The terms Religion or Religious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 08:23 PM by childeye.)
RE: The terms Religion or Religious
double post.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 08:23 PM
(11-12-2013 07:10 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  childeye, the truth is that you will hardly find someone with your interpretation of the bible. which is why your religion is totally unique to you
I understand why you would say that. That isn't really accurate. For one thing, many people interpret the bible the same as I do. Another thing, I didn't get my belief from interpreting the bible. I'm just able to interpret the bible because of the Holy Spirit. That is, that there is a line of reasoning that occurs when one is convinced that the Christ who suffered the cross is the True Character of God. It reveals all hypocrisy. And it's not a religion as I understand the term, it is simply knowing Love. God is Love. I worship the Spirit of Love as the goodness in mankind. I don't think anybody feels any differently than I do. I think everyone is simply divided by misunderstandings.
11-12-2013, 08:39 PM
(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  There are many ramifications of believing in the Christ for me. What exactly you wish me to answer I am not sure about. Do you mean what was God's point of having me believe?
Yes, why do you have to believe in Christ according to you?
Who/what is God?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
(11-12-2013 07:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 06:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK. Then you die. Then what? How does this belief is going to serve you?
It seems there are always semantics in words, so I will answer this way and hope I am perceived as to my intent. Technically I'm already dead for all intensive purposes. I died long ago when my I gave way to Christ. If there is any life in me it is Christ in me. I do not seek to serve myself per'se; that is I do not seek my own comfort, yet God comforts me.
I was asking about physical death. Your body dies. What does your belief in Christ give to you?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
11-12-2013, 08:56 PM
(11-12-2013 08:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 07:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  It seems there are always semantics in words, so I will answer this way and hope I am perceived as to my intent. Technically I'm already dead for all intensive purposes. I died long ago when my I gave way to Christ. If there is any life in me it is Christ in me. I do not seek to serve myself per'se; that is I do not seek my own comfort, yet God comforts me.
I was asking about physical death. Your body dies. What does your belief in Christ give to you?
I believe in a resurrection and I hope that I and all mankind will be with God in eternity.
11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
(11-12-2013 08:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 03:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  There are many ramifications of believing in the Christ for me. What exactly you wish me to answer I am not sure about. Do you mean what was God's point of having me believe?
Yes, why do you have to believe in Christ according to you?
Who/what is God?
What is God? He is Spirit, even the Eternal Spirit. Who is God? The Character of God is like His son. According to me, I must believe in the Christ because I recognize the same Love in Him that is in me, only his is a greater faith. In honesty I am unable to deny this. But according to God I must believe to show that He alone makes men able to believe so that no flesh can glory.