The sin nature of man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: The sin nature of man
(27-11-2015 04:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  But something convinced me that Christ is real. No man can convince me that He is not real and that He doesn't live.

Someone from another sect of Christianity that rejects Mormonism would say that something is Satan himself.

Those of us on this forum know it was simply emotions and misfiring brain chemistry.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-11-2015, 09:53 AM
(28-11-2015 06:51 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 04:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  But something convinced me that Christ is real. No man can convince me that He is not real and that He doesn't live.

Someone from another sect of Christianity that rejects Mormonism would say that something is Satan himself.

Those of us on this forum know it was simply emotions and misfiring brain chemistry.

To add to Inquisition's comment, people who are Hindu are convinced that their gods exist too and no one can dispel their belief. Religion is not based on evidence , it's based on faith which doesn't use evidence. If religion were actually based on evidence no religions would exist.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-11-2015, 06:12 PM
(28-11-2015 06:51 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
I know, what they say. But I don't believe that Satan would want an atheist to become a believer in Christ. Satan wouldn't want me to become a better person.
I also believe in good fruits and bad fruits. I believe that all good fruits(works) are from God or inspired by God.
I also believe that Satan is the source of fear, confusion and contention.
(28-11-2015 06:51 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Those of us on this forum know it was simply emotions and misfiring brain chemistry.
Of course. What else can you say? And may be you are right, but this brain chemistry made an atheist a believer in Christ. When brain chemistry convinces me that Christ is not real, that He doesn't live and doesn't love me, I will be an atheist again.
So far, my faith in Christ doesn't hurt me and those whom I love. Opposite, it makes quality of my life and those whom I love and serve much better.
My personal progress is evidence to me that my faith is not in vain. Why would why I reject something that only benefits me?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-11-2015, 06:24 PM
(27-11-2015 09:45 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't know about the rest of you but I am just ignoring Alla from now on. I think it is pretty clear she is a Poe and I won't waste anymore time feeding the troll.

I don't believe for one second Alla is a Poe or a troll. I like her. So sue me. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-11-2015, 06:25 PM
(28-11-2015 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  To add to Inquisition's comment, people who are Hindu are convinced that their gods exist too and no one can dispel their belief.
True. These people believe in their gods and only they know why they believe in them. We don't know this. Let them believe what they want.
(28-11-2015 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Religion is not based on evidence , it's based on faith which doesn't use evidence. If religion were actually based on evidence no religions would exist.
I believe that true religion is based on revelations from God. Without these revelations there is no true religion.

28-11-2015, 06:29 PM

Don't have an opinion one way or the other over whether some historical figure is real or not. And I don't believe in God other than ourselves. But I do know that The Word is real and is our only hope to save our sorry asses.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-11-2015, 06:30 PM
(27-11-2015 07:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you believe the Scriptures? Because they describe a feeling you had or have?
I believe the scriptures when "this power"/'something'/brain chemistry/Spirit convinces me that they are true.

28-11-2015, 06:32 PM
(28-11-2015 06:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't have an opinion one way or the other over whether some historical figure is real or not. But I do know that The Word is real and is our only hope to save our sorry asses.

amen
If I was The Word I would save your sorry ass Big Grin

28-11-2015, 07:53 PM
(28-11-2015 06:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  To add to Inquisition's comment, people who are Hindu are convinced that their gods exist too and no one can dispel their belief.
True. These people believe in their gods and only they know why they believe in them. We don't know this. Let them believe what they want.
(28-11-2015 09:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Religion is not based on evidence , it's based on faith which doesn't use evidence. If religion were actually based on evidence no religions would exist.
I believe that true religion is based on revelations from God. Without these revelations there is no true religion.

You have no proof...zero, zip, that your book is a revelation from an alien much less a god. You have less than diddly-squat evidence that the Babble is anything more than the product of the human imagination. You just believe because it makes you feel all fuzzy and warm. With that in mind you could throw a dart at the map of world religions and believe in the one it landed on, Buddhism or whatever, and with a little indoctrination you would have the same belief effects as you do now with Mormonism.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-11-2015, 04:05 PM
(28-11-2015 07:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You have no proof...zero, zip, that your book is a revelation from an alien much less a god. You have less than diddly-squat evidence that the Babble is anything more than the product of the human imagination. You just believe because it makes you feel all fuzzy and warm.
I agree with you that I can not present any proof. But I will correct you a little bit. I do not believe because it makes me feel fuzzy and warm. As a matter of fact it is far from feeling fuzzy and warm.
I am convinced first then I continue to believe it.
(28-11-2015 07:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  With that in mind you could throw a dart at the map of world religions and believe in the one it landed on, Buddhism or whatever, and with a little indoctrination you would have the same belief effects as you do now with Mormonism.
Of course I would. I believe that many false religions have parts of the truth. The same power/"something'/Spirit/brain chemistry would convince me that those parts are true and from God.
I felt Spirit/"convincing power" in the Orthodox church and in the Catholic church when I heard things that were true.
Even atheist can be convinced by this power somewhere outside of any religion. I know I was.