The sin nature of man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: The sin nature of man
(25-11-2015 07:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  But every Christian church or sect claims to be the True Church of Jesus. Even the churches I belonged to said that. And they had very little in common. Smile
Yes, it is true. That is why when you honestly believe that there is no way to find out which one is true, it is totally fine to stay away from all of them.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
25-11-2015, 11:24 PM
(25-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, I was. I even studied scientific atheism since 5th grade. Smile

I smell a POE POE.

Not even a hardcore fundie would say something this stupid. I have to give you credit, it is very hard to pick up on.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
25-11-2015, 11:48 PM
I actually thought the 'How do Santa's reindeer fly' analogy was quite a good one.

Also, by what mechanism did Zeus turn into a bull?

That's probably why Chas in post #7 asked, essentially: "so what?"

The fact that the Alla-consortium also recognised the triviality of analysing a myth is somewhat revealing (not revealing to her, of course ... obviously).

Big Grin

So perhaps the deeper and separate question is why some people hold onto the idea of flying reindeer when they should know better.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-11-2015, 12:26 AM
(25-11-2015 08:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  ... That is why when you honestly believe that there is no way to find out which one is true, it is totally fine to stay away from all of them.

That's why I no longer worship. All religions have too many holes. And I've been a part of Christianity a few times, been a kabbalist, wrote much about my beliefs (back then), and studied others. None fit the bill.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
26-11-2015, 01:54 AM
@Alla,
How did you get your personal experience? Were you seeking or had asked anything of God before receiving that experience?
What are the alternate explanations you have looked into for your personal-experience that turned you into a theist?
How do you explain people receiving similar experiences as to what you described, yet reaching different conclusions?

[Image: 004.sig]
26-11-2015, 02:24 AM
(26-11-2015 01:54 AM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  How do you explain people receiving similar experiences as to what you described, yet reaching different conclusions?

They're deluded Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Aoi Magi
How did you get your personal experience?
Alla
I remember I was standing in the room and I saw a picture on a wall. It was face of Christ in black and white print. I saw pictures of Christ before. I didn't care about them. Then suddenly this thing happened. Something strange filed my whole body and I remember it was like I just discovered something surprising. I quietly but very excitedly said: Ah, He is real, He lives and He loves me and I love Him, too. I know it. I know it".

Aoi Magi
Were you seeking or had asked anything of God before receiving that experience?
Alla
No, I didn't. Atheists like I was do not seek God/gods. I didn't ask about God.

Aoi Magi
What are the alternate explanations you have looked into for your personal-experience that turned you into a theist?
Alla
I didn't look for any explanations. All I know that I didn't believe in any gods until some kind of power or let's call it "something" convinced me that Jesus Christ is real and that He lives and that He loves me and I was filled with love towards Him. It was like I knew it before but completely forgot about it and I was just reminded.

Aoi Magi
How do you explain people receiving similar experiences as to what you described, yet reaching different conclusions?
Alla
1) I do not explain other people experiences. I don't have to explain other people experiences. It is none of my business.
2) I didn't come to conclusion that Christ is real and that He lives and that He loves me and that I love Him. I was convinced. The only conclusion I have made was this: if Jesus Christ is real than God Father is real. Many years later I found out in the Scripture that children of God Father can come to Him through Christ only.
3) Do you have any examples that someone would have experience that I had and came to different conclusion? and what kind of different conclusions are you talking about? name some, please.

26-11-2015, 03:22 PM
There is no claim in the Bible that:

1) there is such thing as "the sin nature of man"
2) there is such thing as "original sin"
3) men are born evil/with sin
4) God created earth before any stars.
5) God punished Adam and Eve after they partook of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.
there are many other things that the Bible doesn't claim but some people assume it does.

26-11-2015, 03:24 PM
(26-11-2015 03:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  Aoi Magi
How did you get your personal experience?
Alla
I remember I was standing in the room and I saw a picture on a wall. It was face of Christ in black and white print. I saw pictures of Christ before. I didn't care about them. Then suddenly this thing happened. Something strange filed my whole body and I remember it was like I just discovered something surprising. I quietly but very excitedly said: Ah, He is real, He lives and He loves me and I love Him, too. I know it. I know it".

... And you can think of no more parsimonious an explanation of this than that the claims of that religion are necessarily true, and a magical being randomly decided to instill in you knowledge of that, despite all of that religion's use of free will as an attempt to dodge criticism? None at all?

That's the only possible explanation you're willing to entertain? Dodgy
26-11-2015, 03:41 PM
(25-11-2015 11:24 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, I was. I even studied scientific atheism since 5th grade. Smile

I smell a POE POE.

Not even a hardcore fundie would say something this stupid. I have to give you credit, it is very hard to pick up on.

http://www.slideshare.net/annisamedika/d...2-43342393
They taught us scientific atheism in every school. When I was in 5th grade my parents were forced to buy magazine "Scientific Atheism" for children. I loved to read that magazine, though. I loved how they bombarded every stinky religion(this opium for the people) Evil_monster