The so-called original sin (and god creating things it hates)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 02:59 PM
The so-called original sin (and god creating things it hates)
I was reading some things, and thinking, and it made me wonder a few things.... like why would a deity create something it hates? Like with "god" (according to the bible/stories of course)...

he created....
... yeast that he hates at times?
... foreskins that he apparently dislikes on some?
... prefers some things over others (thinking he preferred animal sacrifice to vegetables--might be wrong here)?

For that matter, even created a tree of knowledge that he didn't want people to do anything with. Then he blames and condemns all humans for eating from it (or disobeying him, whichever). Although this has recently bugged me when I ran across something, such as some theists say the story of creation is a metaphor, which means original sin doesn't exist, which makes people have nothing needing forgiveness for (shy of the commandments maybe, but then "which"), which makes jesus pointless, and probably nothing in the new testament even needed.

So, exactly how do theists explain this? Just wondering really.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
01-08-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: The so-called original sin (and god creating things it hates)
(01-08-2012 02:59 PM)elemts Wrote:  I was reading some things, and thinking, and it made me wonder a few things.... like why would a deity create something it hates? Like with "god" (according to the bible/stories of course)...

he created....
... yeast that he hates at times?
... foreskins that he apparently dislikes on some?
... prefers some things over others (thinking he preferred animal sacrifice to vegetables--might be wrong here)?

For that matter, even created a tree of knowledge that he didn't want people to do anything with. Then he blames and condemns all humans for eating from it (or disobeying him, whichever). Although this has recently bugged me when I ran across something, such as some theists say the story of creation is a metaphor, which means original sin doesn't exist, which makes people have nothing needing forgiveness for (shy of the commandments maybe, but then "which"), which makes jesus pointless, and probably nothing in the new testament even needed.

So, exactly how do theists explain this? Just wondering really.

Or how he knows everything. Past, present, and future, but proceeded to make the devil anyway. He is either a cluts or a real dick.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
This fictional character is not a good god. Never has been. Read Isaiah 45:7 - He's the creator of evil and proud of it.
This character is the king of lies and hatred, spewing it constantly. A character that commits atrocities, genocides and gives rules on how to not whip your slave to death, but if the slave should die, well, that's unfortunate.

This fictional character is one of the worst in literature.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 10:15 PM by Diogenes of Mayberry.)
elemts, you are conflating too many issues that don't belong together.

The Tree of Life, along with the motif of the serpent, was plagiarized by the writer of the Genesis tale (circa 5th century BCE) from the Epic of Gilgamesh, written in ancient Sumeria, circa 3rd millennium BCE. This rip-off is laid out in The Birth of Satan by T.J. Wray.

Additionally, Joseph Campbell points out in The Power of Myth, 'Now the snake in most cultures is given a positive interpretation. . . . The serpent represents the power of life engaged in the field of time, and of death, yet eternally alive. . . .
. . . The serpent, who dies and is resurrected, shedding its skin and renewing its life, is the lord of the central tree, where time and eternity come together. . . . The Garden is the serpent’s place. It is an old, old story. We have Sumerian seals from as early as 3500 B.C. showing the serpent and the tree and the goddess, with the goddess giving the fruit of life to a visiting male.'

Campbell goes on to say, ". . . The idea of the supernatural as being something over and above the natural is a killing idea. In the Middle Ages this was the idea that finally turned that world into something like a wasteland, a land where people were living inauthentic lives, never doing a thing they truly wanted to because the supernatural laws required them to live as directed by their clergy. In a wasteland, people are fulfilling purposes that are not properly theirs but have been put upon them as inescapable laws. This is a killer. . . . The spirit is really the bouquet of life. It is not something breathed into life, it comes out of life. This is one of the glorious things about the mother-goddess religions, where the world is the body of the Goddess, divine in itself, and divinity isn't something ruling over and above a fallen nature. . . .
. . . However, our story of the Fall in the Garden sees nature as corrupt; and that myth corrupts the whole world for us. Because nature is thought of as corrupt, every spontaneous act is sinful and must not be yielded to. You get a totally different civilization and a totally different way of living according to whether your myth presents nature as fallen or whether nature is in itself a manifestation of divinity, and the spirit is the revelation of the divinity that is inherent in nature."

The doctrine of original sin was formulated by that blithering, blinded idiot, Augustine in the 5th century CE, as a justification for the virgin birth to show that Jesus avoided original sin, based on the passage in Paul's Romans 5:12, ‘Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.’ Augustine was forced to admit unbaptized babies would go to hell, when challenged by another Bishop to defend his insane doctrine, because they carried the stain of original sin.

This led to centuries of mentally anguished parents needlessly worrying themselves over their dearly departed infants. Which led the charlatans at the Vatican to invent (Bill Maher, "This just in...") limbo to circumvent this unfortunate and inconvenient situation. Finally, in 2007, after years of wasted time and energy by a council of theologians who apparently had nothing more important to do, announced in "The Hope Of Salvation For Infants Who Die Without Baptism" that basically Augustine was wrong, and that they "hope" God's love would prevent this sad state of affairs. Or, as Sam Harris stated in Letter to a Christian Nation, "How can any educated person think this is anything but a hilarious, terrifying and unconscionable waste of time?"

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Oh, and I view a lot of the bible as plagiarized, copied, "improved on previous versions" or whatnot after seeing and hearing a number of things. Granted having a number of priests say it's just a collection of stores drastically changed my thinking of it too.
02-08-2012, 07:53 AM
I think I've had this all wrong. I was looking for an original sin to commit, you know, one I made up all by myself...I'm starting to think I don't have the orginal sin concept down.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post