The theist wagering thread .. place your bets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 05:05 AM
The theist wagering thread .. place your bets
So this will be like an office pool, and you can estimate the date a new theist here will start preaching, spouting Bible quotes, saying they have a revelation about why THEY alone have been revealed the truth, and such and such, and such .... and such. If you don't want to actually place a specific date bet, you can buy an option on a week, or a month. "Put" options will be after your date, "call" options will be before your date. If you are correct as to date, the Fullerene will give a donation in your name to TTA, and you can have your name turned red, (if you like).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-03-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: The theist wagering thread .. place your bets
I pick March 6th

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
01-03-2013, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 05:22 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(01-03-2013 05:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So this will be like an office pool, and you can estimate the date a new theist here will start preaching, spouting Bible quotes, saying they have a revelation about why THEY alone have been revealed the truth, and such and such, and such .... and such. If you don't want to actually place a specific date bet, you can buy an option on a week, or a month. "Put" options will be after your date, "call" options will be before your date. If you are correct as to date, the Fullerene will give a donation in your name to TTA, and you can have your name turned red, (if you like).
Can I be part of this game?
If your talking about me....I have a hint for you. Go read my post in the introductions thread. I won't be trying to convert you to a particular religion so you won't see me defending any religion unless you make some gross misrepresentation about it....even then I'd have to be in the mood for a fight.
I'm interested in talking about God and his nature. I'm not interested in talking about religion.
01-03-2013, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 05:41 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-03-2013 05:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 05:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So this will be like an office pool, and you can estimate the date a new theist here will start preaching, spouting Bible quotes, saying they have a revelation about why THEY alone have been revealed the truth, and such and such, and such .... and such. If you don't want to actually place a specific date bet, you can buy an option on a week, or a month. "Put" options will be after your date, "call" options will be before your date. If you are correct as to date, the Fullerene will give a donation in your name to TTA, and you can have your name turned red, (if you like).
Can I be part of this game?
If your talking about me....I have a hint for you. Go read my post in the introductions thread. I won't be trying to convert you to a particular religion so you won't see me defending any religion unless you make some gross misrepresentation about it....even then I'd have to be in the mood for a fight.
I'm interested in talking about God and his nature. I'm not interested in talking about religion.

If a god has a "nature" then it doesn't have another nature. That makes her not "infinite". Oops. BTW the gods are female, and eunuchs, and hermaprodites, not males.
(Just more anthropomorphic projection.)

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-03-2013, 05:43 AM
(01-03-2013 05:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 05:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Can I be part of this game?

If a god has a "nature" then it doesn't have another nature. That makes her not "infinite". Oops. BTW the gods are female, and eunuchs, and hermaprodites, not males.
I'll address this criticism in another thread someday.
01-03-2013, 07:34 AM
April 1st
01-03-2013, 09:17 AM
(01-03-2013 05:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 05:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If a god has a "nature" then it doesn't have another nature. That makes her not "infinite". Oops. BTW the gods are female, and eunuchs, and hermaprodites, not males.
I'll address this criticism in another thread someday.

Well just don't tell me when. That would be insider trading.

01-03-2013, 09:20 AM
(01-03-2013 09:17 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 05:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'll address this criticism in another thread someday.

Well just don't tell me when. That would be insider trading.

Of junk bonds. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-03-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm going with April 15th.

I'm going with that date if we allow for theists to come back too? I suspect Egor will be back shortly after Easter.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
01-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Wow, it's getting that bad here on TTA, huh?

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan