The solution to ending "racism" - Mix 'em up!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: The solution to ending "racism" - Mix 'em up!
(30-08-2013 10:04 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Racial mixing is usually beneficial and gives healthier and more intelligent offsping. Some racial mixes are better than others. I think european and asian work quite well.

The has been a little bit of research done on some combinations. Some seem to be better than others.

Not to be funny but your racial diversity doesn't make you intelligent. That's actually pretty racist thinking. And if that were so you'd think I would be a genius.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2013, 12:57 PM
(31-08-2013 12:48 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(30-08-2013 10:04 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Racial mixing is usually beneficial and gives healthier and more intelligent offsping. Some racial mixes are better than others. I think european and asian work quite well.

The has been a little bit of research done on some combinations. Some seem to be better than others.

Not to be funny but your racial diversity doesn't make you intelligent. That's actually pretty racist thinking. And if that were so you'd think I would be a genius.

Nuh uh! Mixing Asian and African gets you Nike endorsements. Tiger is the best Pokemon ever.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
Find all posts by this user
31-08-2013, 01:20 PM
(31-08-2013 12:48 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/...retty-face

Wtf? Go learn something before you make wild accusations. You know nothing about me so how can you make such a claim.

Science is not racist.

Diverse genetic ancestry enhances health in the same way that inbreeding reduces healthy offspring.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
31-08-2013, 01:46 PM
(31-08-2013 01:20 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 12:48 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Not to be funny but your racial diversity doesn't make you intelligent. That's actually pretty racist thinking. And if that were so you'd think I would be a genius.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/...retty-face

Wtf? Go learn something before you make wild accusations. You know nothing about me so how can you make such a claim.

Science is not racist.

Diverse genetic ancestry enhances health in the same way that inbreeding reduces healthy offspring.

But those aren't quite the same claims, are they? You began by saying not only healthier but more intelligent (and that 'some mixes are better than others'). The (unsourced) article you cite discusses attractiveness (for a very nebulously defined 'mixed race' category) and barely alludes to overall health.

Regardless of what you meant to say, such a cursory statement is open to misinterpretation.

... this is my signature!
01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
As a follow up to the CNN vid I posted earlier

01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
BrokenQuill92, another excellent video which I watched in its entirety.

We are all human and using odd and inappropriate means to segregate ourselves from our common needs is unethical.

I am tempted, I am a white male, to offer you several songs from the african american genre because I love it so much. I will instead offer only offer this quote from Curtis Mayfield "we're a winner". We will all be winners when we shed the foolishness of division and accept our commonness.

I must point out that as a african american man pointed out to me once at at a tavern in Oakland I was more pink than white and he was much more a dark chocolate than black. That sort of conversation is necessary in a racially divided country.
01-09-2013, 06:15 PM
(01-09-2013 03:13 PM)JAH Wrote:  BrokenQuill92, another excellent video which I watched in its entirety.

We are all human and using odd and inappropriate means to segregate ourselves from our common needs is unethical.

I am tempted, I am a white male, to offer you several songs from the african american genre because I love it so much. I will instead offer only offer this quote from Curtis Mayfield "we're a winner". We will all be winners when we shed the foolishness of division and accept our commonness.

I must point out that as a african american man pointed out to me once at at a tavern in Oakland I was more pink than white and he was much more a dark chocolate than black. That sort of conversation is necessary in a racially divided country.
What I find amazing is that racial identity seems to be nearly neutralized in the eyes of society as of my blindness, not that I don't get the "What are you?" or more often "Where are you from?" My answers are usually "I'm Alaina/an artist/your worst nightmare." and to the other "I'm from Euclid Ohio (I live in Tennessee now and my high pitched east coast accent that sounds "white" to people brings up questions) / Narnia/a galaxy far far away!"
I am now likely to face discrimination because of disability than for being brown.
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM

02-09-2013, 04:10 PM