The super-duper-moon Nov. 14th

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: The super-duper-moon Nov. 14th
(08-11-2016 05:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Pretty good Chas -- what glass you using??

That was my new-used Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6E lens on a D7200 body.
The picture is at 500mm, ISO 100, 1/100sec @f/10.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: The super-duper-moon Nov. 14th
(07-11-2016 05:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Are you ready for the Super-moon? Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

http://gizmodo.com/get-ready-for-the-sup...1788584842

Can any of you smarty pants, sciencey type, wiz-brained TTA members figure how much closer the moon will get to the earth during this event and if I could prevail upon you to convert it into miles.......'cus I'm a stupid American, you see. Rolleyes I would guess that since the moon's orbit is in flux there must be like an average distance from earth so the supermoon would be measured against the average distance???

Did I make any sense there? I was trying really, reeeeally hard to sound smart but I don't know if I pulled it off. Science is not my thing but I kinda like it anyway.

And wouldn't you know it, the last time there was a super moon of this size Israel became a nation so all the religious nut jobs are really going stupid-brained and over the edge with it. Holy mother of shit, I wanna slap these people.

Not to burst the bubble of the religious folk--but Israel became a nation on May 14, 1948. The full moon perigee happened on January 26, 1948. I guess God didn't feel like waiting Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply