The sin nature of man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: The sin nature of man
(25-11-2015 12:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 10:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I take it you're more *latter* than *saint*.
Dodgy
You are a pretty funny poe.

I don't even know who Poe is. I am reading, reading the definition and I still don't get it.
But I do like Edgar Poe's writings. Smile
If someone explains to me very well what it means and I see that I am Poe, I will admit it even if it will mean that everyone will ridicule me.

Here is the definition, which you could have found yourself by googling poe definition, and which I believe I have posted for you before, the last time you batted your eyes and claimed not to know what a Poe was.

Poe:

"A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing. Due to Poe's Law, it is almost impossible to tell if a person is a Poe unless they admit to it.
"The Bible is true because it's the inerrant word of God! I know because the Bible says so! Glory!"

Is this guy serious? He's got to be a poe."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2015, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2015 03:29 PM by Alla.)
(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You were an atheist?
Yes, I was. I even studied scientific atheism since 5th grade. Smile
(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Interesting, how did you come to theism?
I will tell you only because you ask. I know that it will mean nothing and it shouldn't. What happened supposed to convince only me and nobody else.
No, I didn't hear any voices and I never do. No, I didn't see any visions. No, no men could convince me that there is God. Even my great grandma. Smile
But one day some kind of power overcame me and I was convinced that:
1)Christ is real
2)He lives,
3) He loves me
and I felt love towards Him at that moment.
I couldn't explain what happened and I couldn't deny that something real happened to me.
So, this is the fact: an atheist in a twinkling of an eye became a believer.
(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I came to disbelieve religious myth because of the three global biblical myths:
The creation myth- blatantly unscientific unless you reinterpret every verse to make it fit scientific facts which it contradicts.
I understand. Trust me. And I agree with you that correct interpretation of the Bible is very important. I don't believe that you know this correct interpretation.
But even if you knew it it wouldn't convince you that there is God and Christ.. So, it doesn't matter whether you know it or not.

(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  And why such a derivative religion?
It starts with Sumerian-Babylonian-Judaism-Early Christianity-Roman Catholicism-Protestantism-Evangelical Protestantism-Mormonism- Various Mormon Sects.
Mormonism is a sect that is 9th in line of derivative religions. Why the 9th derivative and not the 1st or 2nd derivative?
Actually there is no such religion as Mormonism. But there is true Gospel of Jesus Christ and true Church of Jesus Christ. This is what I accept and believe.
And this religion as old as eternity. Gospel of Christ existed even before the foundation of the Earth.
In the 1st century this true Gospel was lost, more specifically many parts of it.
But God RESTORED His Gospel in these last days.
(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Was there any kind of rational process that makes the 9th derivative religion the best one?
Yes, it was, if I understand correctly what you mean by this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
25-11-2015, 03:36 PM
(25-11-2015 01:02 PM)julep Wrote:  Poe:
"A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing. Due to Poe's Law, it is almost impossible to tell if a person is a Poe unless they admit to it.
"The Bible is true because it's the inerrant word of God! I know because the Bible says so! Glory!"

Is this guy serious? He's got to be a poe."
Oh, thank you. I don't believe that the Bible or any scripture is true because it is inerrant word of God.
When I say "I know" I mean that I am convinced and can't deny it.

25-11-2015, 03:36 PM
(25-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Yes, I was. I even was studied scientific atheism since 5th grade. Smile
(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Interesting, how did you come to theism?
I will tell you only because you ask. I know that it will mean nothing and it shouldn't. What happened supposed to convince only me and nobody else.
No, I didn't hear any voices and I never do. No, I didn't see any visions. No, no men could convince me that there is God. Even my great grandma. Smile
But one day some kind of power overcame me and I was convinced that:
1)Christ is real
2)He lives,
3) He loves me
I couldn't explain what happened and I couldn't deny that something real happened to me.
(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I came to disbelieve religious myth because of the three global biblical myths:
The creation myth- blatantly unscientific unless you reinterpret every verse to make it fit scientific facts which it contradicts.
I understand. Trust me. And I agree with you that correct interpretation of the Bible is very important. I don't believe that you know this correct interpretation.
But even if you knew it it wouldn't convince you that there is God and Christ.. So, it doesn't matter whether you know it or not.

(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  And why such a derivative religion?
It starts with Sumerian-Babylonian-Judaism-Early Christianity-Roman Catholicism-Protestantism-Evangelical Protestantism-Mormonism- Various Mormon Sects.
Mormonism is a sect that is 9th in line of derivative religions. Why the 9th derivative and not the 1st or 2nd derivative?
Actually there is no such religion as Mormonism. But there is true Gospel of Jesus Christ and true Church of Jesus Christ. This is what I accept and believe.
And this religion as old as eternity. Gospel of Christ existed even before the foundation of the Earth.
In the 1st century this true Gospel was lost, more specifically many parts of it.
But God RESTORED His Gospel in these last days.
(24-11-2015 08:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Was there any kind of rational process that makes the 9th derivative religion the best one?
Yes, it was, if I understand correctly what you mean by this.

1)Naked assertion.
2) Naked assertion.
3)Naked assertion.

This entire post is one big naked assertion based on circular reasoning.

Here is where you fell for it "One day some kind of power overcame me"

Yep, the power of suggestion, lack of sense of filling whole, looked for an excuse to buy into it. Kids usually get indoctrinated into their local religion at birth, but it is not impossible for an adult to leave one religion for another, or think they are an atheist and fall for a religion later in life.

Hate to tell you this, but humans of other religions have that "feeling " that a "power overcame them" too. And humans also have a deep emotional connection to what they think is real. And people of other religions also quote their books.

But none of what you posted indicates evidence.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
25-11-2015, 04:08 PM
(25-11-2015 03:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Hate to tell you this, but humans of other religions have that "feeling " that a "power overcame them" too. And humans also have a deep emotional connection to what they think is real. And people of other religions also quote their books.

I agree with this 100%

25-11-2015, 04:09 PM
(25-11-2015 03:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Hate to tell you this, but humans of other religions have that "feeling " that a "power overcame them" too. And humans also have a deep emotional connection to what they think is real. And people of other religions also quote their books.

I agree with this 100%

25-11-2015, 04:18 PM
(25-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  But one day some kind of power overcame me and I was convinced that:
1)Christ is real
2)He lives,
3) He loves me

Yes an emotional experience, watch as little girls scream and are brought to tears by the group One Direction:

Watch as thousands sing and march for their Fuhrer:

Emotions- the gateway towards delusion and mass hysteria.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
25-11-2015, 05:13 PM
(25-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Yes, I was. I even studied scientific atheism since 5th grade. Smile

What is "scientific atheism"? Be specific. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-11-2015, 05:24 PM
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  There you go shifting the burden of proof again. You still fail to answer some basic questions that I have posed (and I am not the only one who has asked them).
I do not have to provide proof against it's existence, I am not saying there is definitely no god, I just find no argument compelling nor the "evidence" provided satisfactory. Please learn the difference.
Oh, I didn't know that I gave you an impression that I want to convince you to believe in God.
I only share with you what I believe to be true. I don't want to convince you in anything.
P.S. There is a reason why we have to live by faith in God and not by perfect knowledge. Do you know this reason?
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  What's wrong with this? Have you even READ Genesis 1 and 2? The Earth was not created before any of the stars,
Not true. There is no such claim in Genesis that the Earth was created before any of the stars. It is your personal conclusion.
Genesis claims that the Earth was created. Then stars were created. My question: how many stars were created and where (according to Genesis)? Do you have answers to these questions?
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  we have no evidence that it happened that way. We do however, have evidence that for billions of years, stars formed and died before our star and Earth were even born. This is a direct contradiction to what the book says so it is reasonable to think that the book was not written/inspired by a higher power who knew that we would figure that out eventually.
The book doesn't claim that the stars that God created were the only stars that exist in the eternity.
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Been there, done that. I, like many here, used to be a believer you know.
I believe you. I believe you asked. But you don't have an answer. Until you have no answer to this question all other questions about spiritual things like "the sin nature of men" which doesn't exist, can wait.
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Seriously? Try 1 John 1:9, Luke 13:3, Acts 3:19, 2 Peter 3:9, Acts 2:38, Luke 13:5 to name a few.
What is repentance in your understanding?
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Again, by what methodology do you differentiate from other claims of revelation that contradict what you think is revelation? Stop dodging and answer the damn question.
I will dodge this question and I will tell you why:
1) It doesn't matter what my methodology is. You don't need to know this. Even if I tell you it won't change a thing.
2) I am not trying to convince you to believe in God. I can't do this. I don't have this kind of power.
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Then why are there so many things in his word that demonstrate that the authors had no idea how the world worked?
May be because they didn't know how to explain to all those people who lived thousands of years ago what God showed/revealed to them about cosmos? May be God doesn't care what we think about how the world works because it will not effect our salvation? May be you don't understand what they said?
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  The bible says that you can breed goats by looking at particular sticks. FALSE
The bible says that you can cure leprosy by a blood sacrifice. FALSE
The entirety of Genesis 1 and 2 are FALSE.
The bible claims a worldwide flood. FALSE
The bible claims that there was a 3 hour eclipse. FALSE
Are you even thinking before you type?
I believe that God can do what mortal imperfect men would call "miracles". Things we can not comprehend. I accept those things as miracles. We don't know how everything works. WE can not explain many things.
The Bible is also full of symbolism and errors made by men(scribes and translators).
(24-11-2015 10:23 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  The main problem is that a large amount of the suffering in this world is cause because his precious creations can't agree on his nature or who he even is.
Yes. We are here to learn about suffering. We are here to learn how to work towards unity. It is one of many lesson we have to learn.
We are put in the situation on purpose when while we disagree we can choose between evil:
1)hate each other and fight
or good
2)learn to love each other and help each other no matter how disagree we are, and learn to compromise, and work together towards common goal - make this world a better place. We can do it even when we disagree on Who or what God is or is not.

25-11-2015, 05:31 PM
(25-11-2015 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, I was. I even studied scientific atheism since 5th grade. Smile

What is "scientific atheism"? Be specific. Drinking Beverage
I guess it was a creation of Soviet atheists. Basically they talked about a bunch of religions and explained about everything that is wrong with them. May be they were teaching something else but I don't remember.
I only remember that I really liked "scientific atheism".
Kind of like what many atheists do here on forum. I can say that Mark Fulton or GWG are professors of scientific atheism. Smile