The strangest argument against homosexuality I have ever heard.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 12:27 PM
The strangest argument against homosexuality I have ever heard.
You will never know what it is. My mom actually uses evolution in order to justify why we shouldn't have gay people. Strange isn't it?Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: The strangest argument against homosexuality I have ever heard.
How, exactly?

I believe Dawkins has said something about evolution and homosexuality but I can't really remember now.

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
07-04-2014, 12:35 PM
(07-04-2014 12:33 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  How, exactly?

I believe Dawkins has said something about evolution and homosexuality but I can't really remember now.

It goes along the lines, humans need to reproduce to survive, homosexuals don't allow reproduction, thus hindering the species.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] Capoeira status:NO CORD
07-04-2014, 12:45 PM
If the entire species would suddenly become homosexual we would indeed die out. The change of that actually happening is actually next to none.

I like the "marriage has alway been a man and a woman" argument. If you actually look into the history of homosexuality, same sex bonding amoung humans has always been around and has been recognized as a legimit union in most cultures at some point in time. It was really common in Roman and Acient Greek times.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
07-04-2014, 12:45 PM
(07-04-2014 12:35 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  

It goes along the lines, humans need to reproduce to survive, homosexuals don't allow reproduction, thus hindering the species.

Ask her if she is familiar with the concept of kin selection.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
07-04-2014, 12:51 PM
(07-04-2014 12:35 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  

I wish i could remember that paper I read that said there may be an epigentic link between female fertility and homosexuality.

It boiled down to that the sequence that coded for increased fertility in females, would be a possible cause of male homosexuality.

So there would be an evolutionary reason as to why it hasn't been selected out of our species

Here's the thing, were any of this true, Christian apologetics would not exist. One does not have to bend in multiple ways to defend electricity or aerodynamics. - Banjo

god's love is unconditional on the condition you do every thing he says. - Betty Bowers
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2014, 12:56 PM
(07-04-2014 12:51 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 12:35 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  It goes along the lines, humans need to reproduce to survive, homosexuals don't allow reproduction, thus hindering the species.

I wish i could remember that paper I read that said there may be an epigentic link between female fertility and homosexuality.

It boiled down to that the sequence that coded for increased fertility in females, would be a possible cause of male homosexuality.

So there would be an evolutionary reason as to why it hasn't been selected out of our species

http://bigthink.com/think-tank/the-gay-g...hypothesis

here is a start.

07-04-2014, 12:58 PM
(07-04-2014 12:45 PM)wazzel Wrote:  If the entire species would suddenly become homosexual we would indeed die out. The change of that actually happening is actually next to none.

I like the "marriage has alway been a man and a woman" argument. If you actually look into the history of homosexuality, same sex bonding amoung humans has always been around and has been recognized as a legimit union in most cultures at some point in time. It was really common in Roman and Acient Greek times.

Exactly what I was about to say.

In Ancient Greece, sex between men seemed to be mostly a means of strengthening friendships. Which would go well with the idea that humans evolved to feel love or empathy, helping one another to survive.

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
07-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Rainbow RE: The strangest argument against homosexuality I have ever heard.
So... She thinks that homosexuality is unnatural, and therefore a mere choice? How does she explain that homosexuality has been observed in nearly 1200 different species? There aren't gay penguins because they are rebelling against societal norms. Gay pandas aren't "fabulous" because it's somehow trendy.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 7 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
07-04-2014, 01:21 PM
(07-04-2014 01:16 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  So... She thinks that homosexuality is unnatural, and therefore a mere choice? How does she explain that homosexuality has been observed in nearly 1200 different species? There aren't gay penguins because they are rebelling against societal norms. Gay pandas aren't "fabulous" because it's somehow trendy.

I used that argument. She said humans a different from those animals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Another "How do you refute this argument?" question. f stop 21 499 02-07-2014 04:39 PM
Last Post: davidh
  Anybody get this argument? retroviral 27 1,089 15-04-2014 12:04 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  The worst argument against a Archaeopteryx Metazoa Zeke 11 235 13-03-2014 10:29 PM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  Free Will Argument Zephiel16 35 794 03-03-2014 10:08 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Argument from silence f stop 14 493 12-02-2014 11:35 PM
Last Post: f stop
  Ultimate "who has the burden of proof" argument f stop 18 823 02-01-2014 12:28 PM
Last Post: KMFDM_Kid2000
  YouTube argument with intelligent Christian carasaurus_wres 11 576 08-12-2013 07:52 PM
Last Post: anonymous66