The solution to science arguments against creations age.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: The solution to science arguments against creations age.
No, I'm afraid you missed the point of the logic exercise, in the mind of the faithful evidence is NOT required the self reinforcing logic circle is their reality. I agree with the conversion issue, you can't do it in a single shot... But that's about what 90% of atheist based posts on the Internet are about. Mocking them or shameing them into conversion.

It's all about the kids, most people I think would agree with this, and THAT is where I have a problem with the general attitude I see from the general atheist population. I see harsh denouncements and some of the worst bullying from atheists. Children should be taught to be critical thinkers but they should NEVER be taught to mock and belittle someone or their faith regardless of how strongly they believe in something.

If atheism in the end 'wins' by the methods I see most commonly used we'll be raising a whole new breed of monsters; I already see it happening. There's far more middle ground than rabid theists or atheists will ever admit to and that middle ground is the ONLY place we'll ever come to a consensus about how the human race should proceed without destroying itself.

(22-03-2014 02:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 02:16 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  I think you missed the point, the construct requires no evidence. What you think of as logic is not the same as what other people do, we use different logic there is no absolute logic.
Nope sorry, evidence is required not logic.

(22-03-2014 02:16 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  You can refute that as much as you'd like, and in general I would agree with you, but this it he kernel of understanding that rabid theists hold on to and it's not possible to argue with it.

Rabid theists are usually too deep to be converted in a single try

(22-03-2014 02:16 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  It's so important to understand this when dealing with people of differing opinions beliefs/whatever..

That's why I laugh at most anti-theists efforts... They can NEVER work to convert theists into atheists.

I'm sure the young are laughing at both trenches.

Ah but most efforts are not against the ones yelling but the listeners in the wings.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2014, 03:10 PM
I think a large portion of the theist population would disagree with you. I see atheists that used to have faith preach to the faith community with the same essential goals of mocking their beliefs and understanding to guilt them into changing their frame of mind...

Human psychology doesn't work like that, never has never will. You can not force regardless of methods someone to change their mind, they have to want to change it for themselves and I see that not happening in most atheist communities.

(22-03-2014 02:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 02:16 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  That's why I laugh at most anti-theists efforts... They can NEVER work to convert theists into atheists.

Who the heck wants to convert theists into atheists? Not me.

It's theists who keep trying to convert people. I think everyone should believe/not believe whatever they want.
24-03-2014, 03:35 PM
(24-03-2014 03:06 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  No, I'm afraid you missed the point of the logic exercise,

WHAT logic exercise.

Quote: in the mind of the faithful evidence is NOT required the self reinforcing logic circle is their reality.

Time to give up this JAQoff pretense.

Quote: I agree with the conversion issue, you can't do it in a single shot... But that's about what 90% of atheist based posts on the Internet are about. Mocking them or shameing them into conversion.

*shaming

You don't know that. I don't give a fuck if you idiots give up your superstitions, as long as you stay the fuck away from me and mine.

Quote:It's all about the kids, most people I think would agree with this, and THAT is where I have a problem with the general attitude I see from the general atheist population. I see harsh denouncements and some of the worst bullying from atheists.

Oh, you xtards are really soooooooo persecuted.

https://www.laaclu.org/press/2014/012214.htm

Quote: Children should be taught to be critical thinkers but they should NEVER be taught to mock and belittle someone or their faith regardless of how strongly they believe in something.

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -- Thomas Jefferson

Boo Fucking Hoo.

Quote:If atheism in the end 'wins' by the methods I see most commonly used we'll be raising a whole new breed of monsters; I already see it happening. There's far more middle ground than rabid theists or atheists will ever admit to and that middle ground is the ONLY place we'll ever come to a consensus about how the human race should proceed without destroying itself.

Shove your pathetic Tone Argument up your ass and hit the fucking road.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-03-2014, 03:40 PM
(24-03-2014 03:10 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 02:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  Who the heck wants to convert theists into atheists? Not me.

It's theists who keep trying to convert people. I think everyone should believe/not believe whatever they want.
I think a large portion of the theist population would disagree with you.

Yeah, you theists who want US to believe what YOU believe -- spreading your mental disease to everyone is an integral part of your dogma.

Quote:I see atheists that used to have faith preach to the faith community with the same essential goals of mocking their beliefs and understanding to guilt them into changing their frame of mind...

I don't say fuck to the "faith community" unless you show up here spewing your shit in this forum.

Quote:Human psychology doesn't work like that, never has never will.

And yet you bastards still show up here spewing your shit. Drich shows up with his "Your Judgement Day Strategy" bullshit, just as ONE example. You only see what you fucking want to see.

Quote: You can not force regardless of methods someone to change their mind, they have to want to change it for themselves and I see that not happening in most atheist communities.

Hard to see with your head up your ass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-03-2014, 04:47 PM
(24-03-2014 03:06 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  No, I'm afraid you missed the point of the logic exercise, in the mind of the faithful evidence is NOT required the self reinforcing logic circle is their reality. I agree with the conversion issue, you can't do it in a single shot... But that's about what 90% of atheist based posts on the Internet are about. Mocking them or shameing them into conversion.

It's all about the kids, most people I think would agree with this, and THAT is where I have a problem with the general attitude I see from the general atheist population. I see harsh denouncements and some of the worst bullying from atheists. Children should be taught to be critical thinkers but they should NEVER be taught to mock and belittle someone or their faith regardless of how strongly they believe in something.

If atheism in the end 'wins' by the methods I see most commonly used we'll be raising a whole new breed of monsters; I already see it happening. There's far more middle ground than rabid theists or atheists will ever admit to and that middle ground is the ONLY place we'll ever come to a consensus about how the human race should proceed without destroying itself.

Atheists teaching children to mock and belittle someone's faith? I have NEVER seen anything of the sort. Can you show me some citations of such occurrences? You talk about this as though it is a common everyday thing that happens all over the place in everyday society. Not only that, but I have NEVER come across an atheist standing out in public preaching about how people need to become atheists. I have NEVER seen an atheist going door to door saying they want to discuss atheism with that person hoping to convert them. I sure as hell have seen more Bible thumpers doing that shit than I can count.

What you seem to have a problem with is atheists not treating theists with kid gloves. Why do theists get to spew their shit everywhere, calling atheists evil demons, but if an atheist calls them out on their bullshit, then the atheist is the one being hateful? Sorry, but you don't get to spew your religious bullshit everywhere telling people what they need to believe and not believe, then turn around and cry foul like some spoiled brat that didn't get their way, all because somebody retaliated and called you out on your bullshit.

Theist trolls come on this site to start shit and think that they are somehow going to convert people and make atheists look like fools. You know what? It NEVER happens! They get called out on their bullshit all the time and constantly dodge questions because they can't make any reasonable responses (if they make ANY kind of response, it's almost always some Bible verse they cite, and it's the most common way that theists give a response while still dodging the question). If they don't like it, then they shouldn't be coming to an atheist forum spewing their religious garbage that they've been brainwashed into believing. I don't know a single member on this forum that gives a flying fuck about converting theists into atheists. That is not why this forum is here. If we never get another theist troll posting on this board again, you sure as hell won't hear anybody on here bitching about it.

Theists aren't allowed to get a free pass when it comes to them bombarding people with their religious views, whether it be out in a public area, or all over the internet. If they are going get on their soapbox and preach their crap about how everybody needs to follow their ways, then they have absolutely no right to turn around and bitch when somebody calls them out on their hypocritical bullshit. If a theist doesn't want to be criticized for their preaching, then they need to keep that shit to themselves. Don't go trying to make atheists look like hateful people simply because they respond and call out the theists on their hypocrisy.

A little advice for theists: If you're going to go around spewing your beliefs and criticizing those that don't share your beliefs, then this is the first rule that you should follow:

Don't dish it if you can't take it!

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 5 users Like WindyCityJazz's post