The solution to science arguments against creations age.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: The solution to science arguments against creations age.
(08-03-2014 04:53 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  The cult of Dawkins is well and truly underway and gaining momentum, sadly. The facts are being distorted and don't even get me started on the evolution-fairytale.

~ Miss Meng
The "cult of Dawkins"? Laughat Laugh out load

The "evolution-fairytale"?
And right there is where you just lost ALL credibility. Go get an education. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
09-03-2014, 07:23 PM
(09-03-2014 07:14 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 04:53 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  The cult of Dawkins is well and truly underway and gaining momentum, sadly. The facts are being distorted and don't even get me started on the evolution-fairytale.

~ Miss Meng
The "cult of Dawkins"? Laughat Laugh out load

The "evolution-fairytale"?
And right there is where you just lost ALL credibility. Go get an education. Dodgy

Evolution is a fairy tale and the bible is not. She got it all backwards.
09-03-2014, 07:27 PM
In regards to the OP:

Yes, hence why I reject the idea of an omnimax god as being logically valid. It requires him to possess incompatible qualities and be capable of doing logically impossible actions.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
10-03-2014, 07:04 AM
(08-03-2014 07:08 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 07:02 PM)donotwant Wrote:  In biology and evolution.
And you are uneducated and confused girl Wink

Evolution? What evidence do you have that that belief is real? Evidence? Proof? None. Unsupported assertions. Wild claims. Irrational thinking!

~ Miss Meng

[Image: 1386036310875.jpg]

No need to discuss anything further with you, it seems.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-03-2014, 12:02 PM
(06-03-2014 05:01 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 04:17 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  This is just a thought exercise type question not a belief or opinion but...

If (G)god is an all knowing all powerful being for which there is no greater, and the world really is only about 6,000 years old, isn't it perfectly plausible that (h)He created the universe 6,000 years ago, but created it 14 billion years old?
Plausible? No. Possible, yes, but why...?

And, of course, there is no god so there's that too.

There is no God in our image of course, at least none that's manifest. But what about God's that don't take a form we'd recognize?
15-03-2014, 12:03 PM
(09-03-2014 07:27 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  In regards to the OP:

Yes, hence why I reject the idea of an omnimax god as being logically valid. It requires him to possess incompatible qualities and be capable of doing logically impossible actions.

Quantum physics does that all the time Wink
15-03-2014, 07:01 PM
(10-03-2014 07:04 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 07:08 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Evolution? What evidence do you have that that belief is real? Evidence? Proof? None. Unsupported assertions. Wild claims. Irrational thinking!

~ Miss Meng

[Image: 1386036310875.jpg]

Robby,
If I could I'd give you an extra rep just for the Captain Haddock pic. Which reminds me, where have I seen your avatar pic before? It looks like something Herge would have done.

Doc
16-03-2014, 03:35 AM
(15-03-2014 07:01 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 07:04 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  [Image: 1386036310875.jpg]

Robby,
If I could I'd give you an extra rep just for the Captain Haddock pic. Which reminds me, where have I seen your avatar pic before? It looks like something Herge would have done.

Doc

His avatar is a really popular meme face.

Are You Serious Face / Seriously?

About
Are You Serious Face, also known as “Seriously?”, is a black and white drawing of a perplexed looking man or woman that is often used in rage comics. It is generally used as a reaction to overwhelming ignorance or stupidity.

Origin
The original male version of the face was based off a scene where David Silverman of American Atheists makes a perplexed expression during a debate with Bill O’Reilly on Fox News. During the exchange O’Reilly uses the “tide goes in, tide goes out” argument for the existence of God that is also the origin of You Can’t Explain That image macros. The face is made at about 2:00 into the clip:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/are-you-se...-seriously

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Clips like this are emotionally painful for me to watch. I can not fathom how someone can have these types of thought processes.

(16-03-2014 03:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 07:01 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Robby,

Doc

His avatar is a really popular meme face.

Are You Serious Face / Seriously?

About
Are You Serious Face, also known as “Seriously?”, is a black and white drawing of a perplexed looking man or woman that is often used in rage comics. It is generally used as a reaction to overwhelming ignorance or stupidity.

Origin
The original male version of the face was based off a scene where David Silverman of American Atheists makes a perplexed expression during a debate with Bill O’Reilly on Fox News. During the exchange O’Reilly uses the “tide goes in, tide goes out” argument for the existence of God that is also the origin of You Can’t Explain That image macros. The face is made at about 2:00 into the clip:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/are-you-se...-seriously
16-03-2014, 01:08 PM
(15-03-2014 12:03 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 07:27 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  In regards to the OP:

Quantum physics does that all the time Wink

But there is evidence for what quantum physics has discovered, even though it's counter-intuitive, sometimes. There is no evidence for any gods.
The question is :
"Whys are you SO desperate to maintain for yourself some semblance of reasonableness for deities ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche