The stupid...it burns...so there I was..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 09:26 AM
RE: The stupid...it burns...so there I was..
(26-01-2016 08:37 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  I believe the internet is one of the great achievements of man...akin to language and printing. My hope is that it proves to be the salvation of rational thought, though I fear the abundance of ignorance that surrounds me. Yes, the stupid...it burns.

In my opinion the easy access to information via the web has had the biggest impact on the growth of secularism. Indicated as well by the recent study showing only 1 in 3 under 25yo Americans believe in a god...mostly due to the web I would presume. Good news is America is literally aging out of religion.

(26-01-2016 09:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What a loon!

I agree, bat shit crazy with delusion.

(26-01-2016 11:08 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Proof that Hell doesn't exist: Muslims believe in it.

It's all a matter of knowing your target audience.

customized spin is always a good sales tactic. Most religions always come down to fear based sales tactics

(27-01-2016 01:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  She is a dull one but I expected nothing more when I saw title of the video.

Yeah not the brightest bulb in the pack, but then again she believes in magic...

(27-01-2016 02:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  My reply was much simpler: "Who is this cunt, and why should I care what she thinks?"

We'll see if YT bans me or not. <drags off a cigarette>

I keep waiting for her to ban me because she has this big writeup about don't disrespect my god, my followers or me or I will ban you Rolleyes

(27-01-2016 03:21 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That reply speech pattern... Are you sure you aren't CoolHardLogic?

Not sure who that is, but no, this is my own natural sarcastic, and dare I say....witty tone that theists who debate me have surely come to loathe. I have no other usernames besides ingym4life (used for non atheist stuff, and sadly, tied to youtube for some reason) and goodwithoutgod Smile

(27-01-2016 04:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I replied to Thump.

What gets me still, something I first noticed in Asia, was the idea that Catholics are not Christians.

As post-reformation PR jobs go, that's actually impressive.

That always makes me bang my head...like they do not know the history of Christianity...oh wait....they don't hehe

(27-01-2016 04:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus

Yup, and what sickens me is we have political candidates vying to be the President of the US like Ted Cruz who say the craziest delusional xtian faith-based radical statements and people clap and throw him money.....one would think anyone making outlandish faith based assertions as an answer to how to run the country would be laughed off the stage and perhaps provided mental health counseling...but no.....

(27-01-2016 04:33 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  one second after I die, of course I won't be laughing, duh.

Always amuses me how when I beat them into a corner they default to threats of hell....so "Christ-like"....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
27-01-2016, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't classify this as a debate as she is ill-equipped to even engage in intellectual debate, at least on this subject as indicated by her weak sauce replies, threats of hell, and "Prove hell doesn't exist" obsession. But I figured some here would find it humorous. Perhaps some newbies to the debate game would like the way I handled the argumentum ad nauseam posit of "You don't KNOW hell doesn't exist." I figured it was worth posting.

I would think anyone reading the replies would be able to understand my point with that drivel.....I do not have the onus to provide proof hell doesn't exist as I have not made the extraordinary claim...a concept she seems incapable of comprehending. A true representation of ineducable tyro.

I knew calling her a child would make her froth at the mouth and make even dumber replies...sometimes it is just too easy.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-01-2016, 09:47 AM
I got as far as "belief in evolution." Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-01-2016, 09:49 AM
(27-01-2016 09:26 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 03:21 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That reply speech pattern... Are you sure you aren't CoolHardLogic?

Not sure who that is, but no, this is my own natural sarcastic, and dare I say....witty tone that theists who debate me have surely come to loathe. I have no other usernames besides ingym4life (used for non atheist stuff, and sadly, tied to youtube for some reason) and goodwithoutgod Smile

CoolHardLogic is a YouTube debunker who maintains a fair level of activity in the comments of his videos, using a similar pattern of speech in his responses to his detractors.
I just thought I'd throw out the reference to see if anybody caught it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-01-2016, 09:55 AM
(27-01-2016 09:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 09:26 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Not sure who that is, but no, this is my own natural sarcastic, and dare I say....witty tone that theists who debate me have surely come to loathe. I have no other usernames besides ingym4life (used for non atheist stuff, and sadly, tied to youtube for some reason) and goodwithoutgod Smile

CoolHardLogic is a YouTube debunker who maintains a fair level of activity in the comments of his videos, using a similar pattern of speech in his responses to his detractors.
I just thought I'd throw out the reference to see if anybody caught it.

Ah! I will have to check him out then. I took it as a compliment that you were potentially comparing my verbal style to someone with a seemingly more well known name. Smile

EDIT: Just checked it out quickly while here at work. I wish I had the time and ability to set up a youtube channel and make videos and have a bigger impact like he is doing. Maybe someday

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
27-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Wow GWG I'm reading the rest of the comments between you two. I surprised you didn't base your computer monitor over your head with all the dribble this women is spouting.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
27-01-2016, 10:50 AM
GWG, I went through your posts and gave them all a thumbs up. Gave the video a thumbs down. It irritates me though, that giving a thumbs down for youtube posts does nothing which I did to TheElya 18's posts. I don't know why the thumbs down is even there because when I click on it there's no number count next to it like there is for the thumbs up icon.

I think giving thumbs up for logical atheist posts on youtube videos makes christians realize that they don't have a monopoly on their worldview and can't force feed it down people's throats anymore. Those days are over people.

Anyway, thumbs up for your posts. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-01-2016, 11:26 AM
(26-01-2016 11:08 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Proof that Hell doesn't exist: Muslims believe in it.

It's all a matter of knowing your target audience.

Amazing anyone believes this stuff, it describes in detail the torment of a physical body undergoing destructive forces, yet somehow maintains it's physical structure to maintain the torment.

One exchange I had with a Muslim on another forum, said that everyone goes to hell, it's just that believers only stay temporarily. They can't resolve their contradictory scriptures on this issue.

Some religion! Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
27-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Oops, double post.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-01-2016, 12:26 PM
John Cantor, 2 hours ago, Wrote:OK, I got as far as "belief in evolution." That's a red herring. Also, calling potential viewers "stupid" is poor marketing.

TheElya18, 2 hours ago, Wrote:+John Cantor If they're watching this video they're not potential views, they're viewers stupid.

Thumpalumpacus, 1 second ago, Wrote:I haven't watched your video, precisely because you call names at anyone who disagrees with you. This habit of yours marks you as an inferior thinker unworthy of anything but the occasional laugh or head-shake of pity. Go eat your oatmeal, now, young lady, before it gets cold.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post