The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 07:09 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
01-04-2013, 12:07 PM
(01-04-2013 11:53 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 11:23 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Don't see the images of the coins. But if they were there, where are they now? Were the coins beamed up with Jesus? Why weren't they in the shroud when it was found? They weren't important, so they were tossed out? Those coins would be priceless, holy relics!

The Naked Guy stole them!!

Quote:Mark 14:51-52  A certain young man was following him, wearing nothing but a linen cloth. They caught hold of him, but he left the linen cloth and ran off naked.

Mark 16:5-6 As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man, dressed in a white robe, sitting on the right side; and they were alarmed. 6 But he said to them, “Do not be alarmed; you are looking for Junior of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has been raised; he is not here. Look, there is the place they laid him.

Does he mention the coins? No!!

CHEKCMATE ATHIEISTS!!!!1!!

--J.D.

Who is Junior of Nazareth?
01-04-2013, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 12:10 PM by Ameron1963.)
Damn! I stand corrected. The naked guy explanation is perfectly plausible. Also, i have found, through personal experience, that guys who hang around in tombs (If dressed in white robes) are perfectly capable of explaining the loss of dead mesiahs and lifting their booty! Hence: missing mesiah and his final missing cash explained!
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
01-04-2013, 12:15 PM
(01-04-2013 12:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 11:53 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  
The Naked Guy stole them!!

Does he mention the coins? No!!

CHEKCMATE ATHIEISTS!!!!1!!

--J.D.

Who is Junior of Nazareth?

I Think, though I did not author this post, that "Junior" is "Jesus". God, junior.
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
More on the coins, and the image which is best rendered as a 3D relief:

http://www.ohioshroudconference.com/papers/p20.pdf
21-05-2013, 10:12 PM
(01-04-2013 07:00 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:John 20:7~ "And the face cloth, which had been on Jesus' head, not lying with the linen clothes but folded up in a place by itself."

Huh, that was easy.
There are two cloths. The full length (actually, double full length) Shroud of Turin, and another cloth, The Sudarium, in the Cathedral of San Salvador in Oviedo, Spain.

So your Bible quotation strengthens, not weakens, the case for Bible accuracy. Thank you.

So they wrapped his entire body (head included) in one shroud, and then wrapped another cloth over the first shroud around his head?
22-05-2013, 02:46 PM
I didn't read the new book, but I did read somewhere that the dating methods applied at times were taken from shroud portions exposed to fire in a more recent burning that the times of Christ. That would contaminate the samples as far as dating.
22-05-2013, 02:47 PM
(22-05-2013 02:46 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I didn't read the new book, but I did read somewhere that the dating methods applied at times were taken from shroud portions exposed to fire in a more recent burning that the times of Christ. That would contaminate the samples as far as dating.

Nope.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
22-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:So they wrapped his entire body (head included) in one shroud, and then wrapped another cloth over the first shroud around his head?

Sorry for the late reply.

The two cloth method was what they did (along with other cultural practices they we presentists have to be leery about judging). I find it compelling that there is both a full body shroud and a head cloth with the image, and that both have source histories that date them very early, far earlier than Da Vinci's time (and code). Wink