The solution to science arguments against creations age.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: The solution to science arguments against creations age.
(06-03-2014 04:17 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  This is just a thought exercise type question not a belief or opinion but...

If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?
Plausible? No. Possible, yes, but why...?

And, of course, there is no god so there's that too.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
06-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Quote:If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?

If he can plant gazillions of photons all over the universe to make it look like they were emitted by stars, plant background radiation and stars and planets.
Plant evidence for millions of species which never existed.
Basically he had to plant every evidence manually to make it look like the universe is 14 billion years old including evidence of things which never existed in the last 6000 years.
I added the bible because I thought it's where you got those 6000 years but even without the bible it's completely fucking retarded.
06-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Justify that viewpoint from a logical or empirical point of view rather than an emotional irrational one.

(06-03-2014 04:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No.
Period.
06-03-2014, 05:06 PM
(06-03-2014 05:04 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  Justify that viewpoint from a logical or empirical point of view rather than an emotional irrational one.

(06-03-2014 04:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No.
Period.

There is no empirical evidence that universe was designed by anyone 6000 years ago. And based on this idea god would specifically remove all the empirical evidence therefore making it unfalsifiable.
From logical approach it would make more sense to assume the universe is 14 billion years old based on what we observe and not 6000 years old on some unfalsifiable fantasy. So even from logical and empirical view it's still completely fucking retarded.
06-03-2014, 05:40 PM
If God did implant the observable universe and the bible, what would be learned from it by man? THAT is a good question.

Mock anything you like about other creationist statements or the bible itself. But the original question still stands, as it has NOTHING to to do with the bible, or your beliefs.

(06-03-2014 05:02 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
Quote:If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?

If he can plant gazillions of photons all over the universe to make it look like they were emitted by stars, plant background radiation and stars and planets.
Plant evidence for millions of species which never existed.
Basically he had to plant every evidence manually to make it look like the universe is 14 billion years old including evidence of things which never existed in the last 6000 years.
I added the bible because I thought it's where you got those 6000 years but even without the bible it's completely fucking retarded.
06-03-2014, 05:42 PM
From a LOGICALLY empirical result of the known observable universe...

I'm not trying to prove anything here, but I understand your thoughts. What you don't understand is that the theist, or a believer has NO concept of empirical knowledge regardless of statements.

I assure you many anti-theists statements are just as bad.

(06-03-2014 05:06 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 05:04 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  Justify that viewpoint from a logical or empirical point of view rather than an emotional irrational one.

There is no empirical evidence that universe was designed by anyone 6000 years ago. And based on this idea god would specifically remove all the empirical evidence therefore making it unfalsifiable.
From logical approach it would make more sense to assume the universe is 14 billion years old based on what we observe and not 6000 years old on some unfalsifiable fantasy. So even from logical and empirical view it's still completely fucking retarded.
06-03-2014, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 05:49 PM by donotwant.)
Ok I answer your original question

We don't even know if it's possible because we never examined God.
So no it's not a solution to anything.

Quote:If God did implant the observable universe and the bible, what would be learned from it by man? THAT is a good question.
It's not a good question until you prove that bible was planted by God.
06-03-2014, 05:57 PM
(06-03-2014 04:17 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  This is just a thought exercise type question not a belief or opinion but...

If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?

Only if one were desperately trying to hold onto a delusion. Look if you're going to assume there is an all powerful god then I guess anything would be plausible. Isn't it much more plausible that the Universe is as old as it appears to be according to multiple lines of evidence?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
06-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Why stop at 6000, why not yesterday, or five minutes ago, or just NOW! amazing! we're just been actually born! happy birthday everyone!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 6 users Like nach_in's post
06-03-2014, 06:35 PM
(06-03-2014 06:17 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Why stop at 6000, why not yesterday, or five minutes ago, or just NOW! amazing! we're just been actually born! happy birthday everyone!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Last_Thursdayism

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post