The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
Quote:I do not know how they made it.
However, a "supernatural" explanation is the LAST one in line, since one has NEVER ever even once happened. Not once. You forgot to address the image. It is NOT a young Near Eastern male. It's a very old Italian male. No Aramaic male looked like that. So even if you proved it a burial shroud from the ancient Near East, it can't possibly be the mythical Jebus' shroud.

FINALLY, you admitted ONE point I've mine. God thing (good thing) I've been here for months.

THANK YOU for your kind humility here.

And I NEVER said there was a supernatural explanation for the shroud. Most shroud "believers" think the image was burned onto the shroud by a light source that radiated outward from the body. Such a scientific statement could not have been made hundreds of years ago. Do you now deny spotaneous human combustion, too? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 02:06 PM
An you are partially right.

This Aramaic male had a broken nose and coins over his eyes in His death. 1st century burial technique of the Jews (coins on eyes) not known to the 14th century until the advent of modern archaeology today and a broken nose from the beatings before the crucifixion... not a bone of Him was broken per prophecy, but the nasal interior is cartilagenous and not bone. Schwing!
24-06-2013, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2013 07:15 AM by DeavonReye.)
Were "all his [Jesus] bones out of joint"? That is ALSO a part of "the prophesy". Or was that just "some metaphor for something else"?

Why would he, as the condemned, even have clothes there for them to "cast lots for"? That sounds more like an afterthought to "make a prophesy look better to later christians". A "self fulfilling prophesy".

Isn't it amazing how "dogs surround me" magicly transform into "Roman soldiers"?

Hmmmfff . . . "prophesy". Whatever.
24-06-2013, 02:48 PM
(24-06-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I do not know how they made it.
However, a "supernatural" explanation is the LAST one in line, since one has NEVER ever even once happened. Not once. You forgot to address the image. It is NOT a young Near Eastern male. It's a very old Italian male. No Aramaic male looked like that. So even if you proved it a burial shroud from the ancient Near East, it can't possibly be the mythical Jebus' shroud.

FINALLY, you admitted ONE point I've mine. God thing (good thing) I've been here for months.

THANK YOU for your kind humility here.

And I NEVER said there was a supernatural explanation for the shroud. Most shroud "believers" think the image was burned onto the shroud by a light source that radiated outward from the body. Such a scientific statement could not have been made hundreds of years ago. Do you now deny spotaneous human combustion, too? Smile

Just in case you aren't joking, spontaneous human combustion is a myth.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2013, 03:04 PM
(24-06-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And I NEVER said there was a supernatural explanation for the shroud. Most shroud "believers" think the image was burned onto the shroud by a light source that radiated outward from the body. Such a scientific statement could not have been made hundreds of years ago. Do you now deny spotaneous human combustion, too? Smile

Oh, sweet, merciful Christ.

(24-06-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ... the image was burned onto the shroud by a light source that radiated outward from the body.

(24-06-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ... scientific statement ...

(24-06-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ... the image was burned onto the shroud by a light source that radiated outward from the body.

(24-06-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ... scientific statement ...

ERROR
ERROR
DOES NOT COMPUTE
SYSTEM FAULT DETECTED, MEMORY DUMP INITIATED
ERROR
24-06-2013, 03:13 PM
(24-06-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Do you now deny spotaneous human combustion, too? Smile

Wait, are you saying that you seriously think that a human being, out of the blue, could just suddenly burst into flame?

Holy fucking crap. They let you use a computer? Undecided Unsupervised?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
24-06-2013, 03:17 PM
(24-06-2013 03:13 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Do you now deny spotaneous human combustion, too? Smile

Wait, are you saying that you seriously think that a human being, out of the blue, could just suddenly burst into flame?

Holy fucking crap. They let you use a computer? Undecided Unsupervised?

Yup.
The longer he stays and spouts, the more I say "no wonder ... just no wonder".
Weeping

Well I never heard about SPOTaneous human combustion, (does that involve a little dog ??), but I do deny spontaneous human combustion. Tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous...combustion

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
25-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:Were "all his [Jesus] bones out of joint"? That is ALSO a part of "the prophesy". Or was that just "some metaphor for something else"?

Why would he, as the condemned, even have clothes there for them to "cast lots for"? That sounds more like an afterthought to "make a prophesy look better to later christians". A "self fulfilling prophesy".

Isn't it amazing how "dogs surround me" magicly transform into "Roman soldiers"?

Hmmmfff . . . "prophesy". Whatever.

Yes, I was joking about SH Combustion.

Your post, however, shows a lot of good thought. Let me please respond.

1) His bones felt out of joint, describing the awful pulling on the cross, which requires active motion to move the diaphragm and breathe. The point is this never happened to King David, the Psalmist, who made the prophecy.

2) The robe that was given to Jesus to cast lots for was a prophecy. This never happened to King David.

3) Dogs are Gentiles. Jesus's Jewish followers in the main abandoned Him to false trials, scourging and the cross, some looking on from a distance, and a few at the foot of the cross. After Gethsemane, Jesus was mostly surrounded by vicious "barking dogs" or Gentiles. This never happened to King David.

That's why they are prophecies, and we know 1) the HB dates to before the time of Jesus 2) the prophets described future events. One of the reasons that the presentism nonsense BB puts forth is untrue is that many of the prophecies never happened to the people of the time who spoke them but to future people, including Jesus and the apostles and disciples...
25-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Even if this random dead guy's towel did turn out to be legit, that would not prove anything about the random dead that may or may not have been Jesus, other than that it turns out that... surprise surprise! They covered his dead body after execution. So what? Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
25-06-2013, 09:54 AM
(25-06-2013 08:36 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  1) His bones felt out of joint, describing the awful pulling on the cross, which requires active motion to move the diaphragm and breathe. The point is this never happened to King David, the Psalmist, who made the prophecy.

2) The robe that was given to Jesus to cast lots for was a prophecy. This never happened to King David.

3) Dogs are Gentiles. Jesus's Jewish followers in the main abandoned Him to false trials, scourging and the cross, some looking on from a distance, and a few at the foot of the cross. After Gethsemane, Jesus was mostly surrounded by vicious "barking dogs" or Gentiles. This never happened to King David.

That's why they are prophecies, and we know 1) the HB dates to before the time of Jesus 2) the prophets described future events. One of the reasons that the presentism nonsense BB puts forth is untrue is that many of the prophecies never happened to the people of the time who spoke them but to future people, including Jesus and the apostles and disciples...

1. "All my bones ARE out of joint". Neither of them were. So, it is wrong.

2. Who says that the robe thrown on him [even if that actually happened] was [then] Jesus' clothing? "They divided MY clothes". The robe wasn't his. So, it is wrong.

3. What about the "many bulls"? What, . . is that "yet another name for gentiles"? It's all just reading into a story that merely SOUNDS similar. Or more probable, . . . a changing of the crucifixion narrative to include these parts in an attempt to manufacture a "prophesy" to fool the masses.

Psalm 22 doesn't read like "a prophesy". If you read it as a whole, it is obvious that it was never meant as such, . . . but are the words of a man who also "has a god who he wants to hear from". When did Jesus "pray in the day time, yet not be heard"? Why would Jesus see himself as "a worm, not a man"? When was he "dispised of the people"? It seemed that the people were greatly interested in him and flocked to him [if you believe in that story, of course]. And . . . since christianity claims that Jesus was "god with us", . . . how can Jesus even state, "you are my god...."?

It's all special pleading . . . merely because of vague similarities . . . that's all.