The thought crime equivalence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: The thought crime equivalence
(15-08-2015 06:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...
It's simple Pavlovian training -- people need rewards, to excel. It's a rare person who does their best, just for the sake of doing a great job.

Not necessarily.

According to this info, drivers are ... purpose, autonomy and mastery.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2015, 03:15 PM
(15-08-2015 07:54 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I guess we need a definition of heart from Alla then. If committing a sin in your heart isn't a sin, Alla, then why even bother with the verse at all?
To even suggest the bible-writers didn't insinuate this was a legitimate sin is to be dishonest. If "coveting" your neighbor's wife is a sin, there is zero difference here, so stop making up excuses.
To have a desire, to wish to do something evil is not a sin.
But if you do not fight this desire(symbolically if do not cut your arm, for example)
it will lead you to committing sin.
To cut of an arm means: get rid of evil desires/thoughts.
Jesus was teaching that if we lust for another woman/man while we are married we have to stop our evil thoughts before it is too late.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
15-08-2015, 03:23 PM
(15-08-2015 06:15 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I think you misunderstand the bible. It is not about thinking and then carrying out the idea. It is the very idea.
Thought crime. Pure and simple.
This is what Jesus Christ teaches:
Temptation is not a sin. Evil thought is not a sin. But we have to get rid off temptations and evil thoughts(we have to cut them off). It is heroic thing to do sometimes. Sometimes to get rid of evil desires or thoughts as hard as it is hard to cut off your own hand.
Where in the Bible it says that temptation or evil thought is sin?

15-08-2015, 04:49 PM
So coveting your neighbor's wife is not a sin? Please defend this Alla.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2015, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2015 05:10 PM by Banjo.)
(15-08-2015 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  This is what Jesus Christ teaches:
Temptation is not a sin. Evil thought is not a sin. But we have to get rid off temptations and evil thoughts(we have to cut them off). It is heroic thing to do sometimes. Sometimes to get rid of evil desires or thoughts as hard as it is hard to cut off your own hand.
Where in the Bible it says that temptation or evil thought is sin?

Please explain how the desire of a woman from afar is evil.

It is all through it. Here is one example from Galatians. 5-17

For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

Christianity is in effect anti life. Preaching that natural desire is evil. If we had no desire there would be no humanity on the planet. Nor would there be any animals.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
15-08-2015, 09:18 PM
(15-08-2015 04:49 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So coveting your neighbor's wife is not a sin? Please defend this Alla.

where does it say that coveting is sin?
coveting is desire. where does it say that desires are sins?
Desires can lead to sin.
If I covet another husband I will want to commit a sin(adultery).

15-08-2015, 09:33 PM
(15-08-2015 09:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 04:49 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So coveting your neighbor's wife is not a sin? Please defend this Alla.

where does it say that coveting is sin?
coveting is desire. where does it say that desires are sins?
Desires can lead to sin.
If I covet another husband I will want to commit a sin(adultery).

Are you really this ignorant of your own religion? Are you intentionally being obtuse?

Sin is the breaking of God's law (1 John 3:4). Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife. That is a commandment from your god, and his commandment is his law. Breaking his law is a sin.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? I know English isn't your first language but clearly you understand what we are talking about, yet you are completely ignorant to the context of this conversation and your religion.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
16-08-2015, 08:37 AM
The only way to stop men from desiring a woman is to castrate them. That would definitely be the end of mankind. It shows one just how stupid biblical teachings are. The 10 commandments could be narrowed down to "Treat others with respect". Do that and everything else falls in to place. Where are the rest of the commandments? Apparently there were dozens more, just got edited to the ridiculous arrogant 10.
[+] 1 user Likes Takelababy's post
16-08-2015, 10:10 AM
(16-08-2015 08:37 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  The only way to stop men from desiring a woman is to castrate them. That would definitely be the end of mankind. It shows one just how stupid biblical teachings are. The 10 commandments could be narrowed down to "Treat others with respect". Do that and everything else falls in to place. Where are the rest of the commandments? Apparently there were dozens more, just got edited to the ridiculous arrogant 10.

"The Ridiculous Arrogant 10" sounds like Quentin Tarantino's next flick!

----
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
16-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Doesn't the passage refer to the notion that the thought is the same as the action, so if you've lusted after someone it's the equivalent of "doing the deed?" The thought isn't bad because of the fact it may lead to an action but rather, it's equally bad of its on accord.

A small but, it seems to me anyway, important distinction, no?

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 2 users Like TheMrBillShow's post