brought someone to burial they would place the head wrapping separately on the face in case the person wasn't actually dead and woke up again, they would be able to blow off the face wrapping and shout for help,' said Gibson."

Which firms my point, from antiquity there has been a "Turin" shroud and a cloth of Veronica with Christ's face. However, there was no need to leave Christ's face free for His burial--He'd been pierced in His side in a demonstration of His absolute cessation of life function, before His burial.

There were at least 10 "Veronica" veils floating around. Maybe you could take a history class some day.
No, all that proves is that YOUR options are limited to the (very) small amount of art and science that you know anything about.
If you had a broad knowledge of anything, it might be different. All your opinion proves, is that your knowledge of options are limited to what you have read in fundie web sites.

I do not know how they made it.
However, a "supernatural" explanation is the LAST one in line, since one has NEVER ever even once happened. Not once. You forgot to address the image. It is NOT a young Near Eastern male. It's a very old Italian male. No Aramaic male looked like that. So even if you proved it a burial shroud from the ancient Near East, it can't possibly be the mythical Jebus' shroud.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.