The sin nature of man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2015, 03:51 PM
RE: The sin nature of man
(26-11-2015 03:24 PM)Esquilax Wrote:  ... And you can think of no more parsimonious an explanation of this than that the claims of that religion are necessarily true, and a magical being randomly decided to instill in you knowledge of that, despite all of that religion's use of free will as an attempt to dodge criticism? None at all?
That's the only possible explanation you're willing to entertain? Dodgy
Did I offer any explanation? I only described(because I was asked) to the best of my ability what happened.
I said:
1) I saw picture of Christ
2) I felt some power in my whole body
3) I was convinced that Christ is real, and......
4) It was like I was just reminded about something I already knew but forgot.
Do you see me offering any explanation?
This is how militant atheist from the USSR became a believer in God in a twinkling of an eye. I was convinced and nobody could convince me before. No man.
No man can convince me now that there is no God.
Even if LDS prophet told me now that there is no God I wouldn't believe him.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2015, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2015 04:01 PM by Alla.)
The same power convinced me that
1)Joseph Smith was true prophet of God
2) God Father has physical body of flesh and bones
3)There are Gods many
4)If I follow Christ I will be resurrected and return to God
5) We all lived with Father before we came on Earth
6) Fall of Adam is part of God's plan and many more things.
So, I hear doctrines of the Gospel of Christ and when this power "visits" me I am convinced they(doctrines) or principles are true
do I offer any explanation? No, I don't.

27-11-2015, 09:18 AM
(26-11-2015 03:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  The same power convinced me that
1)Joseph Smith was true prophet of God
2) God Father has physical body of flesh and bones
3)There are Gods many
4)If I follow Christ I will be resurrected and return to God
5) We all lived with Father before we came on Earth
6) Fall of Adam is part of God's plan and many more things.
So, I hear doctrines of the Gospel of Christ and when this power "visits" me I am convinced they(doctrines) or principles are true
do I offer any explanation? No, I don't.

Facepalm

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-11-2015, 09:45 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but I am just ignoring Alla from now on. I think it is pretty clear she is a Poe and I won't waste anymore time feeding the troll.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
27-11-2015, 11:13 AM
(26-11-2015 03:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  Did I offer any explanation? I only described(because I was asked) to the best of my ability what happened.
I said:
This is how militant atheist from the USSR became a believer in God in a twinkling of an eye. I was convinced and nobody could convince me before. No man.

If you became convinced that Christ was real, and you aren't at all questioning that conviction or the source of it, then evidently the explanation you accepted for that phenomena was distinctly Christ-flavored. I'm not going to play games with you over this. Dodgy
27-11-2015, 04:14 PM
(27-11-2015 11:13 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  If you became convinced that Christ was real, and you aren't at all questioning that conviction or the source of it, then evidently the explanation you accepted for that phenomena was distinctly Christ-flavored. I'm not going to play games with you over this. Dodgy
I am not asking anybody to play games with me.
I only share with you what I believe. I believe that this power was from God.
Do I have perfect knowledge that this power is from God? The honest answer is "no".
But something convinced me that Christ is real. No man can convince me that He is not real and that He doesn't live.

27-11-2015, 04:19 PM
(27-11-2015 09:45 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't know about the rest of you but I am just ignoring Alla from now on. I think it is pretty clear she is a Poe and I won't waste anymore time feeding the troll.

That is fine if you ignore me. It also doesn't matter what you think about me.
I am in this thread for one reason only. To explain to you that there are no claims in the Bible:
1) that there is the sin nature of man
2)men are born evil
3)there is original sin

You also learned that some atheists created "scientific atheism":lol: and they were brain washing Soviet people (including me) with this stuff.

27-11-2015, 04:27 PM
(26-11-2015 03:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-11-2015 03:24 PM)Esquilax Wrote:  ... And you can think of no more parsimonious an explanation of this than that the claims of that religion are necessarily true, and a magical being randomly decided to instill in you knowledge of that, despite all of that religion's use of free will as an attempt to dodge criticism? None at all?
That's the only possible explanation you're willing to entertain? Dodgy
Did I offer any explanation? I only described(because I was asked) to the best of my ability what happened.
I said:

It is step 3 that is the problem and is being questioned. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-11-2015, 04:51 PM
(27-11-2015 04:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is step 3 that is the problem and is being questioned. Drinking Beverage

I understand. I am not asking anybody not to question it. To question it is the right thing to do and the most reasonable.
I only share with you this: I can not question it because my conviction is too great. It was very powerful.
If you remember I said many times that Spirit or the Holy Ghost testifies to me about the truth.
So, I believe that this "something" or "some kind of power" is the Spirit that according to the scriptures teaches and testifies about the truth.
Do I have perfect knowledge that it is Spirit? The honest answer is "no".
But I call this "something that convinces me with great power" the Holy Ghost because it does to me what the scriptures say the Holy Ghost does.
If someone can convince me that there is some kind of explanation, please, let him/her do this.

27-11-2015, 07:46 PM
(27-11-2015 04:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 04:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is step 3 that is the problem and is being questioned. Drinking Beverage

I understand. I am not asking anybody not to question it. To question it is the right thing to do and the most reasonable.
I only share with you this: I can not question it because my conviction is too great. It was very powerful.
If you remember I said many times that Spirit or the Holy Ghost testifies to me about the truth.
So, I believe that this "something" or "some kind of power" is the Spirit that according to the scriptures teaches and testifies about the truth.
Do I have perfect knowledge that it is Spirit? The honest answer is "no".
But I call this "something that convinces me with great power" the Holy Ghost because it does to me what the scriptures say the Holy Ghost does.
If someone can convince me that there is some kind of explanation, please, let him/her do this.

Why do you believe the Scriptures? Because they describe a feeling you had or have?

That is a circular argument. And for you to not question it is not rational.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post