The story of Zeus is true.. non believers will die!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2012, 05:49 AM
The story of Zeus is true.. non believers will die!
If the story of Perseus and his heroic slaying of the Gorgon Medusa and the reclamation of his kingdom is true, then we need no other evidence than that the ancient Greek legends are the word of Zeus. So the question is, did the slaying of the Gorgon actually occur?

Many early pagans believed in the Gods of ancient Greece well up into the time when Chrstianity gained power in Europe. Many of these were martyred for their beliefs at the hands of Christians. This proves that the ancient Greek stories are true, for who would willingly die for a lie?

There is also a record of Perseus turning his enemy Phineas to stone at a wedding before hundreds of eye witnesses.

Furthermore, Perseus' birth and life were all in amazing fulfillment of dozens of prophecies given by the oracles of Delphi and Ammon. Do you know what
the odds are against any individual accurately fulfilling EVERY SINGLE ONE of those prophecies, as Perseus did? About one in seventy gazillion to the gamillionth power!

Furthermore, there is the amazing historical and geographical accuracy of the ancient Greek legends. The story of Perseus contains references to many lands and islands in the country of Greece that consultation of an atlas shows actually exist! And historians such as Pausanias and Appollonious make reference to Perseus as a historical figure, the founder of the kingdom of Mycanae, showing beyond doubt that the saga of Perseus, including his divine birth and all his heroic exploits are genuine historical records.

So, anyone who claims that the story of Perseus is just a myth has to answer the question - how do you explain away all those people the Gorgon turned to stone?

Skeptics, the burden of proof is on you to proof Zeus doesn't exist and Perseus isn't his son.

(This is not to be taken seriously lol)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Monk's post
04-06-2012, 06:05 AM
RE: The story of Zeus is true.. non believers will die!
Those people the Gorgon turned in stone? Here's a plausible explanation:

One day in Ancient Greece there was a drunkard who stumbled into a sculptor's shop. He saw all the stone statues, freaked out, and told everyone that a snake woman has been turning people into stone, and the sculptor is her accomplice. Logically, the townsfolk dragged the sculptor out and killed him.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 2 users Like robotworld's post
04-06-2012, 06:47 AM
The thing I find fascinating about ancient Athens is that it was a place where all of the branches of thought, mythological, dramaturgical, philosophical, scientific, political, etc, lived in an incredible harmony. There's a reason, I think, that it was a golden age. It's easy to look back at them through a 21st century literal outlook lens and laugh, but something remarkable was going on back then and these mythologies were an integral part of it.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
04-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Somebody just watched Clash of the Titans...

Alright I will play along.

If the mystical snake women that turns people into stone was real and a dude called Perseus really did slay her then that hardly proves that this Perseus is a son of Zeus but rather just another man called Perseus and who happened to be the one to use a mirror to beat this bitch at her own game.

So now the proof is on you, prove to me that the defeat of this Gorgan by a man named Perseus instantly means this man is a son of Zeus, go.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
04-06-2012, 10:23 AM
(04-06-2012 06:47 AM)Ghost Wrote:  The thing I find fascinating about ancient Athens is that it was a place where all of the branches of thought, mythological, dramaturgical, philosophical, scientific, political, etc, lived in an incredible harmony. There's a reason, I think, that it was a golden age. It's easy to look back at them through a 21st century literal outlook lens and laugh, but something remarkable was going on back then and these mythologies were an integral part of it.

Matt
It might have been all the Man/Boy love that lead to the Golden Age.
Prove me wrong.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Hey, Erxomai.

They may have liked them some pederasty, but:

Quote:The ancient Greeks did not conceive of sexual orientation as a social identifier, as Western societies have done for the past century.

Sounds pretty enlightened to me Cool

Matt
[+] 2 users Like Ghost's post
05-06-2012, 06:16 AM
(04-06-2012 05:49 AM)Monk Wrote:  So, anyone who claims that the story of Perseus is just a myth has to answer the question - how do you explain away all those people the Gorgon turned to stone?

Skeptics, the burden of proof is on you to proof Zeus doesn't exist and Perseus isn't his son.

(This is not to be taken seriously lol)

Easy, your disclaimer explains it away.

Better to put it like a:
This is the truth, anyone making addition or deletion in the story will be cursed : )