The terms Religion or Religious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: The terms Religion or Religious
Quote:
(11-12-2013 03:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  To me, religion is a man made imagery of god or gods.
[quote]How about religion that is taught by true Prophets of true God? I mean what do you think about this kind of religion?
I would say they are just saying how it is if they are speaking the Truth. God would not have a religion to choose from.

(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  I believe in the Christ however, which is to believe in an image of God sent by God Himself, and therefore not made by mankind. That to me is the difference.
Quote:and what is the point of this kind of belief?

To know God in one's self or to know thyself.
(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  No person can own the Truth which is why the Christ was crucified by religion
The True image of God was killed by the false imagery of god because it threatened their station of authority. Therefore we see men killing men of God believing they are serving God. Also see the inquisition concerning the matter.
Quote:what kind of RELIGION does teach this?Smile
I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to by "this". Are you referring to those who teach they are the rightful authorities of God or those who say there are no authorities other than God Himself who can live in all men by faith?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 06:05 PM by childeye.)
(11-12-2013 04:02 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 03:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  what kind of RELIGION does teach this?Smile

Childeyeist Christianity, also known as Bovine Eschatology and WhateverIHappenToPullOutOfMyAssIsm
Wink
Heeeey, everything I've said is self-evident to an honest soul. Why the personal attack?
On the other hand, it is kinda funny.
11-12-2013, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 06:24 PM by childeye.)
I don't really have a problem with the term religious or religion, but rather its obscurity. I suppose everyone would be offended by saying false religion or true religion even though that would be more accurate. The term however in the subjective view, would then count as true according to the adherent rather than the object of worship which of course would make all religions true as a matter of personal preference. Oh the semantics that come with these obscure terms !!! There's a difference between Truth and opinion. I believe that is a true statement in my opinion. Sometimes I honestly don't know if I'm being honest.
11-12-2013, 06:41 PM
(11-12-2013 04:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Dear Alla. I don't mean to speak or think bad of anyone who considers themselves religious. .
I didn't think you have meant this.Smile

(11-12-2013 04:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  To me to believe in the Christ is to believe that the Love seen in the Christ is the same Character as that of the divine.
I need this kind of belief because it is a better image than I could make up and it fills me with hope and joy and cures all the ills caused by a corrupt image. I need it because it agrees with the Word in my heart, which gives me confidence and strong conviction in a world that will try a persons viable commitment to Love no matter what.
OK. Then you die. Then what? How does this belief is going to serve you?

(11-12-2013 04:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Christ is the cornerstone. The apostles were a foundation. But Christ did not actually organize his church however. That is the work of the Holy Spirit of Truth.
OK. Question: Then what did He do by choosing His Apostles/the foundation? And why did Paul call Church in 1st century Church of Christ?

(11-12-2013 04:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Please note that all who are born of God are chosen by God. Only God can make children of God. All members of the body of Christ are not held together by a religious belief, but by a single Spirit that guides us in all Truth. Sure we all give testimony to what that Truth is, but it (He), lives in us individually and orchestrates the body without any need of any worldly political power structure to which we would need recognize. As Jesus said, the Kingdom of God is neither here or there but in the heart. You can call it a religion which you can call almost anything, but as I see it, it is just faith in what always was.
What kind of religion teaches all that?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
11-12-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 07:13 PM by Alla.)
(11-12-2013 04:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  I would say they are just saying how it is if they are speaking the Truth. God would not have a religion to choose from.
Religion is doctrine about God. True doctrine about God is true religion. Fasle doctrines about God are false religions.
James talked about pure religion. Smile

(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  I believe in the Christ however, which is to believe in an image of God sent by God Himself, and therefore not made by mankind. That to me is the difference.
and what is the point of this kind of belief?

(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to by "this".
That's OK. Never mind.

11-12-2013, 06:51 PM
(11-12-2013 04:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 04:02 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Childeyeist Christianity, also known as Bovine Eschatology and WhateverIHappenToPullOutOfMyAssIsm
Wink
Heeeey, everything I've said is self-evident to an honest soul.
what is self-evident? your faith in Christ? no personal attack, just a question.

11-12-2013, 07:10 PM
childeye, the truth is that you will hardly find someone with your interpretation of the bible. which is why your religion is totally unique to you

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
11-12-2013, 07:22 PM
(11-12-2013 06:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 04:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Dear Alla. I don't mean to speak or think bad of anyone who considers themselves religious. .
I didn't think you have meant this.Smile
I mean it. My problem is with the term and it's ambiguity. Surely what I have written expresses this.

(11-12-2013 04:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  To me to believe in the Christ is to believe that the Love seen in the Christ is the same Character as that of the divine.
I need this kind of belief because it is a better image than I could make up and it fills me with hope and joy and cures all the ills caused by a corrupt image. I need it because it agrees with the Word in my heart, which gives me confidence and strong conviction in a world that will try a persons viable commitment to Love no matter what.
Quote:OK. Then you die. Then what? How does this belief is going to serve you?
It seems there are always semantics in words, so I will answer this way and hope I am perceived as to my intent. Technically I'm already dead for all intensive purposes. I died long ago when my I gave way to Christ. If there is any life in me it is Christ in me. I do not seek to serve myself per'se; that is I do not seek my own comfort, yet God comforts me.

(11-12-2013 04:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Christ is the cornerstone. The apostles were a foundation. But Christ did not actually organize his church however. That is the work of the Holy Spirit of Truth.
Quote:OK. Question: Then what did He do by choosing His Apostles/the foundation? And why did Paul call Church in 1st century Church of Christ?
I think he chose according to God's purpose not according to any quality of individual flesh as it is with all the children of God. Paul is saying nothing different than what is. The reason he calls the church the church of Christ is because Christ is the one that sifts the chaff from the wheat and treads the winepress of God. He is the sword that divides soul and spirit, wherein he says you are either for me or against me. And again, I have come for judgment to make the blind seeing and the seeing blind. He is the good shepherd, but it is God who gives the sheep.

(11-12-2013 04:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  Please note that all who are born of God are chosen by God. Only God can make children of God. All members of the body of Christ are not held together by a religious belief, but by a single Spirit that guides us in all Truth. Sure we all give testimony to what that Truth is, but it (He), lives in us individually and orchestrates the body without any need of any worldly political power structure to which we would need recognize. As Jesus said, the Kingdom of God is neither here or there but in the heart. You can call it a religion which you can call almost anything, but as I see it, it is just faith in what always was.
Quote:What kind of religion teaches all that?
It is called the divine Love which is not a religion but the Eternal Spirit Who always was and is, blessed be His Name forever...
11-12-2013, 07:56 PM
(11-12-2013 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 04:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  I would say they are just saying how it is if they are speaking the Truth. God would not have a religion to choose from.
Religion is doctrine about God. True doctrine about God is true religion. Fasle doctrines about God are false religions.
But those meanings get kind of lost in the words. It's as if I said that following true doctrine leads to true worship. I don't think God can be realized in the fealty of any written form of teaching. Our understanding of His character is not dependent on interpreting the fealty of words correctly, but rather by the gift of the holy Spirit which guides us in all Truth...
Quote:James talked about pure religion. Smile
Yes, but here that word should have been translated as true worship. He did not say it was dependent upon doctrine but rather on following empathy. It's like treating others as you would want to be treated is indeed good doctrine, but it is what empathy does without reading it.

Quote:and what is the point of this kind of belief?
There are many ramifications of believing in the Christ for me. What exactly you wish me to answer I am not sure about. Do you mean what was God's point of having me believe?
11-12-2013, 08:07 PM
(11-12-2013 06:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 04:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  Heeeey, everything I've said is self-evident to an honest soul.
what is self-evident? your faith in Christ? no personal attack, just a question.
I simply state the obvious is what I mean. All Truth is self -evident to an honest soul. That is in fact how the holy Spirit convicts men in their souls, by revealing the hypocrisy of their reasoning that blinds them to the Truth. Likewise concerning my faith in the Christ, I am simply stating what is obvious to me, that in the Gospel account of the Christ forgiving those who crucified him, I see what I consider to be an act of divine Love.