The stupid...it burns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: The stupid...it burns
(16-11-2015 11:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  No fair using cut lumber, power tools or any modern conveniences. Any use of modern methods negates the project. You are allowed a handsaw an ax and an adze. Oxen are allowed. All tools must be hand forged of bronze. No Steel. No screws or metallic nails.

"But, but... that sounds like WORK."

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
16-11-2015, 01:47 PM
I've always liked this cartoon-

hmmm, ain't workin.
16-11-2015, 02:31 PM
(16-11-2015 11:02 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  I pray that lightning strikes the place and it goes up in flames. Drinking Beverage

How would they explain that? Big Grin

The sin nature of man. I like what AronRa suggested: if Ham's idea is viable at all, he should have no trouble having a zoo inside run by only 8 people with no experience in animal care.

Well, sure - but they'd have to be hundreds of years old.

... this is my signature!
17-11-2015, 07:28 AM
(16-11-2015 11:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  No fair using cut lumber, power tools or any modern conveniences. Any use of modern methods negates the project. You are allowed a handsaw an ax and an adze. Oxen are allowed. All tools must be hand forged of bronze. No Steel. No screws or metallic nails.

you forgot 900 year old working men as a requirement in construction
17-11-2015, 07:57 AM
(17-11-2015 07:28 AM)Ace Wrote:  

you forgot 900 year old working men as a requirement in construction

They tried to get them but they all downed tools and refused to negotiate.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-11-2015, 12:04 PM
(16-11-2015 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  I pray that lightning strikes the place and it goes up in flames. Drinking Beverage

Oddly the they've proven those who believe in God and his ability to affect the world, ignore one of his 10 commandments about Graven Images and just rebuild it when it gets stuck down by natural events aka acts of God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Kings_(statue)

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
21-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Who here has actually been to the Creation Museum?

(I have.)
21-11-2015, 08:47 PM
(21-11-2015 08:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Who here has actually been to the Creation Museum?

(I have.)

Gasp and you weren’t thrown in jail for causing a scene?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
21-11-2015, 09:28 PM
(17-11-2015 12:04 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Oddly the they've proven those who believe in God and his ability to affect the world, ignore one of his 10 commandments about Graven Images and just rebuild it when it gets stuck down by natural events aka acts of God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Kings_(statue)

Um, the god in this case would have been Thor. Even Yah-Weh admits there are other gods, and that he is jealous of the others. Fuck, I'm getting philosophical about a being I do not believe exists. Damned weapons-grade BS in that xtian buy-bull.
21-11-2015, 10:13 PM
(21-11-2015 08:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 08:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Who here has actually been to the Creation Museum?

(I have.)

Gasp and you weren’t thrown in jail for causing a scene?

I was very well behaved.

.... Perhaps part of the reason that I was so well behaved was because the shock that I was under had a bit of a numbing effect on my brain.

There were a lot of Amish and Mennonite people there exposing their home-schooled children to "science".
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post