The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
Most of them, . . . yes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 10:00 AM
And! I wuz there wif Paul at Corinth. I'z remembers. He wasn't talking about any physical person (though he might have modeled somebody - I have no emotional investment in the "Jesus myth," mostly use it as shorthand)

Parsimony tells me - forgery. We don't know how to do it 'cause we ain't bored nor unemployed enough to spend a lifetime learning how to fake relics, but there was plenty of people in that occupation back in the day.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 11:25 AM
It's been reproduced apparently. I'm applying Occam's razor here.

http://www.skepticblog.org/2011/12/23/sh...rin-redux/

I bet the book will regurgitate claims that have been parroted for years.

29-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:The facial features of "the shroud" don't even look normal, . . . but more like the paintings of the era it was probably created.
The image is more perfect reproduction in negative, a "photo" taken with light. The features on the face include covering the eyes with 1st Century coins of Israel (not that a 15th century forger would know about since only modern archaeology has uncovered Jewish burial sites) and a nose broken and altered from physical abuse. It's real.
29-03-2013, 11:46 AM
(29-03-2013 11:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It's real.

Now I'm convinced. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-03-2013, 11:51 AM
(29-03-2013 11:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:The facial features of "the shroud" don't even look normal, . . . but more like the paintings of the era it was probably created.
The image is more perfect reproduction in negative, a "photo" taken with light. The features on the face include covering the eyes with 1st Century coins of Israel (not that a 15th century forger would know about since only modern archaeology has uncovered Jewish burial sites) and a nose broken and altered from physical abuse. It's real.

The shape of the face is what I'm talking about. The eyes are too high to be an actual person. The whole face is too elongated, and is why I said it looks more like the painting from someone who wasn't very good at human anatomy.
29-03-2013, 12:02 PM
(29-03-2013 11:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The image is more perfect reproduction in negative, a "photo" taken with light. The features on the face include covering the eyes with 1st Century coins of Israel (not that a 15th century forger would know about since only modern archaeology has uncovered Jewish burial sites) and a nose broken and altered from physical abuse. It's real.
What are you talking about? Neither are the eyes of the man depicted on the Shroud of Turin covered with coins, nor is his nose broken.

[Image: Shroud_positive_negative_compare.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
29-03-2013, 12:02 PM
(29-03-2013 11:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

Is there no end to your credulity? Do you not understand the evidence against this?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I am no expert on the shroud. But I find it interesting, that it represents a medieval concept of Christ. White guy, long hair and beard. I'm thinking that I read somewhere that long hair and beards were not the fashion at that time and that Jesus (if he existed at all) might not have been a white guy. Also, I think I heard, on the radio today that the image on the cloth would measure about 5' 11"? If I'm not mistaken, this would be a very tall person in those ancient days, when malnutrition might have been a signifigant part of the dinner table conversation. . . if dinner was an option that day.
29-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Even if this thing is a genuine artifact from the 1st century, how in the hell do you get to it being "THE ONE"? How much mental gymnastics do you need to do in order to arrive at that position?
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post