The story of the perfect, creator god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2016, 02:35 PM
The story of the perfect, creator god
Yup, this is complete fiction. But, if there was a perfect god, this is how the story would have to go.

Once upon a time there was a perfect god. This god was the first anything in existence. This god was also the only thing in existence. This god, being perfect, needed nothing else and wanted nothing else because needs and wants come from imperfections. So this god created nothing else - nothing at all - and merely existed content for eternity.

The end.

Any questions?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
15-12-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: The story of the perfect, creator god
Boring! Even perfect beings get bored Tongue
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
15-12-2016, 03:28 PM
(15-12-2016 03:11 PM)skyking Wrote:  Boring! Even perfect beings get bored Tongue

I can attest to this. Cool

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
15-12-2016, 03:29 PM
(15-12-2016 03:11 PM)skyking Wrote:  Boring! Even perfect beings get bored Tongue
Nah, admiring himself is a full-time job that could take such an omnipresent being... well, an eternity. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
15-12-2016, 05:56 PM
This god and a coma patient who can only hear his own thoughts sound very similar.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
16-12-2016, 07:38 AM
(15-12-2016 05:56 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  This god and a coma patient who can only hear his own thoughts sound very similar.

Yup, except the coma patient probably had more influence on the world before ending up in the coma than this god ever has or will.

16-12-2016, 08:41 AM
That same god also existed before time, and thus lacked the proper mechanics for planning, carrying out an action, or processing a single thought.

"The life of man is of no greater importance to the universe than that of an oyster." - David Hume
16-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Cant be perfect, because if you were perfect you would be modest and say you weren't perfect which would be lying which would mean you wouldn't be perfect. Drinking Beverage Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
16-12-2016, 11:22 AM
(16-12-2016 08:41 AM)Serpent Speech Wrote:  That same god also existed before time, and thus lacked the proper mechanics for planning, carrying out an action, or processing a single thought.

Welcome to the forum Serpent Speech.

Can you please clarify what you mean? I'm not following why absence of time would negate those things.

16-12-2016, 11:23 AM
(16-12-2016 09:11 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Cant be perfect, because if you were perfect you would be modest and say you weren't perfect which would be lying which would mean you wouldn't be perfect. Drinking Beverage Big Grin

LOL, perfectly said. Big Grin