The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 01:41 PM by Anjele.)
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
(29-03-2013 12:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 11:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The image is more perfect reproduction in negative, a "photo" taken with light. The features on the face include covering the eyes with 1st Century coins of Israel (not that a 15th century forger would know about since only modern archaeology has uncovered Jewish burial sites) and a nose broken and altered from physical abuse. It's real.
What are you talking about? Neither are the eyes of the man depicted on the Shroud of Turin covered with coins, nor is his nose broken.

[Image: Shroud_positive_negative_compare.jpg]

Damnit Vosur, I was almost ready to believe!

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Can't wait for Easter to be over..

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm almost beginning to think I'm wasting my time here witnessing to y'all. Smile

More on the coins, and the image which is best rendered as a 3D relief:

http://www.ohioshroudconference.com/papers/p20.pdf
29-03-2013, 02:04 PM
This is how they determined it isn't a forgery?!

"The tests dated the age of the shroud to between 300 BC and 400AD"

So, even if these dates are correct, it means nothing.

That is a span of 700 years. That is 255,500 days. That means the shroud has a 1/255,500 chance that it was used on the particular day Jesus allegedly died. But he wasn't even the only person who would have died from crucifixion on that day.

It never ceases to amaze me what believers will accept as evidence. That's why I don't think I'll ever get bored debating them.
29-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Other shroud evidences:

*pollen from Jerusalem Thorn bush found on shroud

*image is best revealed/shown to have been created at a angle perfectly perpendicular to shround draped over 3D figure, as if via beams of light/radiation

*shroud cloth is dark/light at a microscopic level on individual cross threads of cloth

Etc.
29-03-2013, 02:14 PM
(29-03-2013 02:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm almost beginning to think I'm wasting my time here witnessing to y'all. Smile

It's not your time, it is god's time. Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 02:38 PM
(29-03-2013 02:05 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *shroud cloth is dark/light at a microscopic level on individual cross threads of cloth

Witnesses of the 15th and early 16th centuries speak of the image as being then so vivid that the blood seemed freshly shed - it was documented that the image looked very much "as if it was only recently removed from the body" and clearly visible stains looked to be "dried blood, staining darkened hues of rose madder and brown".

On the supposition that this is an "authentic" relic dating from the year A.D. 30, why would it have retained its brilliance through countless journeys and changes of climate for 15 centuries, and then in less than 5 centuries become almost invisible?

Or has our lucky shroud... Consider become a metaphor for christianity? Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
29-03-2013, 02:52 PM
(29-03-2013 02:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm almost beginning to think I'm wasting my time here witnessing to y'all. Smile

Huh

You could be the most influencing person on this website, giving all sorts of thought provoking statements, . . . and it still wouldn't make anything you say "true" FOR you to witness about. I hope you can understand what I'm saying here. There are issues with your religion. . . . . new discoveries that bring the actual history to light. If you are trying to bring us the "god" of the bible you have on your shelf, . . . then you are merely bringing a human concept that has been influenced by humans, . . . and interpretted by other humans.
29-03-2013, 03:01 PM

That's exactly what you are doing.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
29-03-2013, 04:39 PM

Kinda slow on the uptake aren't ya?

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Turin Shroud sophonian 15 523 09-04-2014 06:26 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Discovery Channel's Shroud of Turin.....? pppgggr 17 1,109 14-07-2012 05:28 PM
Last Post: Anjele