The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
(24-06-2013 02:42 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Were "all his [Jesus] bones out of joint"? That is ALSO a part of "the prophesy". Or was that just "some metaphor for something else"?

Why would he, as the condemned, even have clothes there for them to "cast lots for"? That sounds more like an afterthought to "make a prophesy look better to later christians". A "self fulfilling prophesy".

Isn't it amazing how "dogs surround me" magicly transform into "Roman soldiers"?

Hmmmfff . . . "prophesy". Whatever.

I read somewhere that the Romans crucified everyone in the nude. The Romans were very practical, organized people and having condemned prisoners with clothing was just one more problem to deal with. They crucified thousands of people and disposed of the bodies like one does garbage. So if Jesus did exist casting lots for his clothing probably didn't happen. 'Nother myth.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2013, 03:01 PM
No, I knew that and you had more than one prophecy. "Ashamed" and "gambled for clothing". The clothing was removed and the outer, finer garment coveted and gambled for.

A naked man, covered in wounds with long hair and beard, starts to resemble... what marked for slaughter?
26-06-2013, 03:16 PM
(26-06-2013 03:01 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  A naked man, covered in wounds with long hair and beard, starts to resemble... what marked for slaughter?

A primate that's been worked over?
26-06-2013, 03:29 PM
(26-06-2013 03:01 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No, I knew that and you had more than one prophecy. "Ashamed" and "gambled for clothing". The clothing was removed and the outer, finer garment coveted and gambled for.

A naked man, covered in wounds with long hair and beard, starts to resemble... what marked for slaughter?

You know, this whole story is so disgusting, a god purposely having this done to his own son, that if you were to prove it were so, it would be a major reason NOT to worship that god.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-06-2013, 03:52 PM
(29-03-2013 11:25 AM)Wolf Bird Wrote:  It's been reproduced apparently. I'm applying Occam's razor here.

http://www.skepticblog.org/2011/12/23/sh...rin-redux/

I bet the book will regurgitate claims that have been parroted for years.

That settles it:

Quote: a 14th century Catholic bishop determined that the Shroud was a “cunningly painted” fraud—and discovered the artist who confessed to creating it

So in other words, it's just a cunning stunt.

Angel
28-06-2013, 03:00 PM
1) It was not reproduced down to threads with microscopic colorations on them several thicknesses of a human hair.

2) Which is why BB admitted he doesn't know how it was produced...
28-06-2013, 04:16 PM
(28-06-2013 03:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  1) It was not reproduced down to threads with microscopic colorations on them several thicknesses of a human hair.

2) Which is why BB admitted he doesn't know how it was produced...

And you don't know, either.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I've already stated I think it was produced by light emitted at a perpendicular angle from the body, "up", which burnt the shroud. That is the best I've seen on the subject and Occam's Razor agrees.
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Did I miss it? How are we explaining the fact that the burial cloths as described in the Bible do not at all match the Turin shroud?
01-07-2013, 03:03 PM
(01-07-2013 02:57 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I've already stated I think it was produced by light emitted at a perpendicular angle from the body, "up", which burnt the shroud. That is the best I've seen on the subject and Occam's Razor agrees.

You actually think anyone here cares anything about your opinion about anything ?
They don't.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche