The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: The shroud of Turin isn't a forgery!
Just to add one more thing, actually the Shroud of Turin is a herringbone weave. Twill is a type of fabric usually associated with herringbone.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 01:54 AM
(30-05-2013 09:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The rational explanation is that it's a fourteenth century icon. The irrational explanation - besides being irrational - just has too many problems. First thing comes to mind is how the proportions are not right for a human but curiously identical to fourteenth century portraiture... Consider

And PleaseJesus, doesn't he just wanna take an ice-cream scoop to the inside of your cranium? I know I feel that way when I read his posts. Thumbsup

But there is nothing like it in the history of art. There are no negative images until photography comes along centuries later. And there are no copies of the Shroud of Turin. If it was a clever image made to get people to fork over a little money to marvel at it, or for the church to wow the believers, why are there no other ones? And no one can make a good copy of it even today... no scientist can tell us how it was made.

Everything is falling.
01-06-2013, 07:04 AM
(01-06-2013 01:54 AM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 09:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The rational explanation is that it's a fourteenth century icon. The irrational explanation - besides being irrational - just has too many problems. First thing comes to mind is how the proportions are not right for a human but curiously identical to fourteenth century portraiture... Consider

And PleaseJesus, doesn't he just wanna take an ice-cream scoop to the inside of your cranium? I know I feel that way when I read his posts. Thumbsup

But there is nothing like it in the history of art. There are no negative images until photography comes along centuries later. And there are no copies of the Shroud of Turin. If it was a clever image made to get people to fork over a little money to marvel at it, or for the church to wow the believers, why are there no other ones? And no one can make a good copy of it even today... no scientist can tell us how it was made.

So... what are you saying, here? You'd trust a scientist to tell us how it was made, but you won't trust the science that tells us how it was made?

Why... that's illogical, Jim.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 10:24 AM
[/quote]

I beg to differ with you. This is a recreation.........http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/07/italy.turin.shroud/[Image: 0_23_shroud_turin_bodies.jpg]

There is a close up on the web address as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/...in.shroud/

If this is a miraculous explosion of energy or glow from Jesus as he was wrapped in a shroud why isn't the top of his head part of the image? The shroud image stops just above his hair and there is a 6 inch gap then it begins at the back.

“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
01-06-2013, 10:28 AM
I meant to add, the original is on the left and the recreation is on the right......I think.

01-06-2013, 01:39 PM
(01-06-2013 10:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  But there is nothing like it in the history of art. There are no negative images until photography comes along centuries later. And there are no copies of the Shroud of Turin. If it was a clever image made to get people to fork over a little money to marvel at it, or for the church to wow the believers, why are there no other ones? And no one can make a good copy of it even today... no scientist can tell us how it was made.

I beg to differ with you. This is a recreation.........http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/07/italy.turin.shroud/[Image: 0_23_shroud_turin_bodies.jpg]

There is a close up on the web address as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/...in.shroud/

If this is a miraculous explosion of energy or glow from Jesus as he was wrapped in a shroud why isn't the top of his head part of the image? The shroud image stops just above his hair and there is a 6 inch gap then it begins at the back.
[/quote]
http://www.shroud.com/pdfs/thibault-lg.pdf

Everything is falling.
04-06-2013, 01:21 PM
All,

They didn't know in the 14th century that 1st century Jews used a long shroud and wrapped it over the person's head then back down to the feet, producing the exact double image that is on the shroud, front and back obverse around the head.

They didn't know in the 14th century that Jesus was pierced through His wrists through the space of Destot (most artworks from the period and all the way back show nails through the hands)

They didn't know in the 14th century what the Roman flagrum was shaped like. Shroud lecturers today will hold up unearthed flagrum to images of the shroud on screen, showing the marks in Jesus's body on it.

They didn't have easy access to Jerusalem thorn in the 14th century, and its pollen is on the shroud.

They didn't have access to photography in the 14th century, and had no way to know that photographic negatives of the shroud look more realistic in the negative, showing that the shroud was painted by light and not pigment.

They didn't have computer projection in the 14th century, and couldn't project that since the light painted the shroud moving in STRAIGHT angels upward from the body, that extending the image on the shroud via projection produces a perfect human body in three dimensional proportion.

Etc.

Da Vinci and Michaelangelo were smart. VERY smart. But not that smart.
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post
04-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:If this is a miraculous explosion of energy or glow from Jesus as he was wrapped in a shroud why isn't the top of his head part of the image? The shroud image stops just above his hair and there is a 6 inch gap then it begins at the back.

See above--it was light that came from Jesus's body straight up, not out of His body at all angles (the top of His head).
04-06-2013, 01:36 PM
(04-06-2013 01:22 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:If this is a miraculous explosion of energy or glow from Jesus as he was wrapped in a shroud why isn't the top of his head part of the image? The shroud image stops just above his hair and there is a 6 inch gap then it begins at the back.

See above--it was light that came from Jesus's body straight up, not out of His body at all angles (the top of His head).

The Bible doesn't even say there was a flash of light when Jesus was resurrected, why jump to that assumption?

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
04-06-2013, 01:40 PM
(01-06-2013 01:54 AM)f0rTyLeGz Wrote:  

Bullshit. That's simply false .
Da Vinci, (along with other Florentine painters) experimented a lot with negative images, including painting in reverse. Da Dinci's notebooks have a drawing of a camera.
A couple of his famous painting were done that way. It fits in perfectly with his other work, and knowledge.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...Vinci.html
http://www.leonardo-da-vinci-biography.c...hroud.html
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_did_Leona...the_camera

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche