The sin nature of man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: The sin nature of man
(28-11-2015 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 06:51 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Someone from another sect of Christianity that rejects Mormonism would say that something is Satan himself.
I know, what they say. But I don't believe that Satan would want an atheist to become a believer in Christ.
Satan may want you to believe in a false god, for example Jesus.

(28-11-2015 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  Satan wouldn't want me to become a better person.
That's right, so steering you towards Christianity leads you away from the path of betterment and directly into the path of conflict with people that believe in other gods or no gods. It leads you towards holy wars and towards mistreatment of gay people etc. It seems to me that Satan would have much incentive to steer people towards Christianity or Islam or Hindu, many wars to be had there.

(28-11-2015 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  I also believe in good fruits and bad fruits. I believe that all good fruits(works) are from God or inspired by God.
And of course there is no way for you to determine what is a good fruit. You instead just assume that if your own religious leaders tell you it is good, then it is good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
29-11-2015, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 05:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-11-2015 06:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  I know, what they say. But I don't believe that Satan would want an atheist to become a believer in Christ. Satan wouldn't want me to become a better person.

That is exactly what Satan wants you to think. Listen to the words of the Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia the great and wonderful .... yeah, I got nothing.

"Have you seen evidence of the Devil lately?"
"You know, it is curious. In the Gospels, the Devil is doing all sorts of things. He’s making pigs run off cliffs, he’s possessing people and whatnot. And that doesn’t happen very much anymore."

"No."
"It’s because he’s smart."

"So what’s he doing now?"
"What he’s doing now is getting people not to believe in him or in God. He’s much more successful that way."

"That has really painful implications for atheists. Are you sure that’s the ­Devil’s work?"
"I didn’t say atheists are the Devil’s work."

"Well, you’re saying the Devil is ­persuading people to not believe in God. Couldn’t there be other reasons to not believe?"
"Well, there certainly can be other reasons. But it certainly favors the Devil’s desires. I mean, c’mon, that’s the explanation for why there’s not demonic possession all over the place. That always puzzled me. What happened to the Devil, you know? He used to be all over the place. He used to be all over the New Testament.

Right."
"What happened to him?"

"He just got wilier."
"He got wilier."

Dude didn't get the title Grand Deceiver for nothing. Just twisted a Supreme Court Justice's testicles into the world's first dual variococele. I like him. The shining one, light bearer.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-11-2015, 05:51 PM
(28-11-2015 06:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 09:45 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't know about the rest of you but I am just ignoring Alla from now on. I think it is pretty clear she is a Poe and I won't waste anymore time feeding the troll.

I don't believe for one second Alla is a Poe or a troll. I like her. So sue me. Tongue

Yabut, everyone knows you ain't quite right in the head. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
29-11-2015, 05:52 PM
(28-11-2015 06:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 07:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you believe the Scriptures? Because they describe a feeling you had or have?
I believe the scriptures when "this power"/'something'/brain chemistry/Spirit convinces me that they are true.

That happens only if you abandon reason.

You're a moron. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2015, 05:56 PM
(29-11-2015 05:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 06:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't believe for one second Alla is a Poe or a troll. I like her. So sue me. Tongue

Yabut, everyone knows you ain't quite right in the head. Dodgy

Thanks, buddy. I got your back too. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-11-2015, 06:12 PM
(29-11-2015 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 06:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe the scriptures when "this power"/'something'/brain chemistry/Spirit convinces me that they are true.

You're a moron. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 53066446.jpg]

How can we tell the difference?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Stevil
Alla
Let's say you are right. So, he lied to me. He deceived me.
Why does he want to deceive me? This is the question?
I know that if I want to deceive someone it means I don't love this person. I don't wish good to this person. This person will see bad fruits as a result of my deception.
I see only good fruits after this convincing power (I believe the Holy Ghost) testified to me that Christ is real, He lives and He loves me.

Stevil
And of course there is no way for you to determine what is a good fruit. You instead just assume that if your own religious leaders tell you it is good, then it is good.
Alla
Oh, I know what good fruit is. Good fruit is the one that helps me to be more kind, more compassionate, more wise, more loving, more giving, more willing to serve others, more forgiving, more talented, to be stronger, to be more whole. Even to be healthier. Even to be more in control of my body.

Stevil
That's right, so steering you towards Christianity leads you away from the path of betterment and directly into the path of conflict with people that believe in other gods or no gods. It leads you towards holy wars and towards mistreatment of gay people etc. It seems to me that Satan would have much incentive to steer people towards Christianity or Islam or Hindu, many wars to be had there.
Alla
My faith in Christ never led me towards holy wars, towards mistreatment of anyone. My faith in Christ leads me to love all people and to do good to all people.
My faith in Christ leads me to this:
Book of Mormon Mosiah 2:
17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom: that ye may learn that when ye are in service of your fellow beings ye are only in service of your God

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-11-2015, 06:17 PM
(29-11-2015 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 06:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe the scriptures when "this power"/'something'/brain chemistry/Spirit convinces me that they are true.

One of Alla's first sigs was "I don't reason so good. English is my third language. God save Mother Ukraine." ... or something like that.

(29-11-2015 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're a moron. Drinking Beverage

I question your judgment.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-11-2015, 06:33 PM
(29-11-2015 05:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, everyone knows you ain't quite right in the head. Dodgy
That was not kind and not true.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-11-2015, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 06:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-11-2015 06:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Stevil
Alla
Let's say you are right. So, he lied to me. He deceived me.

The bringer of light and the bringer of the word have been in cahoots since the gitgo. They played a long game. You weren't deceived, you were saved.

#sigh