The sin nature of man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 05:33 PM
RE: The sin nature of man
(25-11-2015 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 01:02 PM)julep Wrote:  Poe:
"A person who writes a parody of a Fundamentalist that is mistaken for the real thing. Due to Poe's Law, it is almost impossible to tell if a person is a Poe unless they admit to it.
"The Bible is true because it's the inerrant word of God! I know because the Bible says so! Glory!"

Is this guy serious? He's got to be a poe."
Oh, thank you. I don't believe that the Bible or any scripture is true because it is inerrant word of God.
When I say "I know" I mean that I am convinced and can't deny it.

What is meant by "I know" is not the point. The sentence about the Bible is something a poe might write. The poe is a persona, a character, someone faking being super-religious because it amuses them. Much like an old ugly guy pretending to be a cute 21-year-old female online.

The people on this forum who think you're a poe believe you are pretending about everything, that you are not in fact Mormon or in touch with any Spirit (and also they would doubt that you are a Ukrainian immigrant, or female). Whoever you are, you are certainly enjoying playing the character of Alla, and I agree that she's quite the creation. Some speculate that you're actually written by several people and that's why there are such dramatic shifts in your tone and diction.

IMO you're a poe, so you know all of this already. But if Girly is right and you're not a poe, I hope this explanation helps you understand how that word is used here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2015, 05:33 PM
(25-11-2015 04:18 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  But one day some kind of power overcame me and I was convinced that:
1)Christ is real
2)He lives,
3) He loves me
and I felt love towards Him at that moment.
I couldn't explain what happened and I couldn't deny that something real happened to me.
So, this is the fact: an atheist in a twinkling of an eye became a believer.

Yes an emotional experience, watch as little girls scream and are brought to tears by the group One Direction:

Watch as thousands sing and march for their Fuhrer:

Emotions- the gateway towards delusion and mass hysteria.

by the fruits(works) we can know what is good and what is evil

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
25-11-2015, 05:35 PM
double post.

25-11-2015, 05:39 PM
(25-11-2015 05:33 PM)julep Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, thank you. I don't believe that the Bible or any scripture is true because it is inerrant word of God.
When I say "I know" I mean that I am convinced and can't deny it.

What is meant by "I know" is not the point. The sentence about the Bible is something a poe might write. The poe is a persona, a character, someone faking being super-religious because it amuses them. Much like an old ugly guy pretending to be a cute 21-year-old female online.

The people on this forum who think you're a poe believe you are pretending about everything, that you are not in fact Mormon or in touch with any Spirit (and also they would doubt that you are a Ukrainian immigrant, or female). Whoever you are, you are certainly enjoying playing the character of Alla, and I agree that she's quite the creation. Some speculate that you're actually written by several people and that's why there are such dramatic shifts in your tone and diction.

IMO you're a poe, so you know all of this already. But if Girly is right and you're not a poe, I hope this explanation helps you understand how that word is used here.
Oh, thank you. Finally someone explained it to me.
No, I am not a Poe. GirlyMan is right.

25-11-2015, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2015 05:48 PM by julep.)
(25-11-2015 05:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 05:33 PM)julep Wrote:  What is meant by "I know" is not the point. The sentence about the Bible is something a poe might write. The poe is a persona, a character, someone faking being super-religious because it amuses them. Much like an old ugly guy pretending to be a cute 21-year-old female online.

Oh, thank you. Finally someone explained it to me.

Girly and I will have to agree to disagree on this one.
25-11-2015, 05:51 PM
I think I understand now why many people think I am Poe. Sometimes I am hurt, sometimes I am angry. It is not easy to be cool here.
Usually I say stupid, foolish things when I feel hurt or angry.
Most of the time I am calm and happy.

25-11-2015, 05:52 PM
(25-11-2015 05:44 PM)julep Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 05:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, thank you. Finally someone explained it to me.

Girly and I will have to agree to disagree on this one.
That's Ok. Smile

25-11-2015, 07:31 PM
The sin nature of man
But every Christian church or sect claims to be the True Church of Jesus. Even the churches I belonged to said that. And they had very little in common. Smile
25-11-2015, 08:01 PM
(25-11-2015 05:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 04:18 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Yes an emotional experience, watch as little girls scream and are brought to tears by the group One Direction:

Watch as thousands sing and march for their Fuhrer:

Emotions- the gateway towards delusion and mass hysteria.

by the fruits(works) we can know what is good and what is evil

I think that was the thing in regards to my exit from a faith-based viewpoint. I realized that no one could really tell the difference between a charlatan's fruits or a true believer's fruits, they all came from the same place. This place was the realm of the spirit guided by subjective feelings, this was not a way of determining truth, it was a way to fool yourself and others that believed in their ability to discern the spirit.

I sat in the congregation for years waiting on someone to show a truly divine wisdom, it never happened, all I saw were imperfect humans making guesses based on their feelings. I saw some people make truly stupid decisions while proclaiming they were led by the spirit. I saw these people crash and burn while being led by the spirit, I realized they were listening to nothing but themselves. They were incapable of making decisions that were any better than someone without the spirit's guidance. I noticed those that set aside being led by the spirit and made decisions based on their knowledge seemed to fare better than those that were led by this spirit.
The correlation was the more "led by the spirit" you were, the worse you fared, the more you were led by knowledge and common sense, the better you fared.
In short , I falsified the whole idea of using feelings or spirits leading you to do anything.

This has results in the real world that are objectively demonstrable:

[Image: bls-research-education-pays-2010.png]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
25-11-2015, 08:37 PM
(25-11-2015 08:01 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 05:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  by the fruits(works) we can know what is good and what is evil
I realized that no one could really tell the difference between a charlatan's fruits or a true believer's fruits, they all came from the same place.
You can. That is why you became an atheist. You did the best you could.
(25-11-2015 08:01 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I sat in the congregation for years waiting on someone to show a truly divine wisdom, it never happened, all I saw were imperfect humans making guesses based on their feelings.
You have made right decision when you left religion. I will tell you why you made right decision:
it was an honest decision and you saw some bad fruits.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post