The thought crime equivalence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: The thought crime equivalence
(16-08-2015 04:05 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  Doesn't the passage refer to the notion that the thought is the same as the action, so if you've lusted after someone it's the equivalent of "doing the deed?" The thought isn't bad because of the fact it may lead to an action but rather, it's equally bad of its on accord.

A small but, it seems to me anyway, important distinction, no?

Indeed, my fellow Rush fan is correct and is in accord with my OP. The thought is the same as the action. It's all bullshit.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
16-08-2015, 08:18 PM
and the two verses right after that?

5:29 - And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
5:30 - And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell

so if you look at someone else lustfully you should poke your eyeballs out because you'd rather let your eyeballs go to hell rather than your entire body (i.e. yourself). that's pretty damn messed up.
Find all posts by this user
16-08-2015, 08:21 PM
(16-08-2015 08:18 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  and the two verses right after that?

5:29 - And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
5:30 - And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell

so if you look at someone else lustfully you should poke your eyeballs out because you'd rather let your eyeballs go to hell rather than your entire body (i.e. yourself). that's pretty damn messed up.

Yeah. I never understood how anyone could ever take this shit seriously.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user