The solution to science arguments against creations age.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: The solution to science arguments against creations age.
As you sit in front of your computer, ask yourself which is more plausible.

A) You are sitting in front of your computer
or
B) You are and always have been on the holodeck of the star ship Enterprise

We can mentally invent all kinds of situations that make us doubt that reality really is the way we observe it to be.
The big question is, why do you want to bend the truth about reality and call it a lie ?
The answer is that some people prefer a fantasy that is under their control to actual reality that isn't.

When you have a belief in a god, you are in complete control of that belief.
You can alter your god and your beliefs to fit anything you want.

So when you pose this question, what you are really asking is "Can my beliefs alter reality" ?
The answer is NO, they can't.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 07:56 PM
(06-03-2014 06:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 06:17 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Why stop at 6000, why not yesterday, or five minutes ago, or just NOW! amazing! we're just been actually born! happy birthday everyone!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Last_Thursdayism

Dammit. You beat me to it.

Sceadwian, yes, it's possible but it's not compelling. It's also possible he made it 14 billion years ago and planted a bunch of agents to convince us that it's 6,000 years old, and all of the fundies in this world are actually his agents trying to trick us. That, too, as humorous as I find it isn't compelling.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-03-2014, 08:18 PM
(06-03-2014 04:58 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  <slaps forehead>

You didn't even bother to fully read the original post did you?

(06-03-2014 04:55 PM)donotwant Wrote:  What exercise?

If he didn't that's because it's fucking stupid.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-03-2014, 08:24 PM
You can't make the statement 'created 6000 years ago' then tell donotwant he can't use the Bible.

If you're correct, you have just invented the creationists paradox, which we shall affectionately call, 'the fuckwits conundrum'.

TFC is as follows.
The world is 6000 years old.
The Bible is infallible.

Creationists believe the world is 6000 years old based on calculating life spans from and including Adam. Hence it's OK for dnw to reference the Bible.

What you are proposing is:-
1. Genesis is incorrect. (Therefore creationism fails by disproving its own book at chapter 1)
2. Genesis is correct, disproving your proposition.

For your proposition to even be considered. You need to start at the start. You assume god exists. I do not accept this. So considering anything beyond that is pointless. You need to prove his existence first. Otherwise I can state the following with as much validity and DEMAND you only answer with logic and reason, no emotion.

My proposition.

Millions of years ago, one of your ancestors was dropped on his head at birth. This gave him brain damage and impeded his cellular development. The sperm he produced caused a defect in his lineage and his descendents are all stupid.

My hypothesis is as strong as yours without proof.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 5 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
06-03-2014, 08:34 PM
(06-03-2014 08:24 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  My proposition.

Millions of years ago, one of your ancestors was dropped on his head at birth. This gave him brain damage and impeded his cellular development. The sperm he produced caused a defect in his lineage and his descendents are all stupid.

My hypothesis is as strong as yours without proof.
[Image: ross-laughing.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
06-03-2014, 08:41 PM
May I ask, respectfully, why you proposed the thought experiment?

Doc
06-03-2014, 08:51 PM
(06-03-2014 04:17 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  This is just a thought exercise type question not a belief or opinion but...

If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?

Congratulations, you've just taken the already highly illogical concept of God, and taken it to new realms of absurdity.

You have, with just a few keystrokes, completely demolished any chance of convincing me there is a god.

Because, quite simply, all you theists are completely and totally FUCKING INSANE!

And you wonder why atheists laugh at you...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
06-03-2014, 09:09 PM
(06-03-2014 04:17 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  This is just a thought exercise type question not a belief or opinion but...

If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?

Or the universe could have been created 15 seconds ago and made to look like its 14 billion years old. I suppose 15 seconds or 6000 years could be possible but there's no reason to think that either is the case.
06-03-2014, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 09:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-03-2014 04:53 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  Bucky Ball, you don't get to consider yourself a free thinking human being say 'no' and stomp away, clarify your opinion within the context of the excercise.

So you're pissed I won't play your fool's game ?
Dismissing preposterous bullshit is neither "stomping away" nor refusing to "think"
Does the idea of a 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto deserve 3 seconds thought ?
Does a teapot orbiting the sun deserve an answer ?
No.

There are mountains of evidence for both the age of the Earth and the age of the universe. There is no coherent definition or meaning of the three letter word pronounced "gawd". It's essentially a meaningless pile of drivel. There is NOTHING about that supposed "being" that passes the bullshit test.

BTW, "exercise" is not spelled "excercise".
I get plenty of exercise. I don't need to engage in finger calisthenics for idiots.

I'll give you a little "exercise".
a. What dimension(s) are REQUIRED, along with a "being" (ie needed concurrently) for a "being" to be a "being" (in the first place) which "knows" anything, (much less everything) and which "does" anything ? What does it mean to "know" something and "do" something ?
b. What does that imply about that "being".
c. Now define what it means for a "being" to exist, and in doing so, use NO reference to the requirement in (the answer) to "a".
Take your time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-03-2014, 09:41 PM

You are fallaciously begging the question of such a mythical being's existence.

And you are LYING about this being "not a belief or opinion". I know that you know that your fucking fairytale book takes a dim view of liars.

Go the fuck away, troll.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop