The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
What Jesus most likely looked like.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/...cs/1282186

Most Christians would run the other way if they saw this guy.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Agreed, dancefortwo. The reality of what an actual "Jesus" would have looked like may set some a bit off, . . . . . as he probably looked a lot like how your basic Arab looks today. I have seen all the "depictions of jesus" before [including "the shroud"], and it is obviously a case of "making 'the creator' in OUR own image".
28-05-2013, 02:40 PM
From Isaiah 53:

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem."
28-05-2013, 03:06 PM
(28-05-2013 02:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  From Isaiah 53:

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem."

Well damn if you haven't convinced me. If Isaiah 53 says it, it must be true! Who else in the ancient world could ever fit that description: no beauty or majesty, despised and rejected, familiar with pain and suffering. I am so thankful that JC took on so much suffering since no one before and no one since has ever suffered. THANK YOU JESUS!
29-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Huh?! I was commenting merely on the fact that Isaiah 53 said Jesus was a fairly plain person to look at in appearance per the rest of this thread and the forensic scholar's work itself. You're the one who noticed the OBVIOUS parallells between Isaiah's prophecies and all you've ever heard about the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Good work!
30-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Uh, . . . I think it is a given that you were posting the Isaiah verse "as it relates to Jesus". If it WERE "a prophesy", . . . it is one of the most piss poor ones . . . as there IS no way of knowing what people thought of an actual Jesus. It is "making Jesus plain to support a 'prophetic' text from Isaiah". In other words, an invented "prophesy".
30-05-2013, 08:36 AM
I would bet any amount of money that Jesus (if he really existed in the first place) would have looked a lot more like Osama bin Laden than he would Jim Caviezel.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
30-05-2013, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 08:58 AM by Free Thought.)
(30-05-2013 08:36 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  I would bet any amount of money that Jesus (if he really existed in the first place) would have looked a lot more like Osama bin Laden than he would Jim Caviezel.

According to comedian Jim Jefferies;
Quote:"Jesus was 4' 7", he was a normal sized guy, everyone was short back then; we're taller now because of evolution. That's how Jesus could seed the people with two fish: little fuckin' people, big fuckin' fish! So this is Jesus here, right. He's a little tiny Arab Jew. He looks like Super Mario..."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-05-2013, 08:57 AM
(30-05-2013 08:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 08:36 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  I would bet any amount of money that Jesus (if he really existed in the first place) would have looked a lot more like Osama bin Laden than he would Jim Caviezel.

According to comedian Jim Jefferies; "Jesus was 4' 7".... So this is Jesus here, right. He's a little tiny Arab Jew. He looks like Super Mario..."

Short swarthy man sounds like Danny Devito to me.

[Image: danny-devito--411.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-05-2013, 09:09 AM
(29-05-2013 12:47 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh?! I was commenting merely on the fact that Isaiah 53 said Jesus was a fairly plain person to look at in appearance per the rest of this thread and the forensic scholar's work itself. You're the one who noticed the OBVIOUS parallells between Isaiah's prophecies and all you've ever heard about the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Good work!

Sounds more like John the Baptist than Jeebus, if we're honest. Huh, maybe the real messiah got his noggin lopped off by some bitch in Palestine and everyone latched onto this Jeebus dude instead?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.