The terms Religion or Religious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 08:23 PM by childeye.)
RE: The terms Religion or Religious
double post.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 08:23 PM
(11-12-2013 07:10 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  childeye, the truth is that you will hardly find someone with your interpretation of the bible. which is why your religion is totally unique to you
I understand why you would say that. That isn't really accurate. For one thing, many people interpret the bible the same as I do. Another thing, I didn't get my belief from interpreting the bible. I'm just able to interpret the bible because of the Holy Spirit. That is, that there is a line of reasoning that occurs when one is convinced that the Christ who suffered the cross is the True Character of God. It reveals all hypocrisy. And it's not a religion as I understand the term, it is simply knowing Love. God is Love. I worship the Spirit of Love as the goodness in mankind. I don't think anybody feels any differently than I do. I think everyone is simply divided by misunderstandings.
11-12-2013, 08:39 PM
(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  There are many ramifications of believing in the Christ for me. What exactly you wish me to answer I am not sure about. Do you mean what was God's point of having me believe?
Yes, why do you have to believe in Christ according to you?
Who/what is God?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
(11-12-2013 07:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 06:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK. Then you die. Then what? How does this belief is going to serve you?
It seems there are always semantics in words, so I will answer this way and hope I am perceived as to my intent. Technically I'm already dead for all intensive purposes. I died long ago when my I gave way to Christ. If there is any life in me it is Christ in me. I do not seek to serve myself per'se; that is I do not seek my own comfort, yet God comforts me.
I was asking about physical death. Your body dies. What does your belief in Christ give to you?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
11-12-2013, 08:56 PM
(11-12-2013 08:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 07:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  It seems there are always semantics in words, so I will answer this way and hope I am perceived as to my intent. Technically I'm already dead for all intensive purposes. I died long ago when my I gave way to Christ. If there is any life in me it is Christ in me. I do not seek to serve myself per'se; that is I do not seek my own comfort, yet God comforts me.
I was asking about physical death. Your body dies. What does your belief in Christ give to you?
I believe in a resurrection and I hope that I and all mankind will be with God in eternity.
11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
(11-12-2013 08:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  There are many ramifications of believing in the Christ for me. What exactly you wish me to answer I am not sure about. Do you mean what was God's point of having me believe?
Yes, why do you have to believe in Christ according to you?
Who/what is God?
What is God? He is Spirit, even the Eternal Spirit. Who is God? The Character of God is like His son. According to me, I must believe in the Christ because I recognize the same Love in Him that is in me, only his is a greater faith. In honesty I am unable to deny this. But according to God I must believe to show that He alone makes men able to believe so that no flesh can glory.