The silliest, funniest, and most absurd thing that _____ beleives.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: The silliest, funniest, and most absurd thing that _____ beleives.
(10-10-2012 02:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 02:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wait. What ?
[Image: seerox-174.jpg]

It's true. Also the universe *is* really big, but God put the light from faraway stars right *there* 6000 years ago so it would *look like* it was billions of years old and fool all those silly scientists with their accurate measuring instruments... Hobo

"God created the light when it was already on it's way".
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-10-2012, 02:12 PM
(10-10-2012 02:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 09:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Satan put dinosaur bones on the Earth to try and deceive people.

Wait. What ?

Click at your own risk!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
10-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Someone on Catholic Answers said : (get ready)
Well obviously Evolution is not true. Humans have souls and animals don't.
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
(10-10-2012 11:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  The whole notion of the Bible being divinely inspired.

Why do I think this is among the silliest?
People that believe this say God did not write the Bible, but inspired it. The inspiration supposedly gave the authors freedom of expression such that the details did not come from God, but the underlying messages did. The problem is people then use this as an excuse to explain everything in the Bible that contradicts common sense as being "details" and everything that doesn't as being "underlying messages". How very convenient! Plus, how does one accurately separate details from the underlying messages anyway? And why would any god communicate in such a confusing manner?

I've found this to be perhaps *THE* main principle of religion. For you, mere peon, must now $$pay$$ another to interpret for you.

Con man, meet sucker.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
10-10-2012, 02:40 PM
(10-10-2012 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Click at your own risk!

Ha - I love Landover - a friend recently gave me a Landover book. I keep it in my bathroom for extracurricular reading - people never want to leave! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
mine would be worship.... the idea that god wants to have a one sided long distance relationship but will not show his face anywhere near you. it a little weird. I think if god wanted a relationship with me or anyone eles he would start by intraducing himelf and then maybe starting up a bromance or something, unless he just wanted to be girlfrends or something.

p.s. that last part sounded a bit creepy.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
10-10-2012, 02:45 PM
(10-10-2012 02:40 PM)kim Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Click at your own risk!

Ha - I love Landover - a friend recently gave me a Landover book. I keep it in my bathroom for extracurricular reading - people never want to leave! Smile

Big Grin

Landover is almost as good as The Onion.

No, but really... there are real people that believe this. I remember hearing preachers preach this when I was kid.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
(10-10-2012 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 02:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wait. What ?

Click at your own risk!
Do those people live on the same planet as us? Blink

Quote:Alleged "dinosaur bones" are actually bones of all the sinners that perished in the flood. Since Noah didn't have dinosaurs on his Ark, obviously there weren’t any. Period!
Wow, people were apparently HUGE before Noah's time! (And ugly!)

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
10-10-2012, 03:41 PM
(10-10-2012 12:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The MOST disgusting thing of all is that the body, (you got it), the REAL remains/bones of St. Therese of Lisieux are carted around the world. ( She's been dead for 100 years! ) http://www.sttherese.com/pilgrim_saint.html

She looks great though! A little skinny, but great!

[Image: AD20121002718527-2-Human_skeleton.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
10-10-2012, 05:08 PM
(10-10-2012 11:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  The whole notion of the Bible being divinely inspired.

Why do I think this is among the silliest?
People that believe this say God did not write the Bible, but inspired it. The inspiration supposedly gave the authors freedom of expression such that the details did not come from God, but the underlying messages did. The problem is people then use this as an excuse to explain everything in the Bible that contradicts common sense as being "details" and everything that doesn't as being "underlying messages". How very convenient! Plus, how does one accurately separate details from the underlying messages anyway? And why would any god communicate in such a confusing manner?

Right, that always got me, too. 'Take X literally, but not Y.' Usually this is because Y is not socially acceptable.. slave ownership, rape, committing genocide on whomever god doesn't like at this particular time, etc.

Also, the whole 6000 light year thing is just a big case of shifting goalposts and yet another reason why creationism should be kept as far away from schools as possible.