The solution to science arguments against creations age.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: The solution to science arguments against creations age.
(06-03-2014 04:17 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  This is just a thought exercise type question not a belief or opinion but...

If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?

No. No, it's not. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-03-2014, 10:33 PM
(06-03-2014 08:24 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  My proposition.

Millions of years ago, one of your ancestors was dropped on his head at birth. This gave him brain damage and impeded his cellular development. The sperm he produced caused a defect in his lineage and his descendents are all stupid.
Made my day!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
06-03-2014, 11:03 PM
(06-03-2014 04:17 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  This is just a thought exercise type question not a belief or opinion but...

If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?

plau·si·ble
ˈplôzəbəl
adjective
-(of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable.

It it possible? Yes. Is it probable, and thus plausible? The answer to that is an emphatic 'Hell No'.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Well I done my daily eye-roll exercises and it's not even 8 a.m. Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-03-2014, 04:44 AM
Say God exists and did make the universe look 14 billion years old by surrounding us with photons still yet to arrive at Earth. How many years did he give us before all the photons have finally reached us and the sky ends up black? He'd also have to change what we saw over time to account for stuff like super-novas.

Wouldn't it just be easier to create a universe? All he'd need is a condensed ball of energy.
07-03-2014, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 04:57 AM by donotwant.)
(07-03-2014 04:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Say God exists and did make the universe look 14 billion years old by surrounding us with photons still yet to arrive at Earth. How many years did he give us before all the photons have finally reached us and the sky ends up black? He'd also have to change what we saw over time to account for stuff like super-novas.

Wouldn't it just be easier to create a universe? All he'd need is a condensed ball of energy.

That's exactly what I was saying Big Grin
God always does things the hard way Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
07-03-2014, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 12:48 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(06-03-2014 04:53 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  Bucky Ball, you don't get to consider yourself a free thinking human being say 'no' and stomp away, clarify your opinion within the context of the excercise.

Well let's think about that a moment. If you are a free thinker then let's discuss, what if the moon is really made of cheese, and NASA is lying about having found rocks there. It was all cheese and they just showed us earth rocks when they got back and lied about it.

Do we really need to discuss all things in depth in order to be "free thinkers"? We would have no time for life if we gave all options undeserved though attention. We have to weed out nonsensical things from the limited mental time with have to devote to them by using our logic, reason, and evidence.

However, due to the nature of this question, and the abundance of people in this world who seem to want to ask it, the time has been taken, and Bucky Ball, myself and many others have already done our more than fair share of "free thinking" on the matter, and have come to the conclusion "no".

He's not refusing to think about it. He already has, reluctantly given it more thought than he'd like, and far more than those who tend to ask the question. He succinctly told you his answer, "no".

I agree with him.

[+] 4 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
07-03-2014, 09:33 AM

Old Earth Creationism.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-03-2014, 11:14 AM

I got to thinking about this. So god makes it look like the universe is 14 billion old. In fact he hides all sorts of evidence. We dig up this evidence and the more we find the more it looks like god doesn't exist. We figure this using the mind that god gave us.
The only "evidence" god gives us is a book that is scientifically inaccurate and filled with almost inconceivable horrors. And he doesn't even give this book to everyone. Nope just to a bunch of illiterate sheep fucking troglodytes.
Now when I die god is gonna send me to hell because I fell for his trick!
As I've said time and time again. If this god is real he is an asshole!
I can't understand why anyone would want to worship him.
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
07-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I think we scared the OP away. But since we're talking about the issue, I've had a few thoughts on the matter myself:

Assuming God created the earth a finite time ago, he also created Adam. At the moment of Adam's creation, he would have appeared to be a man, not a newborn infant. A physician treating Adam would have treated him as an adult not an infant, since his physiologic age was not the same as his chronologic age.

This also means that Adam was created with knowledge appropriate for a man of a certain age. For example, he could speak and name things. Where did this knowledge come from? God must have implanted it in his brain. He also had a personality and ego (in the technical sense), otherwise, how would he know the difference between "you" and "I"? In other words, he had to have a memory and a sense of continuation of being. What memories did he have? False ones, implanted by God? If not, what did Adam remember before "last Thursday"?

Ditto for Eve.

Doc
[+] 5 users Like docskeptic's post