The tax plan

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
03-11-2017, 06:31 AM
RE: The tax plan
Well I'm from New York and this plan is a blatant screw job to Blue States.
A transfer of wealth from Blue to Red state.
Blue states are essentially being penalized for paying the largest share of federal income tax. Well actually for not voting for Trump.

https://cpa.ds.npr.org/wamc/audio/2017/1..._web_2.mp3

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
03-11-2017, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 07:41 AM by Full Circle.)
[Image: WillDebtWillEatUsAlive-560x388.jpg]

The reduction of corporate taxes is only going to feed the shark. The kayak really represents tax cuts.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-11-2017, 07:38 AM
We are headed for another future bubble.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2017, 07:46 AM
(03-11-2017 07:38 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  We are headed for another future bubble.

What kind of bubble?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-11-2017, 08:14 AM
(02-11-2017 09:40 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This tax plan is obviously a path to keep the middle class voting republican. Smart.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
03-11-2017, 12:18 PM
It was supposed to be tax *reform*.
I doubt it will pass, in its current form.
Maybe after a few more failed attempts at legislation, (*write it in secret, and hold no hearings*), these idiots will get that they represent the people, not their allegiance to the nut-job in the White House.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-11-2017, 04:09 PM
More on this clusterfuck of a tax bill. This version is never going to pass so probably not worth stressing over.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
03-11-2017, 05:14 PM
(03-11-2017 04:09 PM)BnW Wrote:  More on this clusterfuck of a tax bill. This version is never going to pass so probably not worth stressing over.

It's not happening. The elimination of deductions for state and local income taxes make it a non-starter in the Senate. I've minimized my market exposure in anticipation of its failure. At which point I will buy back in because all of the indicators are still strong. I mean except for the Trump volatility factor.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-11-2017, 06:50 PM
The GOP tax plan is filled with petty cruelties aimed at the vulnerable and the middle class. Here’s a list

Column goes point by point and worth reading to understand how it might affect you.

The last paragraphs sum it up:

"None of these items seems to correspond to a consistent public policy. They appear to be random efforts to pick up a few bucks for the federal budget here or there, or reflect some legislator’s mysterious hobby horse.

But they stand in direct contrast to the benevolence shown in the tax bill toward the concerns of the wealthy. While the average American loses deductions for moving expenses, tuition, hurricane losses and adoption, owners of estates worth up to $22 million would be able to pass them on to their children tax-free. The kids get to keep an additional tax break on any capital assets, such as stocks and bonds, passed down by their parents—that so called stepped-up basis isn’t on the chopping block, unlike so many tax breaks that mean dollars and cents to moderate-income taxpayers. The repeal of the estate tax embodied in the tax bill is defended only by the wealthiest Americans.”

I think it goes beyond “petty cruelties”. Assholes.

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-11-2017, 09:41 PM
The tax plan eliminates deductible for teachers using their own income to purchase supplies for their students.

Public teachers are already underfunded, and now even when they use their own underwhelming salaries to buy needed supplies, the tax plan chooses to poke them in the eye. This is the modern GOP folks, where someone spoke this idea out-loud and not only were they not immediately laughed out of the room, this idea made it into the proposal.

They'd eliminate the estate tax, which only really benefits the wealthiest of Americans, and they'd screw over our teachers even more to pay for it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]