The strangest experience.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2010, 09:37 AM

The strangest experience.
I am an Indian, in case you didn't know (or at least people tell me I'm Indian). Yesterday, a bunch of completely random Indian people show up at our door. I have no idea who they are. My parents, being Indian, let them in. They talk for about an hour. Then they leave. My mom made them some tea and they said they wouldn't have any.

Apparently, they belong to a sect of Hinduism whose guru has them go around talking to random people (note- only Indian people). They go into your house, and they don't demand anything of you (hence why the wasted 3 cups of tea). Apparently, talking to random people pleases God or some strange stuff like that.

I, personally, would never let a bunch of random people into my house. It borders on creepy if you ask me.
Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2010, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2010 10:43 AM by Unbeliever.)
RE: The strangest experience.
These people sound like Hindu Jehovah's Witnesses.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2010, 11:10 AM

The weird thing that makes it creepy is that they didn't try and convert my parents or anything. They literally just sat down and had a conversation, and then left. They apparently do this every Sunday and go door to door (Indian door to Indian door). They must have a list of Indian last names and just look up addresses on White Pages.
24-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Huh. That is kind of funky.

If they do it again, ask 'em why.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
24-10-2010, 12:06 PM
that is weird....kinda funny
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2010, 02:13 PM
How did they know if someone would be indian or not? Does it count if ones parents are from india but the one has lived his/her whole life in the US?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
24-10-2010, 07:22 PM
I'd like for a group of Indians to come and talk to me about non-religion stuff.

I rarely meet anyone who isn't white and old since moving up north >.>

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
24-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Like, what did they talk about? The weather? If they didnt' try to convert them...just chatting about the news, or whatever? Odd.
24-10-2010, 08:47 PM
(24-10-2010 07:22 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I'd like for a group of Indians to come and talk to me about non-religion stuff.

I rarely meet anyone who isn't white and old since moving up north >.>

Funny you say that. I moved 2 years ago from a very diversified town in northern New Jersey, just outside of New York City, to the suburbs of Philadelphia and it is unbelievably white here. I mean really, really white. At least there is some white ethnic mixes and we live near a town that is, for lack of a better phrase, gay friendly, but otherwise it is seriously homogeneous here.

Drives me a little crazy at times, to be honest. There were a lot of upsides to the move out here to the sticks, but a few down sides as well.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
25-10-2010, 12:25 PM

(24-10-2010 07:26 PM)catdance62 Wrote:  Like, what did they talk about? The weather? If they didnt' try to convert them...just chatting about the news, or whatever? Odd.

Yeah, basically. I went upstairs to see who it was and they asked me if I played any instruments. I phased myself out of the room at the soonest appropriate moment.

And Kikko, the reason they chose Indians is because Indians are the only people they trust and that would trust them (kind of an immigrant "trust" thing). They probably go by the name. Because India is the only place where Hindi is spoken predominantly, it is very easy to recognize an Indian name.